Use of the Service
The Service contains information on businesses, establishments, public services and other third parties, as well as news, feature articles, images, video, audio and other materials.
The Service may provide you with other ways to access and use such information and materials — for instance, we give you the option to receive our emails and notification on social networking services.
WhatTheyThink makes no guaranty that such information is accurate and your use of the information we provide is at your own risk. You agree that WhatTheyThink is not liable for inaccurate, incomplete, outdated or missing information on the Service. If you think something looks inaccurate or incomplete, please let us know.
Most features of the site can be used without registration (ie, signing up with a email address and password). however, in order to access some aspects of the Service you may need to provide your email address (ie, signing up with a email newsletter) or register for an account.
Acceptable Use Policy
WhatTheyThink expects all of its users to be respectful of others when using the Service. If you notice any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or other unacceptable behavior by any user, please report it to email@example.com.
You are solely responsible for the content that you post on the Service or transmit to other users (ie, leaving a comment). By using the Service, you agree that you will not hold WhatTheyThink responsible or liable for any Content from other users that you access on the Service.
Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users anything that contains content that:
- for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Service;
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred against any group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence or physical harm;
- violates any party's right of publicity or right of privacy;
- infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials)
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, "spam," or any other form of solicitation.
We do our best to keep tabs on what is posted on the site, however WhatTheyThink is under no obligation to screen or monitor Content, but may review user content from time to time at its sole discretion to determine compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. CEO will make all determinations as to what Content is appropriate at its sole discretion. We may include, edit or remove any content at any time without notice.
Our Proprietary Rights
Termination of Access
Links and Third Party Content
In order to provide you with as much relevant information as possible, the Service may contain links to other web sites not maintained by us. The links may include listings that provide you with further information, or links that have been included in materials uploaded to the Service by a party other than WhatTheyThink. We are not responsible for the practices or the content of such other web sites or services. Despite any links that might exist on the Service, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with such third parties.
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE. FURTHER, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE COMPLETELY SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, COSTS OF COVER, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, EACH OF WHICH IS HEREBY EXCLUDED BY AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
If any part of these warranty disclaimers or limitations of liability is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason or if we are otherwise found to be liable to you in any manner, then our aggregate liability for all claims under such circumstances for liabilities, shall not exceed the lesser of (i) the amount paid by you for your use of the Service during the prior twelve (12) months or (ii) ten dollars ($10).
Any claims asserted by you in connection with the Service must be asserted in writing to WhatTheyThink within one (1) year of the date such claim first arose, or such claim is forever waived by you. Each claim shall be adjudicated individually, and you agree not to combine your claim with the claim of any third party.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Notice
Materials may be made available via the Service by third parties not within our control. We are under no obligation to, and do not, scan content used in connection with the Service for the inclusion of illegal or impermissible content. However, we respect the copyright interests of others. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to infringe another party's copyright to remain on the Service.
If you believe any materials on the Service infringe a copyright, you should provide us with written notice that at minimum contains:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please let us know about copyright issues by sending all DMCA notices to our designated agent as follows:
ATTN: DMCA Officer
PO Box 12350
Lexington, KY 40582
It is our policy to terminate relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.