Amazon launches first-ever staffed campus pickup and drop-off location, Free One-Day Pickup services
Wednesday, February 04, 2015
Press release from the issuing company
SEATTLE and WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - Amazon on Tuesday (Feb. 3) announced the grand opening of Amazon@Purdue, its first-ever staffed customer order pickup and drop-off location, housed in the Krach Leadership Center on Purdue University's West Lafayette campus.
Amazon@Purdue gives Purdue students a convenient, cost-saving new option for receiving textbooks and other college essentials from Amazon, as well as a hassle-free way to return textbook rentals and other orders.
Additionally, Amazon Student and Amazon Prime members at Purdue get Free One-Day Shipping on textbooks shipped to the West Lafayette campus area and Free One-Day Pickup on more than 1million items when shipped to the Amazon@Purdue location.
"We're excited to open our first-ever staffed pickup location at Purdue, making it more convenient and affordable for students to get everything they need for life on campus," said Paul Ryder, vice president of media and student programs at Amazon. "Whether students are ordering textbooks, laptops or mac and cheese, Amazon and Purdue are now providing a convenient and secure spot for them to pick up their stuff at hours that work with their schedules. We look forward to bringing this experience to more universities soon."
Purdue President Mitch Daniels said, "Our goal in working with Amazon has been to make books and other needed supplies more affordable for our students, as we have with tuition and room and board. The opening of the Amazon@Purdue location adds convenience to the mix."
Student affordability and accessibility is a key component of Purdue Moves, a range of initiatives to broaden Purdue's global impact and enhance educational opportunities for its students.
Here's how Amazon@Purdue works:
* Students, alumni, faculty and staff at Purdue can activate their benefits by visiting purdue.amazon.com or joining Amazon Student to personalize their Amazon shopping experience.
* Once activated, students will be able to easily identify books needed for class by looking for a badge with Purdue's logo and class information within Amazon search results and product pages. Students also can purchase any item available on Amazon. Items eligible for Free One-Day Pickup are marked with a Prime Campus badge.
* When purchasing items on Amazon, students can choose Amazon@Purdue as their shipping address at checkout.
* When orders arrive, students will receive an email or text notification.
* When they're ready to pick up their order, students will click on the link provided in the email or text. This link will generate a barcode.
* After arriving at Amazon@Purdue, the student will scan the barcode and pick up the order at one of the self-service lockers or go to the pickup desk where an associate can provide assistance.
The opening of Amazon@Purdue marks the next phase of the collaboration announced by Purdue and Amazon last August, in which Amazon will return to Purdue a percentage of eligible sales from customers who have ordered through purdue.amazon.com, including sales to faculty, staff and alumni. Purdue will use the proceeds for its student affordability and accessibility initiatives.
A second Amazon@Purdue location will open this summer in the Purdue Memorial Union. Also this spring, all Purdue students will be eligible for Free One-Day Shipping on Purdue textbooks shipped to the West Lafayette campus area.
In addition to Purdue University, Amazon has similar arrangements with the University of California, Davis, and the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
For more information on Amazon@Purdue, visit purdue.amazon.com.
More information on Amazon's campus program can be found at amazon.com/amazoncampus.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2019 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved