FASTSIGNS Closes Out Record-Breaking Year
Thursday, January 07, 2016
Leading Global Sign, Graphics and Visual Communication Franchisor Breaks 600-Location Mark; Continues to Outpace Industry Growth with 52 Signed Franchise Agreements
CARROLLTON, Texas – Surpassing its 600th location milestone among achieving high revenue marks, FASTSIGNS International, Inc. has concluded another outstanding year. Over the past 12 months, the global franchisor has inked more than 50 franchise agreements, opened more than 40 units and reached global revenues of $400 million – an all-time high for the company.
FASTSIGNS International, Inc. CEO Catherine Monson says: “Robust franchise expansion will continue in 2016 domestically and in key international markets. Our company is experiencing a high demand in franchise sales globally due to the rising worldwide need for visual communications and digital signage technology. Internationally, FASTSIGNS® opened its first center in Dubai this past June and continues to seek growth opportunities in Central and South America, Southeast Asia, Europe, India, Mexico, the Middle East and the UK. All told, we expect to open another 60 to 70 locations in 2016, as well as finalizing master franchise agreements in two new countries.”
Due to FASTSIGNS’ dedicated $21 million in franchisee funding available, franchise expansion continued to grow at a rapid pace through New Center development, as well as the company’s Co-Brand and Conversion programs. With partners now in the print and photofinishing industries, the Co-Brand program accounted for 20 percent of the franchise agreements signed in 2015, a significant increase from prior years. Launched in 2012, the FASTSIGNS Co-Brand program helps independent business operators with print-related services add the FASTSIGNS brand and full-suite of solutions, while retaining control of their existing business. Co-Brand franchise partners can join FASTSIGNS for a down payment of $10,000, saving them significant time, resources and money when enhancing their existing operations and service offerings. Co-Brand franchisees consistently report that the program has added value for customers, promoting long-term growth opportunities for their businesses.
Richard Helmey, owner of truecolor GRAPHICS and a FASTSIGNS Co-Brand franchise, said, “I purchased a local printing business and parlayed my background into quick revenue growth. My penchant for big growth led me to enter the wide-format market. After becoming a FASTSIGNS Co-Brand Franchisee, things really took off—it meshed well with my existing business, gave us the capability to provide a full range of wide-format projects and injected a new level of sophistication to my company. Most importantly, wide-format sales are 20 percent of total revenues and are on track to double in the next two years.”
Further contributing to the franchise’s growth is the continued traction and implementation of its “More Than” brand positioning and expanded products & services, as well as the formation of an outside sales force that has grown to more than 400 sales professionals.
Proof of FASTSIGNS’ industry dominance are the many accolades the company receives each year for outstanding franchise growth, system-wide sales, franchisee satisfaction and franchisee support. Honors include:
- The Franchise Grade Top 500 list ranked FASTSIGNS as the top sign and graphics franchise and No. 19 overall out of 2,387 franchise systems for transparency during the franchise sales process, corporate support, training, revenues and growth.
- Entrepreneur magazine’s “Franchise 500” list of America’s top franchise opportunities has placed FASTSIGNS in its top 100 for four consecutive years.
- Franchise Business Review (FBR) inducted FASTSIGNS into its Hall of Fame for demonstrating reliable performance through 10 consistent years of annual placement in its Top Franchises list, which is based on franchisee satisfaction. FASTSIGNS also ranked highest on the list among business services concepts.
- The Franchise Research Institute recognized FASTSIGNS as the top sign and graphics franchise and certified the company as a 2015 World-Class Franchise for the four consecutive years.
- USA Today, G.I. Jobs magazine, Military Times magazine and FBR acknowledged FASTSIGNS as one of the top franchises for military veterans.
“The many honors we receive each year are evidence of our company’s values – honesty, transparency and trust,” FASTSIGNS International, Inc. EVP of Franchise Support and Development Mark Jameson said. “Our openness and willingness to share information are key differentiators that have greatly benefitted our franchise sales process. We’re committed to growing with the right franchisees and being a true partner, equally invested in their success.”