Dynagram upgrades inpO2
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyQuebec, Canada -- Dynagram, the industry leader in imposition solutions, announces a major upgrade for its inpO2 imposition software for Adobe Acrobat. Version 3.5 of inpO2 will introduce an all-new structure and new modules for the entire product family, making inpO2 a scalable and cost effective solution for commercial printers of any size.
With this new update, Dynagram focuses on making the product more modular to answer the varied needs of a wide range of customers. inpO2 product line will offer 6 modules:
- Wizard Module: Basic 6-step wizard interface to impose single PDF documents in perfect-bound, saddle stitch, N-Up, Cut and Stack or Step-and-repeat. This module is offered only through OEM deals or directly from Dynagram.
- Layout Editor Module: Customization and fine-tuning options on the inpO2 light-table interface.
- Assembly Planner Module: Different approaches to build imposition assemblies in inpO2. This module includes advanced capabilities for complex assemblies, planning and web press imposition. Combined with our professional suite of features for page, layout and ink control, the Assembly Planner Module provides a powerful feature set for sheet-fed and web press printers.
- Optimization Module: Automated ganging for flat work. Simply import your jobs, enter quantities for each, and define your pressrun. Gang as many jobs as needed on just about any press sheet size.
- Automation Module (NEW! Available Q2): Hot folders-based imposition for automated workflow. Drag and drop PDF files into a pre-defined hot folder to automatically impose your most common layouts.
- JDF Export Module: JDF Export for layout and finishing. Export with cutting parameters for downstream finishing. Define output settings to integrate with your workflow.
"We're extremely excited about this upgrade for inpO2" said Michael Reiher, director of sales and marketing for Dynagram. "With the new modular structure, our customers will be able to select just the right level of functionality they need to meet their production needs providing the most flexibility for imposition software in the market."
New to the inpO2 line-up is the inpO2 Wizard and Automation modules. The Wizard module, which will be distributed through select OEM partners, and sold direct from Dynagram, provides a high-level of functionality for the entry level market. Not limited by size or page count, the Wizard can produce most basic imposition layouts for folded or flatwork jobs in seconds, eliminating manual layout in a page layout application. Also, because it's Wizard based, it's easy to learn and use.
The new Automation module responds to the markets need to reduce costs and mistakes through process automation. Any layout that can be produced with the Wizard can be saved and assigned to Hot Folders for drag and drop production. Although the plate/sheet size and layouts are fixed, page sized, marks, and page counts are dynamic on a job by job basis making the workflows very flexible for common jobs. In addition to the new Module, Dynagram will ship an Enfocus Switch "Configurator" so inpO2 workflows can be easily integrated into a Switch workflow environment.
In addition to the new modules and structure, the inpO2 line will be updated with several new enhancements and features, including enhanced page group positioning in the Wizard, simplified creation of presets and new option for output file delivery. In addition, support for Agfa Apogee Template Manager (ATM) will be added so inpO2 templates can be used in a Apogee workflow.
Dynagram will be hosting free weekly webinars to introduce its customers and partners to the new structure. For more details or to register, visit www.dynagram.com and click on the webinar invitation.
inpO2 3.5 will be available shortly direct from Dynagram, and through our world-wide network of dealers and partners. Existing customers of inpO2 should contact their local Dynagram dealer or Dynagram customer service at email@example.com for upgrade eligibility.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved