Flint Group Narrow Web launches Hydrokett® ZEN in North America
Wednesday, July 01, 2015
A new and versatile water-based ink system for paper and film flexographic applications.
Plymouth, Minnesota - Flint Group is pleased to announce the launch of a new generation of water-based ink technology called Hydrokett ZEN - a revolutionary concept developed for narrow web label and packaging applications.
Designed with ease-of-use in mind, Hydrokett ZEN was developed using the concepts and ideals of innovation and continuous improvement – or Kaizen. These inks provide peace of mind and low stress when running in the pressroom. Converters using these new inks will experience -
- Nearly Zero maintenance
- An ink that is Easy to use
- A product that works for Numerous applications
Mike Buystedt, Vice President Sales Narrow Web North America had this to say, “Our beta test customers have been extremely pleased with the results of Hydrokett ZEN. Originally designed for paper applications, we quickly realised that these inks were also well suited for film – customers running on both materials have been able to reduce their ink inventories.”
He continues, “The versatility and user-friendly nature of these products has these inks already labelled as a favourite among those running the press. And the benefits with lowered waste, ease of use, and its ability to be used on multiple substrates is an economic bonus.”
Hydrokett ZEN is specifically designed to deliver multiple benefits
- With excellent press stability, higher printing speeds, and very low maintenance, printers will see consistent high print quality and improved profitability due to reduced waste and press downtime.
- This is a robust ink with adhesion to many substrates which can lower ink inventory levels.
- Printers will see the best print quality obtainable with water-based flexo and outstanding colour strength – superior printability and colour, along with great dot sharpness delivers higher quality labels at higher printing speeds.
“Hydrokett ZEN went through a very exhaustive and challenging beta testing process with some key high quality printers in our industry. The collaboration and feedback we received during this process inspired our product development chemists to formulate a product that met and exceeded the high demands of these printers. We are thankful for their input in the development of Hydrokett ZEN,” states Tom Hammer, Product Manager Narrow Web North America.
Hydrokett ZEN is available in a 4-colour process set and the full Pantone® colour range. These inks can be provided in a finished ink system, or in a blend vehicle and colour concentrates for dispensing.