Las Vegas– SGIA announced the winners of its highly regarded Product of the Year Award competition this morning at the SGIA Expo. The annual competition recognizes the latest specialty imaging equipment and supplies currently on the market.
SGIA's Product of the Year Awards showcase digital imaging products that keep the specialty imaging industry moving forward," said Jeff Burton, SGIA's Digital Printing Analyst. "Winners have benefited from worldwide recognition and the ability to market their product as a winner of this valued competition.
Congratulations to the 2012 Product of the Year winners in the following categories:
- Digital Inks: Hewlett Packard Company Latex Inks
- Media Vinyl: Dreamscape Silver Flash
- Media Films: Continental Grafix HydroSol 205STLR
- Media Textile: Pacific Coast Fabrics Deko-Green 7058RCFLBS
- Media Rigid: Horizons Imaging Systems Group AlumaJet
- Finishing Display Exhibit Hardware: Visual Magnetics VM-InvisiLock-30HP
- Finishing-Laminates, Ahesives, Films, Coatings: FLEXcon FLEXmark floor art OV6604 (Safari Overlaminate)
- Finishing Equipment: MCT MasterCut Digital Finishing System
- Poster Size - Solvent/Latex Printers <96'': Mutoh America Inc: ValueJet1638
- Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV <$200K MSRP: Oce Arizona Graphics Systems Arizona 480 GT
- Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV >$200K MSRP: Durst Image Technology US LLC Durst Rho P10 250
- Flatbed Rigid White Ink UV <$200K MSRP: Hewlett Packard Company Scitex FB500
- Grand Format R to R Solvent & Latex Inks: Mutoh America Inc ValueJet 2638
- Media Non PVC (Non-woven): FLEXcon COUNTERdeco Advertising System non-vinyl, FDA Indirect Food Compliant
- Media Vinyl (Pressure Sensitive): Continental Grafix panoRama 1520
All of the entries were showcased and evaluated by a team of digital imaging professionals during the 2012 SGIA Expo (Las Vegas, October 18-20) in the Golden Image Gallery. A complete list of Product of the Year winners is available online.