InfoPrint Solutions Launches Monochrome MFPs
Friday, April 10, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyBoulder, CO -- InfoPrint Solutions Company, a joint venture between IBM and Ricoh, today announced the launch of the InfoPrint 1930 MFP and InfoPrint 1940 MFP monochrome printers, an important expansion of its broad portfolio of multi-function (MFP) workgroup solutions. These two new entry-level laser models bring to market cost- and time-saving features to meet the business pain points of many small business users. They also emphasize InfoPrint’s drive to include sustainability at the heart of all new technology development with features that save on consumables and energy costs.
Suitable for small- to medium-sized workgroups of about five to 10 users, the InfoPrint 1930 MFP and InfoPrint 1940 MFP can handle robust printing requirements at an attractive price. Both models feature:
- Print speeds of up to 40 pages per minute (ppm)1 letter and 38 ppm1 A4
- Instant warm-up fuser that delivers the first page out in as few as seven seconds
- InfoPrint’s intuitive e-Task interface that requires very little training for ease of use
- A multipurpose feeder to handle a wide variety of media
- A powerful 33.6K fax modem that quickly transmits documents for speedy customer contact
- Optional paper drawers and high-yield cartridges to reduce user intervention
- Duplex scan and copy function that automatically copies two-sided documents
“These new MFP models will serve as an important component in business device optimization solutions, allowing our customers to save money and improve productivity. For example, multiple users can now share printing, copying, faxing and scanning requirements on the same low cost device, resulting in fewer supplies to order, manage and store. And our ongoing drive to reduce our impact on the environment can also reduce the impact on customers’ bottom line by reducing paper and energy costs,” said Paul Preo, Vice President of Distributed Printing Solutions, InfoPrint Solutions Company.
The InfoPrint 1930 MFP and InfoPrint 1940 MFP also feature easy operation and time-saving features to boost productivity, such as:
- Adjustable color touch screen provides one-touch access to functions and features
- Print from and scan to a flash drive with the convenient front USB port
- 50-sheet ADF to handle multi-page documents
- Visual cues such as paper placement indicators to guarantee proper placement of documents
- Robust scan-to capabilities for advanced document management
The new models also showcase new form, color, detail and usability, and a space efficient design that keeps the product size to a minimum while maximizing shipping densities. They also deliver high levels of print quality consistency throughout the printers’ lifecycle.
Sustainability at the heart of all product lines
These new multifunction devices have been designed and manufactured with the environment top of mind. All models will have a unique “Eco-Mode” setting to help reduce energy consumption. A standard duplex printing capability, high yield cartridges and reduced packaging are additional features to help decrease waste and cost. Improvements in scanning technology and the internal airflow handling reduce noise pollution, with a “quiet mode” feature also available to further reduce acoustical noise.
1. Exact speed varies depending on document complexity, system configuration, software application, driver and printer state.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved