EFI Announces 2014 World of Fiery Webinar Series
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Press release from the issuing company
Free webinars offer tips and actionable ideas for print managers, operators and color professionals
FREMONT, California – EFI™, a world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, today announced the lineup for its 2014 World of Fiery free, educational webinar series.
Beginning in April and continuing throughout the year, these educational sessions contain valuable information for color professionals and for owners and managers of print businesses and in-plant/CRD operations. The series addresses topics related to color management, variable data printing, print job preparation and digital printing workflow, providing actionable tips for improving productivity, quality and profitability; reducing costs; and gaining new business.
Registration information for the webinar series can be found at webinar.efi.com/WorldofFiery2014.
The webinars are the latest in a series of Fiery educational opportunities from EFI that emphasize the best strategies to make business communications more profitable, relevant and engaging by providing detailed information in four topic areas: Color Management, Variable Data Printing, Print Job Preparation, and Print Job Management and Automation.
EFI customer Derek Brooks, general manager for Cumming, Ga.-based Brandywine Printing, participated in a World of Fiery session in late 2013. “We all think we're doing things the correct way,” Brooks said when describing the benefits of the webinar, “but sometimes a different perspective pays dividends.”
Another World of Fiery participant, Daren Stone, director of training for business advisory firm RelationshipLink, stated, “After attending the webinar, I could see there is so much more I could do to increase the quality of print files and increase sales.”
“With this 2014 World of Fiery webinar series, we are expanding the range of education we offer to address important topics that will improve overall knowledge and effectiveness when it comes to preparing and producing printed products,” said John Henze, vice president, Fiery marketing, EFI. “Not only will our experts share innovative ways to improve work processes, they will also demonstrate how EFI Fiery products’ unique capabilities drive business growth and profitability.”
Scheduled sessions include:
- April 2nd – Three Key Steps to Get the Right Color the First Try. Learn what factors are important in color management and how to optimize settings and calibration to obtain the best and most predictable color output.
- April 16th – The ABCs of Producing the Best Match for Spot Colors. Understand the challenges of spot-color matching and how users can create the best match possible.
- April 30th – Best Practices for Matching Industry Color Standards. Understand the importance of color standards, specifications and methods, with detailed instructions on matching printers to an industry reference or a customer press profile.
Variable Data Printing (VDP)
- June 4th – The Business of VDP: How to Get Started and Grow Profits. Learn how various technologies increase audience engagement and reach beyond the printed page.
- June 16th – Ten Ways that Fiery Tools Make VDP Easy. Discover how a Fiery digital front end reduces the stress of VDP job production, from the simplest projects to the most complex.
Print Job Preparation
- September 11th – Foolproof Preparation of a Digital Print Job. Identify five frequent design challenges for document preparation in common job types such as business cards, booklets, catalogs and more.
- September 25th – Take Document Layout to the Next Level. Learn to troubleshoot content issues, correct and edit jobs without going back to the designer, apply imposition and set up automation for future like jobs.
Print Job Management and Automation
- October 22nd – Automating Job Submission: Five Ways to Increase Your Efficiency. Uncover the power of automating tasks with Fiery Hot Folder, Virtual Printers, presets and more.
- November 12th – Tips and Tricks for Fiery Command WorkStation®. Get the most out of Command WorkStation, saving time, increasing automation and producing better color output.
“We are sure this outstanding educational series will spark new ideas for Fiery users,” Henze stated. “This year’s seminars reflect EFI’s commitment to making users’ print operations as efficient, productive and profitable as possible.”
For more information about EFI Fiery Driven™ digital printing, visit www.efi.comor contact 800-875-7117.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free