PAF Announces 2008 Print Awards Recipients
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyOrlando, Florida, August 11, 2008 - The "best of the best" in graphic communications were honored at the 21st Annual Florida Print Awards on August 9, 2008. The Printing Association of Florida (PAF) presented awards to 78 Florida-based printing, graphic arts companies and schools during a banquet at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, Orlando.
"Each year, the quality of the submissions for the Florida Print Awards increases, raising the standard to which they are held," said George Ryan, president and CEO of PAF. "Once again, the judges remarked how they were impressed with the entries by PAF members, and that it was increasingly difficult to determine the best of the best. We are excited about the level of excellence among our members, and the quality of printing overall in the state of Florida."
Franklin Communications, LLC (Miami) received the coveted Golden Flamingo Award, presented each year to the company that wins the most first-place awards.
2008 Best of Show trophies were awarded to Elegant Printing & Graphics Co., Inc. (Longwood), Division I; tCreative, Inc. (Winter Park), Division II; Ellison Graphics Corporation (Jupiter), Division III; and Southeastern Printing (Stuart), Division IV. Redd Paper Company, Eastman Kodak Company, xpedx and Mac Papers sponsored the Best of Show awards.
Sponsor trophies were presented in recognition of outstanding work in the following categories:
- The Benjamin Franklin Education Foundation Award - Best of Show, Student Division - Eddie Misicka, Valencia Community College
- The Heidelberg USA, Inc. Award - Best Annual Report - Coastal Printing, Inc., Sarasota
- The MAN Roland North America, Inc. Award - Best Art Reproduction - Procoel S.A. de C.V., Mexico
- The Hewlett-Packard Company Award - Best Digital Printing - Roberts Printing, Clearwater
- The Pitman Company Award - Best Poster - Progressive Communications, Lake Mary
- The FUJIfilm Graphics Systems USA Award - Best Printer's Self-Advertising - Progressive Communications, Lake Mary
- The Komori America Corporation SE Award - Best Process Color Printing - Franklin Communications LLC, Miami
- The Shinohara Tech USA, Inc. Award - Best Small Press - Lauderdale Graphics, Miramar
- The Accurate Laminating/Clear Choice Laminating Award - Best Special Treatment - Roberts Printing, Clearwater
- The GraphicsPAC Award - Best Stationery Set - Lawton Printers, Casselberry
- The Graphics of the Americas Award - Best Use of Color in Design - RR Donnelley, Orlando
- The Unisource Award - Most Creative Use of Paper - National Litho LLC, Miami
- The Associates Trade Bindery Award - Best Web Press - St Ives Inc Florida, Hollywood
Ten Florida schools and universities received awards, including Deltona High School (Deltona), Dillard High School-Center for the Arts & Technology (Ft. Lauderdale), Florida A&M University (Tallahassee), Lake Weir High School (Ocala), Miami Carol City High School (Miami), Santa Fe Community College (Gainesville), Tampa Bay Tech High School (Tampa), Treasure Coast High School (Port St. Lucie), Valencia Community College (Orlando) and West Boca Raton High School (Boca Raton).
Established in 1988, the Florida Print Awards is the printing industry's largest statewide graphic arts competition. It recognizes individuals, companies and organizations responsible for the creation or production of print communications. The competition promotes excellence in the industry and recognizes companies and individuals who produce the best in print media.
The Florida Print Awards provides association members, graphic arts and design students from the state of Florida to compete on a level playing field in 58 print and design categories. Entries are judged against those in the same division, allowing entrants to compete against other entrants of the same size and number of employees. For more information on the Florida Print Awards, contact Kathryn Stuart at +1 407-240-8009.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved