20 Trophies for EDP Award 2015 winners
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Press release from the issuing company
Innovating power in our digital industry
The Winners are...May 20th afternoon, during Fespa in Cologne, the European Digital Press (EDP) Association celebrated the Winners of their 9th EDP Awards. With this Awards EDP honores the best developments in print production tools, software developments, substrates, inks, materials and finishings systems. Out of more than 100 entries finally 20 products were awarded with a best of Trophy in its category.
This year's winners:
- Best special application solution: Trotec JobControl Vision
- Best color management solution: Agfa Asanti Color Management
- Best print support tool: GEW LW1
- Best wide format roll to roll up to 1,7 meter: HP Latex 360
- Best print and cut solution: Mimaki CJV150/300 Series
- Best wide format roll to roll up to 3,3 meter: Agfa Anapurna M3200i RTR
- Best wide format hybrid/flatbed UV printer: Canon Océ Arizona 6100-Series
- Best wide format textile printer light production: Roland DG Texart RT-640
- Best wide format textile printer high production: Durst Rhotex HS
- Best production cut-sheet printer light production: Ricoh Pro C7100X
- Best production cut-sheet printer high production: Canon Océ VarioPrint i300
- Best production printer web-fed: Ricoh Pro VC60000
- Best special solutions printer: Leonhard Kurz DM-Liner
- Best labeling solution: Xeikon Cheetah
- Best packaging solution: HP Indigo 20000 Digital Press
- Best multipurpose object printer: Mutoh ValueJet 426UF
- Best sheet-fed offline finishing system: Highcon Euclid II+
- Best textile substrate: DHJ Decoprint Acqualight
- Best environmental substrate: 3A Composites SMART-X natura
- Best special application substrate: Khora by James Cropper Paper
The EDP Association
The EDP Association was founded in 2006 by six trade magazines with main editorial focus on digital print and production. Now the EDP Association counts 20 member magazines all over Europe, covering 26 countries and reaching more than half a million of readers in Europe. One of the goals of EDP Association was the idea, to assist the technology-appliers in their task to find the right solution for his applications. Because not every high tech product eventually meets the requirements in a demanding production environment. Since 2007 EDP has evaluated and honored the best new developments in print production tools, software developments, substrates, inks, materials and finishing systems. Over the years more than 200 trophies were awarded to the best technologies and developments.
The judging process
As soon as a product is submitted the evaluation process starts and the members of the Technical Committee investigate the products´ features and qualities – by consulting other experts as well. At the end of the submission period the Technical Committee nominates the best ones in a category for the final judging round. In a special EDP General Assembly (this year in Brixen/Italy) representatives of all the member magazines discussed the quality again – also under aspects such as value to the user, support and service and other arguments. They finally decided which product is worth of being awarded an EDP Trophy.
The next submission period for the EDP Awards 2015/2016 has started by April 1st 2015 and will end for products officially introduced till March 30th 2016.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free