Highcon Euclid II Series Launched at Graph Expo
Friday, September 19, 2014
Press release from the issuing company
Integrated Digital Stripping Unit heads up the list of new features
Yavne, Israel - At Graph Expo 14 (Chicago, September 28-October 1), Highcon will be launching the Highcon Euclid II series of digital cutting and creasing machines. This second generation of machines incorporates several new features, the result of valuable production input garnered from Euclid customers around the world. The show will be the first public exhibit of the Highcon Euclid digital technology in the North American market, and the company will conduct live demos on the Highcon Euclid II+ machine, in booth #1262.
Aviv Ratzman, Highcon CEO & Co-founder: "With our slogan for the show of "Convert to Value" we intend to demonstrate our ability to deliver the innovation and differentiation that converters, printers, brand owners and retailers have all been waiting for. By transforming “finishing” into a value adding process, the Euclid II series can positively impact each user’s profitability.”
The Euclid II series of machines includes the following new optional add-ons, all of which are included in the top of the line machine, the Euclid II+:
- Highcon Integrated Digital Stripping Unit: The built-in waste stripping mechanism automatically removes the waste from the smallest internal cutouts, eliminating the need to buy, setup or store a separate stripping tool.
- Optical registration: In addition to the registration of the sheets mechanically on the machine, this new module adds the ability to align the creasing and cutting to the image.
- Fine cutting accelerator: This advanced software module takes laser cutting and marking to new heights of design flexibility and speed.
- Web-to-pack software: Highcon has collaborated with expert software developers to produce purpose built web-to-pack software, which will be on show at the booth. Combined with the digital cutting and creasing of the Highcon Euclid, this software will offer print service providers and packaging converters the ability to open customized on line stores with all the advantages of a digital process.
Other new features of the Euclid II series:
- A new substrate handling system: The Euclid II can handle a wide range of substrates: paper, folding carton, labels and microflute. Additional sensors ensure registration accuracy and a smooth, uninterrupted sheet flow, increasing productivity and reliability.
- Enhanced Creasing Quality: Highcon has enhanced the quality of the crease line by developing a new polymer formula and implementing optimized rule geometry that keeps a balance between strength and flexibility, allowing the production of sharp and accurate creases with a new ability to produce curved lines.
- Cutting: Optimized cutting algorithms heighten the accuracy and control over the laser power while allowing higher production speeds to be achieved.
- User-Friendly Interface: The latest version of the Euclid software offers user-friendly make-ready, new cutting and registration algorithms, efficient use of consumables, all of which contribute to provide improved productivity as well as enabling remote service.
At the show, Highcon will be displaying numerous packages, greeting cards and marketing or promotional items, all of which have been produced by the Highcon Euclid digital cutting and creasing machines. These samples demonstrate the intricate cutouts, marking, creasing and versioning that add increased value to finished products.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free