Presstek 52DI to be Featured at On Demand Expo
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyHudson, NH -- Presstek, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of digital offset printing solutions, today announced it will be showing a robust range of digital offset printing solutions at the upcoming On Demand Conference and Expo, scheduled for March 30 through April 2, 2009, in Philadelphia. Presstek solutions, featured in Booth #1836, offer print service providers the competitive advantage by improving both productivity and profitability, while delivering the most environmentally friendly digital offset printing solutions available.
"To compete, printers are offering marketing communications services to their customers, which means their production platform must be flexible enough to address to a wide range of applications, quickly and profitably," said Mark Levin, Presstek's President of the Americas Region. "Presstek's Web-to-print, DI digital offset and UV printing solutions all play a key role enabling a shop to meet today's on demand requirements. For instance, Presstek DI presses enable fast turnaround of offset print quality on a wide range of substrates, while providing one of the lowest costs per page in quantities of 500 to 20,000."
Levin continues, "In recent years, it is clear that a hybrid digital/offset manufacturing platform is becoming a critical key to success for most print/marketing service providers. There is a strategic production gap that exists between toner-based devices and conventional offset presses, and Presstek's DI presses help service providers to profitably fill that gap. Presstek is looking forward to demonstrating how our range of fully integrated digital offset solutions can help attendees accomplish their goals for cost-effective, high-performance productivity."
Presstek DI Press Owners to Speak at On Demand Conference
Strategies for Beating the Economic Heat, Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:00 – 11:50 a.m.
Presstek is pleased to announce that two Presstek DI press customers, Herron Printing & Graphics and MacLaser Printing, will be participating on the March 31 conference panel "Strategies for Beating the Economic Heat", hosted by Dr. Joe Webb at the On Demand Conference. Attendees of this session will hear Dr. Joe's recommendations and learn from their peers the corporate strategies that have helped them to maintain a healthy business while ensuring enduring customer satisfaction. To register for the On Demand Conference, visit www.presstek.com/events.
Presstek digital offset solutions that will be featured at the show include:
• Presstek 52DI Digital Offset Press. This environmentally friendly, easy-to-use digital offset press offers both conventional offset and digital printers the most profitable solution for meeting the demand for quick turnaround, high quality color printing in quantities from 250 to 20,000. The maximum sheet size is 20.47 x 14.76 inches, which accommodates a wide range of applications, as well as multi-up productivity. Up to 300 lpi and FM screening quality is produced-without incurring additional time or expense-on a wide range of substrates from onion skin to heavy card stock. For the highest quality personalized printing at the lowest cost, print the shells with the Presstek DI and then overprint using a toner-based or inkjet device.
These presses are also being widely adopted by mailing and fulfillment companies who wish to add offset quality print to their portfolio of offerings, without the complexities of convention four-color offset.
• Presstek 52DI UV Digital Offset Press. This new press dramatically expands the range of applications that can be addressed; making it easier for service providers to differentiate their businesses, whether it is general commercial work, small format packaging, labels or components for an integrated marketing campaign. UV waterless inks dry instantly for immediate work and turn, or finishing operations. Superior quality printing is achieved, on uncoated stock and non-porous substrates, such as foils, plastics and magnetic media.
• Compass 4000 Series CTP Platesetters. These highly automated, open platform 4-up platesetters support up to 250 lpi printing with production speeds ranging from 15 to 38 plates per hour. Compass platesetters image Presstek Aurora Pro chemistry-free and other third-party low energy thermal plates.
• Aurora Pro Chemistry-Free Plates. These true chemistry-free daylight-safe metal plates can be imaged on a range of thermal platesetters, including Presstek's Compass and models distributed by Screen and Kodak (Creo). Aurora Pro plates are rated up to 25,000 and have strong resistance to UV inks and solvents.
• Presstek Vector FL52 with Freedom Pro Plates. This new version of Presstek's easy-to-use small format chemistry-free platemaking solution is engineered to deliver excellent dot quality and high reliability. The Vector FL52 images Presstek's chemistry-free Freedom Pro plates, which are automatically water rinsed in the Vector's integrated plate washer.
• Presstek PathWay Web-to-Print Solution allows print providers 24/7 access to a wider audience, while at the same time, reduces the number of customer touches due to the streamlining of order entry and job management processes. This affordable Web-based, print-on-demand workflow and management solution allows users to create, customize, order, print and deliver in one streamlined, integrated operation. Add-on modules are available for extra functionality, making this powerful solution scalable from small shops to large operations.
• Presstek Latitude, a highly automated PDF/JDF workflow powered by EskoArtwork's Odystar. Its flexible workflow tools allow the automation of more production processes with a wide range of prepress tools that easily accommodate last minute changes. Latitude incorporates advanced screening technologies, a state-of-the-art trapping tool, and integrated imposition options-ensuring high quality, efficiency and productivity.
• Presstek Momentum Pro, a fully-integrated RIP and workflow solution is designed to automate the production process using certified PDF tools. Momentum Pro acts as a centralized PDF creation and preflight system, ensuring consistent output to multiple devices for small to mid-sized printers.
"We look forward to speaking one-on-one with attendees at the show, learning more about their businesses, and sharing our ideas about effective hybrid manufacturing strategies," said Levin. "Even in these challenging economic times there are ways to improve profitability and generate new revenue growth by employing the latest solutions for high quality short run color."
To schedule a demonstration, or for more information about Presstek's digital offset solutions, visit Presstek at Booth #1836 at On Demand, take advantage of the resources located at www.presstek.com/events or call 800-524-0003 x 3599.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved