NAPL's 2010 TMC will be a event for unprecedented times
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
Paramus, NJ - When members of the graphic communication industry gather for NAPL's annual Top Management Conference (TMC) at Marco Island, Florida, February 14, they will participate in an event unlike any in the printing association's history – because never before has the industry faced the unique convergence of challenges now impacting printers of all generations.
According to Cindy Woods, NAPL Senior Vice President, Marketing and a TMC planner, the conference will be extremely informative and powerful in the ways it addresses attendees' concerns. "We talked to members, we listened, and we completely designed this conference specifically to answer the critical needs of our members," she said. "We've gone all out to make this the best, most rewarding conference that NAPL has ever put together."
Past attendees will remember that at TMC in 2007 and again in 2008, Andy Paparozzi, NAPL Senior Vice President and Chief Economist, spoke in vivid detail of the economic occurrences that have created today's business landscape. "Industry executives now want an updated reality check, but one with added dimensions to help them successfully navigate the months and years ahead," said Woods. "They will once again have the opportunity to hear Andy give us his valuable insights and actionable guidance. Nowhere else will attendees learn more about the core concepts that will carry them through 2010 and into 2011 than at this conference. This is a 'must attend' event."
In addition to networking opportunities, highlights of TMC 2010 will include:
· State of the Industry Report and Critical Trends sessions (with real-life issues and up-to-the-minute timeliness) presented by Paparozzi, the industry's most renowned expert on economic directions.
· In-depth looks at the importance and strength of creating a strategic plan, and establishing business development teams within the organization.
· Discussions around the successful transformation of yesterday's printers into today's providers of marketing services – and the role that the hybrid sales/marketing rep will play.
· A Best Practices panel that will be sharing lessons learned and applied by some of the best-managed companies in the industry – complete with revealing Q&A opportunities.
· NAPL Management Plus, Customer Plus and Marketing Plus awards that will showcase some of the most innovative and highly respected companies in the industry, and their approaches to excellence.
· Coverage of hot topics such as growth by acquisition, a strategy for keeping companies intact during harsh times.
· Launch of the NAPL NexGen Leaders Program, a new peer group of up-and-coming executives within the NAPL membership.
The NexGen Leaders Program is a response to the perfect storm of changes taking place in the industry. "There are lots of family-owned businesses in our industry, and companies with future C-level talent that are undergoing extreme transitions in a very condensed period of time. The economy has thrust severe pressure on an older generation that had begun to make plans to retire, but now finds the need to lead the company back to solid ground; and a younger generation that faces taking the helm and learning to manage under the most turbulent business conditions," explained Woods. "The NexGen program will fill a void for those in their 20s and 30s who don't have an established peer group or a way to receive expert mentoring outside of their family or organizational circles. We're thrilled to be kicking off this resource at TMC 2010."
The NAPL Top Management Conference 2010 will take place February 14-17 at the Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa, Marco Island, Florida. NAPL and NAQP members enjoy special discounts for the event, which is open to anyone in the graphic communications industry. Registration information and a complete conference agenda can be found online at www.napl.org. Special Offer: Early Bird Registrants will receive a free copy of the new NAPL four-disk podcast series, "NAPL Leadership Strategies."