HP Stakes New Territories in Traditional Printing and Beyond
Friday, September 09, 2011
Press release from the issuing company
Innovations like scanning of 3-D objects unveiled at Shanghai event
SHANGHAI, China, – HP today held its annual global Imaging and Printing Conference and announced several new innovations, collaborations, apps and solutions for all types of users – from consumers and small to midsize businesses (SMBs), to enterprise organizations and graphic arts customers.
HP also announced that customer adoption of its cloud-enabled, web-connected print technologies has reached the mainstream, with more than 10 million printers sold to date.
"HP's history of innovation runs deep, and we continue to leverage that legacy and build on it for future growth," said Vyomesh Joshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "While printing in the traditional sense will continue to be integral to what we bring to the world, we are disrupting the market with leading innovations beyond the page as well."
Scanning of 3-D objects; tools and services for SMBs
Micro and small businesses need the best tools to market and operate their businesses, especially when faced with potentially rapid growth. HP's innovations help these businesses keep pace with the speed of customers:
- To capture images of 3-D objects and scan documents, the HP TopShot LaserJet Pro M275 is an affordable desktop companion that's ideal for small businesses or home offices. It is equipped with HP TopShot Scanning, a revolutionary technology that captures six separate images of a document or 3-D object and produces one final seamless image of exceptional quality. With this technology, SMBs can quickly produce high-quality images for immediate use in printed materials or on the web.
- The new HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One series and HP Officejet Pro 8100 ePrinter deliver professional-quality color documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page than laser printers,(1) and enable printing from virtually anywhere when using mobile devices with HP ePrint.(2) Enhanced with new inks, which resist highlighter-pen smearing, two-sided borderless printing and cloud solutions that can help businesses grow beyond the page.
- New HP Business Apps, such as Stamps.com web postage services, Biz Card Scanning and Receipt Scanning Apps from Shoeboxed, and new apps from GoogleDocs and Box.net, allow SMBs and micro businesses to focus on business impact.
- From Scheduled Delivery Apps, business managers can receive actionable and specific guidance on becoming better leaders from Manager Tools, creators of an award-winning business podcast, and receive a full Wall Street premarket summary from RTT News, a global leading provider of financial newswires.
HP also is making its proven enterprise-level technologies accessible to SMBs. After its recent acquisition of Printelligent, a leader in managed print services (MPS), HP is rolling out HP Partner Managed Print Services, the first of several channel-enabled MPS offerings that HP plans to launch over the next year. In addition, HP has added several HP Document Solutions – including HP Access Control Express, HP and Nuance eCopy ShareScan and HP and Capella FormPort to its portfolio for the solutions specialist channel to sell.
New HP LaserJet printers, Scanjet printer for businesses of all sizes
HP introduced two HP LaserJet printers and an HP Scanjet printer that facilitate mobility and workflow for businesses.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 M601, M602 and M603 printer series – a secure, easy-to-use web-enabled monochrome printer series engineered to help businesses increase efficiency and improve document workflow.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551 series – an HP ePrint-enabled printer ideal for enterprise and SMB work teams that want professional-quality color and document management tools.
- HP Scanjet Enterprise 8500fn1 Document Capture Workstation – a scanner optimized for workgroups with high-volume scanning needs, featuring an easy-to-use, large color touch screen.
Enterprise services and solutions
To simplify complex office processes and improve how enterprise customers work, HP introduced new and enhanced solutions and services offerings. HP Document Processing Services help clients grow their business, drive process transformation, reduce costs and increase productivity. The suite of document solutions offers customers the option to outsource all or portions of their document management functions, allowing information access from anywhere, anytime and via any channel.
HP Access Control Express with HP Access Control Mobile Release is a bundled solution of simple, effective tools that help slash printing costs and keep data secure, while increasing user confidence and productivity.
Additionally, the HP Solution Business Partner Program showcased announcements from Hyland, Jetmobile and Pharos.
Empowering global marketers
The new HP Smart Marketing Suite is a document workflow solution that addresses the inefficiencies facing enterprise marketing leaders. The solution consists of a suite of software and services that optimize and automate marketing content workflows, from creative brief to activation, resulting in time and cost savings that can be directed to increasing marketing effectiveness. To develop the offering, HP partnered with Omnicom Group Inc., a global leader in advertising and marketing communications.
Mobile solutions for consumers and businesses
HP is making the mobile print experience even quicker and easier, so customers can stay focused on the tasks at hand – whether they are at home, at work or simply on the go. HP's new and enhanced mobile solutions allow people to bring print into their digital lives no matter where they are.
- For SMBs, the industry-first HP ePrint Wireless Direct offering allows users to connect directly to supported HP printers without the need for network or internet connections. Users can simply walk up and connect to a printer from any Wi-Fi-enabled mobile device with a peer-to-peer connection.
- The new HP ePrint Home and Biz app unifies the HP ePrint experience with a mobile app for Apple iOS, Android or Symbian smartphones and tablets, available at no additional cost, making it easy for customers to print documents and photos.
- The HP ePrint Mobile Driver makes it easier to print from notebook PCs to HP-enabled printers. Users simply "File and Print" to any registered ePrint-enabled printer.
- The new HP Printer Control mobile app for Apple iOS devices delivers wireless access and control of a printer through a robust mobile printing experience. Customers can scan photos and documents to Facebook, Google Docs and scan to email from their mobile devices. They also can monitor printer and supplies status.
- In a mobile printing first for enterprises, the cloud-unified HP ePrint app for BlackBerry smartphones allows BlackBerry users to print with one app to three cloud solutions: HP ePrint-enabled service printers, HP Enterprise service printers and HP Public Print service printers.
- Through HP's collaboration with St. Joseph Communications and PrinterOn, mobile printing is now a reality for the more than 32 million annual travelers using Toronto Pearson International Airport, courtesy of new ePrintit Kiosks, the latest addition to HP ePrint Public Print locations.
Creating growth in graphics industry
Furthering the analog-to-digital transformation in graphics printing, the new HP Wall Art Software-as-a-Service offering enables print service providers to diversify their portfolios to include custom wall coverings and artwork.
Austin, Texas based New Era is the largest limited-edition fine art publisher, printmaker and artisan framer in the world serving design professionals. The first company to adopt the solution, New Era's interior design customers can create easy and affordable removable wall art that meets precise sizing and design specifications, expressing their clients' personal style.
Empowering the creative
HP is empowering consumers to do more with their photos than ever before, while also enabling retailers to capitalize on the growing retail publishing market, which generated sales of $33 billion worldwide in 2010 and is projected to grow at four percent annually through 2014.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free