PPC Announces Lineup of 2016 Data Reports
Thursday, January 14, 2016
Press release from the issuing company
SPRINGFIELD, MA - The Paperboard Packaging Council (PPC) recently announced its 2016 lineup of monthly, quarterly, and annual industry benchmarking reports. Helping converters in their day-to-day operations, the 2016 reports include:
- The Flash Report, which provides converters with a monthly snapshot of overall industry activity, including data for shipments, raw materials, WIP, and finished goods.
- The Overall Equipment Effectiveness Report (OEE), which allows converters to monitor and maintain the availability, performance throughput, and quality of their printing presses and diecutters, helping them to pinpoint trouble spots and make reinvestment decisions.
- The Safety Boxscore Report, which helps converters protect their staff by measuring monthly safety statistics relative to similarly sized converters.
- The Performance Report for Management, which allows converters to evaluate financial health by comparing their performance to those of other converters.
- The Machine Hour Ratio Report, which provides key information on run, make-ready, and downtime statistics for various types of folding carton equipment.
In 2016, PPC will also release an expanded Performance Report for Management, a Compensation Report that compares wages against the industry average, and a Rigid Box Machine Hour Rate Report, a comprehensive plant “check-up” for rigid box manufacturers.
“These reports allow members to get a bird’s eye view of what’s going on in the industry,” said Brian Chaisson, PPC’s Director of Industry Benchmarking. “They help members understand how they fit into the overall trend and how they stack up against competitors. This makes not only for smarter companies but also for a smarter industry.”
PPC began its benchmarking program in 2008 after recognizing a lack of folding carton industry-specific data. Past reports include the Waste Report, which tracks paperboard waste during the converting process; the IT/ERP Report, which surveys preferred IT solutions; the Total Cost Model Report, which helps converters better understand their unique cost structures; and the Business Sentiment Report, which assesses the business outlook of folding carton executives.
“Our benchmarking program has become one of the most sought-after components of PPC membership,” said Ben Markens, PPC President. “We are truly honored to provide this resource to our industry.”
To learn more about PPC’s industry benchmarking program, visit paperbox.org/benchmarking.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free