Award-Winning ONYX 18 Software Now Shipping
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
A new color experience, next level power and superior output print service providers can validate and show to their customers
Salt Lake City, Utah – Today, Onyx Graphics, Inc., announced global availability of ONYX 18, the newest version release of the company’s award-winning wide- and grand-format software that includes new color technologies for color accuracy, consistency, and conformance to standards such as G7 and Fogra that print service providers can prove to their customers.
ONYX 18 – covering the entire product portfolio of ONYX solutions including ONYX Thrive print workflow; and ONYX ProductionHouse, ONYX PosterShop and ONYX RIPCenter RIP software – is now available to all ONYX Advantage customers by requesting a key update and to all other customers for immediate purchase. The ONYX Advantage subscription program gives ONYX software users a quick and easy way to keep their software current and secure their investment. Customers that are not ONYX Advantage subscribers should contact their local Authorized ONYX Reseller or visit onyxgfx.com for more information.
“ONYX 18 represents the next generation of wide-format print software capabilities,” said Bryan Manwaring, Director of Product Marketing at Onyx Graphics. “The improvements really raise the bar in giving print service providers the ability to validate color, match standards and maintain consistency to get the best possible output.”
Previewed at the International Sign Expo in Orlando, March 22-24 and formally announced at FESPA Global Print Expo in Berlin, May 21-23, ONYX 18 software gained immediate recognition upon its launch from the European Digital Press when it was honored with the 2018 EDP Award for Best Color Management software.
The latest release of ONYX 18 gives users a new color experience, while bringing consistency, reliability, and power to a print environment. Highlights of ONYX 18 include:
- ONYX Color, the industry-leading color engine, includes new core enhancements for improved black ink combinations that give increased shadow detail, texture and definition, as well as increased saturation of reds and oranges without compromising ink savings. Textile and soft signage application benefit especially from these enhancements.
- ColorCheck, a new process control tool set that enables print service providers to guarantee color accuracy to their customers as well as ensure consistency of output across devices over time.
- ColorCheck also ensures conformance to standards including G7 and Fogra as well as baseline testing for process control and in-product indicators for printer recalibration.
- PosterColor 2.0, a technology first introduced to the industry by Onyx Graphics, uses next-generation smart rendering intent to boost saturation of solid colors for added ‘pop’ across all image types.
- AccuBoost, new for ONYX 18, is an iterative ICC profiling technique for pinpoint accuracy of ICC profiles.
- The latest Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE 4.8), accelerates processing for patterns and soft masks with super-fast algorithms for rendering complex file types resulting in big performance gains.