HELIOS UB+ ScriptAssistant adds automated workflows
Monday, January 11, 2010
Press release from the issuing company
Hannover, Germany – HELIOS Software GmbH announced the availability of HELIOS ScriptAssistant, a free utility that simplifies the creation of hot folder scripts for HELIOS Script Server and Tool Server – the automation system for its leading server software suite including HELIOS UB+ versions of EtherShare, PCShare, WebShare, ImageServer, PDF HandShake, and PrintPreview.
Automating processes is now possible for any user, without the need for special scripting knowledge. Individual processes and integrated workflows – including image conversion, PDF preflighting, PDF printing, PostScript printing, proof printing, and PDF-native OPI – can all be automated with Script Server. Even automation and integration of client applications via HELIOS Tool Server can be set up within minutes.
"Workflow and process automation using Script Server is being deployed profitably by leading HELIOS customers, greatly reducing costs and speeding production" noted Helmut Tschemernjak, CEO of HELIOS Software. "With ScriptAssistant it becomes even easier to take advantage of Script Server's power and flexibility."
The main advantages of the HELIOS Script Server ScriptAssistant are:
- Set-up of workflow automation within minutes
- No special scripting knowledge required
- Simply select the desired options
- Created scripts can be enhanced with standard scripting tools
- Ready-made hot folder support for image conversion, PDF printing, PDF-native OPI and remote Tool Server
- Available for Mac and Windows operating systems
- Additional hot folder scripts available for download free of charge
- Free white paper "Integrating and Automating HELIOS Applications" explains features and benefits of various use cases.
The new HELIOS ScriptAssistant application is now available for Mac and Windows free of charge. It can be downloaded at: http://webshare.helios.de using the credentials (User: tools, Password: tools Sharepoint: HELIOS Tools). ScriptAssistant requires the latest version of HELIOS ImageServer UB+ with all updates installed. Additional information about the HELIOS file and print server for Mac, Windows and web clients is available at the HELIOS website www.helios.de.