MGI Premieres JETcard 3D at Cartes 2012
Thursday, November 01, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the digital press and finishing solutions manufacturer, announced that the new JETcard 3D inkjet card factory will be shown for the first time ever at Cartes 2012. The show, which is the world's leading event in the secure technologies industry, will be held in Paris Villepinte on November 6th-8th, 2012. The new JETcard 3D has also been named as a finalist for the prestigious Sesames award in the Manufacturing and Tests category, an award that is given annually by Cartes to a very select few.
Utilizing MGI's award-winning inkjet technology, the JETcard 3D provides card manufacturers with an all-inclusive card production solution. Printing on blank CR-80 format cards (with smart chips, magnetic stripes or RFID), the JETcard 3D is ideal for the turnkey production of one to several million cards, all fully printed, personalized, coated, protected, encoded & verified.
An all-in-one card factory, the JETcard can replace up to five different pieces of equipment traditionally used in the plastic card production chain: litho press, collator, lamination press, die cutter and encoder/personalization printer.
Targeted for both card manufacturers and service bureau printers, the JETcard 3D maximizes productivity for high volume applications while still remaining cost-effective for short runs. The JETcard was awarded the 2010 Siemens Innovation Grand Prix and was also honored as a "Must See 'em" at GRAPH EXPO 2011, in recognition of MGI's R&D achievement.
The new JETcard 3D features an array of new functions for 2012/2013:
- 4 to 8-color printing (with options such as invisible ink)
- Printing variable data including embossing and 3D effects
- Spot PMS colors
- White opaque ink
- Signature panel creation
- Flood varnishing for a laminated effect
- Increased format size capabilities (larger than CR-80), such as coupons, key cards/key fobs and combo cards (CR-80 card plus key fob)
- Predictive cost production calculator
- Integrated RIP
With more than a dozen successful installations since 2010 on five different continents, the JETcard 3D's low cost of production and ability to produce types of cards that are unique on the market makes a strong argument for card manufacturers looking for a streamlined solution with a strong return on investment.
The MGI booth will also host the newest member of the MGI Group, KÖRA-PACKMAT. MGI is proud to present along with its German subsidiary the new high-speed card wrapping machine, the CardSeal 2.
Using state-of-the-art ultrasonic sealing technology, the CardSeal 2 is the successor of the global best seller CardSeal, which has set standards in the card industry since its first introduction in 2000. Simplified controls and intelligent drive technology provide maximum operator-friendliness. The high-speed CardSeal 2 allows customers to pack CR-80 format cards and leaflets of the same format such as prepaid phone cards, internet cards, loyalty cards, SIM cards. Products can be wrapped either as single packs or as linked packs. The four-sided ultrasonic sealing system creates intricate patterns on the seals. These patterns, which can be generic or customized, provide maximum protection against fraud and can be used to add a helpful marketing feature to the package created.
In addition to the JETcard 3D and the CardSeal2, MGI will their present their award-winning multi-substrate digital press and finishing solution combo:
- Meteor DP8700 XL - a digital press able to print on PVC, Polycarbonate, Polyester or Teslin/Synthetics (100-400µ) as well as on Paper, including Bristol or Coated (70-350gsm), the Meteor DP8700 XL can also print up to 36,000 PVC cards per hour, with variable data in 3600 DP/270 LPI resolution
- PressCard Pro – hot platen lamination unit for plastic card creation, accommodates features such as magnetic stripes & smallest footprint in the industry
- PunchCard Pro – CR-80 format die cutter, up to 850µ & max. 6,000 cards per hour
All of these products will be on display at MGI's booth at Cartes 2012 (Hall 3, booth #D073).
For more information, please visit MGI at www.mgiusa.com
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free