New EFI Fiery Digital Front End Powers High-performance Ricoh Production Printers
Friday, February 17, 2017
Press release from the issuing company
FREMONT, Calif. - Electronics For Imaging announced today the launch of a new EFI Fiery® digital front end (DFE) that delivers the latest Fiery technology to increase performance and productivity on RICOH Pro 8200 Series black-and-white production printers.
The new EFI Fiery EB-34 DFE is built on the latest Fiery FS200 Pro platform and delivers superior image quality in monochrome printing. Customers can take advantage of advanced job management and make-ready tools to streamline the print process with automated workflows. The new Fiery DFE also offers:
- Fiery Command WorkStation®, the intuitive, centralized user interface that allows users to manage all Fiery Driven™ monochrome and color printers in a seamless and tightly integrated workflow
- Fiery Grayscale Calibration, an innovative feature that ensures consistent and optimal image reproduction by automatically measuring and enhancing tonal variances
- The optional Fiery ImageViewer for Black and White, a full-resolution raster preview tool that gives users the ability to make black curve adjustments to maintain output consistency between multiple devices
- The optional Fiery Impose and Fiery JobMaster™, visual make-ready tools that streamline complex tasks, giving users more power and flexibility in imposition, tab insertion and design, page-level ticketing, finishing, scanning and late-stage editing
- A connection to Fiery Navigator™, a cloud-based digital print management platform for Fiery Driven digital production presses
- Powerful integration to EFI Productivity Suites to establish certified, end-to-end workflows.
"The RICOH Pro 8200 series empowers printers to produce a wide variety of applications very quickly and efficiently," said John Fulena, Vice President, Production Printing Business Group, Ricoh USA, Inc. "The new EFI Fiery EB-34 DFE helps customers drive productivity, so they can minimize their prep time while maintaining close control over production management steps to help ensure exceptional results with this latest monochrome addition to our production print portfolio."
Ramp up your production with Fiery innovation
"EFI continues to deploy its 20 years of developing industry-leading Fiery technology to the new RICOH Pro 8200 Series black-and-white print engines," said John Henze, vice president, Fiery marketing, EFI. "Ricoh customers can achieve more without compromise using reliable EFI Fiery technology. With the new DFE offering, users gain a robust and unified digital print workflow that streamlines all aspects of their production — from job submission, job setup, make-ready, and automation to scheduling, invoicing and fulfillment."
Run a smooth operation with business-wide integration
The Fiery EB-34 DFE also enables integration into existing production workflows for digital color and offset printing, giving print providers the ability to automate many business processes for greater flexibility with fewer touch points and reduced errors. Plus, the DFE can be included in end-to-end, certified workflows with EFI MIS/ERP and web-to-print products, including the EFI Midmarket Productivity Suite, the EFI Quick Print Suite and EFI Digital StoreFront® software for automated job submission and eCommerce, estimating, scheduling, job ticketing, accounting and other processes.
The Fiery EB-34 DFE is available now from Ricoh and authorized Ricoh resellers. For more information about EFI Fiery Driven digital production printing, visit www.efi.com or contact 800-875-7117.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free