WhatTheyThink at Graph Expo 2012
Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Dr. Joe's Annual Breakfast Talk, Canon Video Theater, Editorial Studio Highlight WhatTheyThink Activities
Lexington, Kentucky USA – WhatTheyThink, the printing and publishing industry's leading media organization, today announced a number of activities planned at Graph Expo 2012 in Chicago. Dr. Joe Webb's annual breakfast business briefing, WhatTheyThink's editorial video studio, and Canon's booth featuring the WhatTheyThink Theater are among the activities the WhatTheyThink team will be participating in during this year's show.
Dr. Joe Annual Business Breakfast - Monday, Oct. 8th 8:00am
Join us at Graph Expo on Monday, October 8th, from 8:00 to 10:00 AM in Room S105D for our annual breakfast and thought-provoking talk by Dr. Joe Webb, Director of WhatTheyThink's Economics and Research Center. In its 10th year, this popular event is sponsored by EFI and will be kicked off by EFI CEO Guy Gecht. Continental breakfast will be available at 8:00 AM; our traditional drawing will be held at 8:45, and the formal event will begin at 9:00 AM. The session will pause at 9:50 for those who have booth duty or need to get to the show floor, and the Q&A session will continue until 10:15 AM.
Printing business owners and managers have realized that their market focus must be more creative and dynamic as they both compete with and embrace digital media. Those two concepts present an interesting paradox that underscores the need for planning and superior execution of those plans.
Dr. Webb offers insights into the key steps required to creating a flexible organization built on a strong, unshakable foundation... delivered in his well-known and contrarian style, followed by the usual lively Q&A. Attendees are sure to leave this event with actionable ideas they can put into play immediately.
- Economic overview and the post-election economy
- It's the printing BUSINESS that matters, not just PRINT
- The paradox of digital media: using it and competing against it
- Essential aspects of a flexible, yet unshakable, print business: its people and investments
Register for this free event here
Canon WhatTheyThink Theater - Entire Show
The WhatTheyThink.com speaker series, designed as a "show within a show," will feature engaging discussions with industry experts, end-users and seasoned professionals moderated by the editors of WhatTheyThink.com and executives from Canon and Océ. Sessions will be livecast for those who cannot be at the show. To register for the livecast, visit WhatTheyThink.com/live.
- Digital Packaging Trends: Sunday, October 7, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM Industry experts, including Canon customer In Room Plus, will provide an overview of new digital technologies that are simplifying packaging output.
- Affordable Sustainability: Sunday, October 7, 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM Canon customers, including Skymall International, will describe how they invest in effective sustainability practices while keeping an eye on the bottom line by implementing environmentally-responsible technologies and processes.
- Flatbed UV Printing: New Applications and Profits for Commercial Printers, Monday, October 8, 10:30-11:15 AM. Overview of new digital technologies that are simplifying packaging output.
- Canon Booth Overview: Monday, October 8, 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM Dennis Amorosano, senior director of solutions marketing for Canon U.S.A., will provide an overview of the solutions being demonstrated at Graph EXPO, while streaming a dynamic virtual tour for those individuals unable to attend in person.
- Supply Chain Optimization: Monday, October 8, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM Steve Dylo of Segerdahl and Chris Petro of GlobalSoft Digital Solutions will the role of printed collateral in the marketing supply chain and how the management and control of this aspect of operations can materially impact go-to-market effectiveness, as well as the optimal use of marketing dollars in creating business value and a competitive advantage.
- Industry Leaders, Monday, October 8, 3:00-3:45 PM
- NAPL recently wrote a white paper, sponsored by Canon, which identifies the trends that industry leaders exhibit, and what they do differently and that makes them more successful than the rest of the market. This session will be presented by Joe Truncale, President & CEO, NAPL.
- Océ's Inkjet Strategy, Monday, October 8, 4:00-4:45 PM
- As an industry leader in robust inkjet platforms, Océ's VP of Marketing, Francis A. McMahon, gives insight into Océ's inkjet strategy moving into 2013 and beyond
- The Ideal Color Supply Chain, October 9th, 10:30-12:00 PM
- This session is presented in partnership with X-Rite Pantone and will be livecast to 17 locations around the world. Today's global world is about managing your customers brand and expectations. Join us as we discuss today's challenges and what the ideal color supply chain would look like. This panel discussion will have a slew of representatives from across the supply chain to include all relevant perspectives on the role color plays in brand management. On the panel will be industry experts, as well as a packaging converter and brand owner representative.
- Changing Face of Publishing, October 9th, 2:00-2:45 PM
- Changes in reading behavior and disruptive technologies are causing the book market to become more volatile and unpredictable. Book publishers are looking for ways to streamline their value chain, and book manufactures must adapt to these evolving demands. Hear what a publisher, a book printer and an author have to say about this dynamic business.
- What to Look for in a Business Partner, October 9th, 3:00-3:45 PM
- Printing companies need a business partner that understands their unique needs and can architect an end-to-end solution. The value must extend beyond the products and services and include professional support and consultancy that enables faster on-ramping of jobs and expansion into new opportunities and markets.
- Media Flexibility and New Revenue Streams: Tuesday, October 9, 4:00 PM – 4:45 PM Molly Rosenthal of Mohawk will discuss how new substrates for continuous feed and sheet fed digital printers are opening up possibilities for new applications and revenue streams.
- Content Anywhere: Wednesday, October 10, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM John Foley, President and CEO of interlinkONE, will discuss how changes in technology are impacting print and how gaining a better understanding of QR Codes, variable data printing, web-to-print, mobile, and video is imperative to future survival.
The above sessions will also be available via streaming video on WhatTheyThink. For a full schedule and streaming video, please visit WhatTheyThink.com/live.
WhatTheyThink Editorial Video Studio - Entire Show
WhatTheyThink will once again be capturing video interviews at Graph Expo . The video interviews will feature stories from printer, print buyers, select industry analysts and subject matter experts.
Our editorial video studio is located in Meeting Room S505b at McCormick Place. These meeting rooms are two levels above the show floor and accessible via multiple escalators.
We're interested in hearing from leaders in printing companies. If you are willing to speak with us and have your thoughts captured and published on the site, please contact Eric Vessels (email@example.com).
WhatTheyThink is the printing and publishing industry's leading media organization; offering a wide range of publications delivering unbiased, real-time market intelligence, industry news, economic and trend analysis, peer-to-peer communication, and special reports on emerging technology and critical events. Independent studies rank WhatTheyThink as the one industry website that contains the most interesting articles, according to 58.2% of senior printing executives, and the one website most frequently chosen as the "Must Visit and Read." WhatTheyThink also hosts webinars and live events as well as providing content through a syndication program, which delivers content directly to related websites. In addition, WhatTheyThink offers a wide range of lead generation and branding programs that help print- and publishing-related businesses achieve business growth.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. In 2012, for the ninth consecutive year, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers Choice Award for Service and Reliability. Committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, Canon U.S.A. provides 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free