HP Adds Chromatic Red Ink To New DesignJet Z-series Printers
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Press release from the issuing company
Extended color gamut makes an impact for graphics and technical applications
PALO ALTO, Calif. - HP Inc. today expanded its proven HP DesignJet Z-series portfolio of high-impact graphics printers with a 44-inch multi-roll printer and the company’s most affordable 24-inch high-impact graphics printer.(1)
The HP DesignJet Z5600 and Z2600 PostScript Printers come with a six-ink printing system, which helps users cut costs by reducing ink consumption up to 20 percent,(2) while still ensuring crisp colors. These devices, designed for copy shops, retailers and corporations, specifically GIS departments, newly offer HP chromatic red ink which enhances the color gamut, ideal for high-impact point of purchase (POP) signs and posters.
“Our customers want colors that are vibrant, not muted; however they also need solutions that increase the color gamut without excess inks,” said Xavier Garcia, general manager, Large-Format Sign and Display Division, HP Inc. “With today’s new printers, the HP DesignJet portfolio covers all graphic needs, from high-impact graphics to photo quality applications, enabling users to differentiate from the competition.”
The HP DesignJet Z5600 and Z2600 PostScript Printers produce diverse applications efficiently and with the highest quality standards, from eye-catching signs and posters to durable maps and technical drawings. For greater line accuracy and color reliability, HP Professional PANTONE® color emulation is included with Adobe®PostScript®/PDF, HP-GL/2. And smooth color tones are achieved thanks to HP Multi-Dimensional Smart Drop Placement Technology, which provides increased levels of color accuracy and reliable operation of the printer.
“The HP DesignJet Z5600 opens exciting possibilities for our clients with the vibrant red that differentiates our graphics and technical drawings from competitors,” said Wilson Rodriquez, Speedi Pack. “In addition, with its impressive, straightforward operation and dual-roll, we spend more time serving customers than operating the printer.”
Quick and efficient high-impact graphics printing
The 44-inch, automatic multi-roll HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript Printer boosts media loading efficiency up to 75 percent(3) and users can print up to 39 percent faster(4) with quick-drying HP inks. For creating high-impact graphics, the pigment-based HP Vivid Photo inks are water and fade-resistant for maps and technical drawings that can last up to 200 years.(5)
HP’s most affordable 24-inch high-impact graphics printer
HP’s most affordable 24-inch graphics printer, the new HP DesignJet Z2600 PostScript Printer saves up to 20 percent ink consumption using HP’s optimized six-ink printing system.(6) With its radically simple, intuitive operation, no training is needed to use this compact printer, sized to fit any work space. Additionally, HP Vivid Photo Inks, including chromatic red ink, deliver high-impact images that leave a lasting impression.
Easy one-click printing
Both new HP DesignJet Z-series printers include new HP DesignJet Click printing software to optimize time and simplify printing by enabling radically simple, one-click printing for all PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and HP-GL/2 files from a PC or Mac to the HP DesignJet Z-series printers.(7,8) The software helps cut media costs with features like nesting and file error warnings, and users can now be more productive with real-time previews, along with driverless and multipage/multi-file PDF printing of posters, roll-up banners, CAD drawings, maps, and info-graphic presentations.
HP DesignJet: reinventing large-format design since 1991
With more than 3 million HP DesignJets installed around the world, it is hard to imagine that this printing revolution began 25 years ago with HP reinventing large-format design to launch the first inkjet large-format printer in 1991.
This achievement is a reminder for HP to continue to reinvent the printing market and continually pioneer new technologies. Design is in the DesignJet name, so as HP looks to the next 25 years, the company will strive to find solutions and identify new possibilities, keeping technical and graphic design professionals needs at the center of innovation.
HP DesignJet Z5600 and Z2600 Postscript Printers are expected to be available in mid-June 2016.
Join HP to learn more about the HP DesignJet portfolio at drupa in Dusseldorf, Germany May 31-June 10, at Hexagon in Anaheim, Calif., U.S., June 13-16, and at Esri in San Diego, Calif., U.S, June 27-July 1.
(1) Compared to other HP DesignJet Z-series printers.
(2) Reduced ink consumption based on comparing the 6-ink HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer to the 8-ink Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8400S printer when used in a small copy shop environment as of March, 2016.
(3) Based on March, 2016 internal HP competitive research comparing single-roll printers with dual-roll printing with smart switching on the HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer on jobs that require switching between two types of media.
(4) Compared to the Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8400SE printer on plain paper, in fast mode.
(5) Print Permanence estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab based on HP Vivid Photo Inks with the HP DesignJet Z6200 Photo Production Printer. Water resistance performance varies based on printer and print profile. Water resistance testing by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of HP media and follows ISO 18935 method. Scratch-resistance based on internal HP testing using the Taber and coin test method on a range of HP media. Display permanence rating for interior displays/away from direct sunlight by HP Image Permanence Lab, and by Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc. on a range of HP media. For more information, see http://www.HPLFMedia.com/printpermanence.
(6) Reduced ink consumption based on comparing the 6-ink HP DesignJet Z5600 PostScript® Printer to the 8-ink Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8400S printer when used in a small copy shop environment as of March, 2016.
(7) Once image is selected, one-click printing when printing the entire file without any modifications to the print settings. Applicable to PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and HP-GL/2 files.
(8) Applicable to HP DesignJet Z2100/Z5200 Photo Printers, the HP DesignJet Z3200 Photo Printer series, HP DesignJet Z2600/Z5400/Z5600 PostScript® Printers, HP DesignJet Z6200/Z6800 Photo Production Printers, and the HP DesignJet Z6600 Production Printer.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved