Zevrix releases LinkOptimizer 4.4.2 for InDesign: Fixes Resolution Issue
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Toronto (ON), Canada - Zevrix Solutions today announces the release of LinkOptimizer 4.4.2, an important maintenance update to its popular workflow automation solution for Adobe InDesign. Awarded 4 out of 5 starts by Computer Arts magazine, LinkOptimizer automates complex image manipulation tasks allowing to significantly reduce the size of InDesign job, save processing time and reduce production costs.
"For those wanting to quickly optimize their images and cut down on processing time, LinkOptimizer is a very smart choice," concludes Computer Arts.
LinkOptimizer works automatically with Adobe Photoshop to eliminate the excess image data of InDesign links, perform essential image adjustments and convert various image formats. For example, with just a click of a button users can:
- Scale and crop images to match their dimensions in InDesign
- Change their resolution to 300 ppi
- Convert all RGB images to CMYK
- Resave all JPEG images as TIFF
- Run Photoshop Action on each image
At the end of processing, LinkOptimizer will reimport images to InDesign at 100% in their precise position. The resulting savings of disk space, time and resources can be dramatic:
- Save gigabytes of disk space.
- Accelerate document output (for image-rich projects, the time can be reduced from hours to minutes).
- Save endless hours - and even days - of optimizing images manually.
- Reduce job turnaround drastically and cut costs through faster processing.
The new update addresses an important issue in which previous LinkOptimizer 4.4.x versions could apply the target monochrome image resolution to color and grayscale images. This update is essential to all LinkOptimizer 4.4.x users to prevent improper image processing.