Provides students in the Graphics, Print and Document Systems Industry
personalized access to Xplor Professionals
TORONTO – Xplor Canada Association today announced its new student mentor program, The Loupe. The Loupe enables student members to explore and expand their opportunities by accessing the breadth of knowledge and experience provided by Xplor Canada's Mentor community.
A common Graphics industry term, the loupe is a lens built into a small stand. It is used to inspect copy, film, proofs, plates and printing. The Loupe represents Xplor's commitment to foster its growing community of student members and to give back to the evolving graphics communications industry.
"We are very excited to introduce this program to the growing community of students in Graphic Communications Management programs across the country," said Dennis Quon, President, Xplor Canada Association. "This is an opportunity for respected leaders in our industry to share their passion and expertise, and to nurture the next generation of graphics professionals."
How it works:
- Xplor Canada now offers students in a post-secondary institution a membership rate of $50/year (+HST)
- Student members of Xplor Canada will be provided access to The Loupe, via the website's portal
- Students can email industry-relevant questions to Xplor Canada's registered Mentors
- Assigned Mentors will provide a response in a timely manner, typically within 2 business days
In addition to gaining access to Xplor Canada's professional members, The Loupe members will be invited to networking and industry events throughout the year, giving students and Mentors the opportunity for face-to-face interaction. They will also be offered membership discounts for Xplor conferences and international events.
The Loupe mentors will benefit by receiving membership discounts, bragging rights, and their profile and company's logo featured on the Xplor Canada website.
Confirmed Mentors include:
- Dennis Quon, EDP – Gilmore Doculink, and President, Xplor Canada
- Paul Abdool , EDP – Ricoh, and Xplor Canada Treasurer & ABOD Representative
- Michael Sutton – City of Toronto
"I am humbled and honoured to be at the ground level of this program," stated Paul Abdool, EDP, Xplor International Chairman and Canadian Region Board Member. "I have been an active member of Xplor Canada for over 15 years and welcome the opportunity to give back to the community that has supported me and helped me grow as a Document professional."