BBH introduces enhanced gripper arm inserting system at PRINT 09
Friday, September 11, 2009
Press release from the issuing companyWheeling, Ill. – In 1936, Albert Williams, founder of what would become BELL + HOWELL, invented and patented the first gripper arm mail-inserting system. After more than 70 years, BÖWE BELL + HOWELL (BBH) continues to evolve gripper arm systems - one of the best technology choices for direct mailers who need cost-effective, reliable and versatile options for the wide range of today's mailing applications.
BBH will feature advances in gripper arm technology on the newly upgraded BBH Pinnacle VIP inserting system at PRINT 09 in booth #7735. "The Pinnacle VIP provides users and owners with a flexible, dependable inserting solution," said Greg Norton, BBH business development manager. "It handles all mail types, including letters, 6" x 9" and stretch, and is easy to set up, operate and maintain. It can be in production the same day it is installed. We've also found that production volumes of the Pinnacle VIP exceed that of displaced equipment, delivering a positive return on investment very quickly." The Pinnacle VIP is also easily serviced and highly reliable, making it an excellent choice for lettershops.
The Pinnacle VIP system features the unique Smart Set Technology (System Matched Auto Adjust Response Technology for System Efficiency Timing) featured on all Pinnacle systems. Smart Set dynamically changes machine timing based on the inserter speed. During normal operations, machine speed and material characteristics influence inserter performance. At times it is necessary to advance or retard mechanical cams to adjust for the proper handling of material placement. Smart Set performs timing adjustments on the fly while accommodating for changes in inserter machine speed.
New enhancements include the following:
• Pneumatic control – Provides smoother mechanical movement, reducing wear and increased pull force from the gripper arms
• In-line diverter with auto diverting – Allows the machine to purge subject mail while continuing with production
• Personalization – Matching inserts and messages to control document to specific user interests
• Advanced user screens – Easier navigation, reduces set-up and advanced diagnostics tools help reduce troubleshooting times
• Mailpiece and item-level tracking – Confirms mail is collated and processed accurately
• Individual arm drop timing – Controls material of different sizes and weights from other insert stations to maximize cycle speeds
• USB port – Allows for a quick save of machine data for off-line management
• Machine covers – Provides a clean office environment look
Existing Pinnacle systems can be upgraded with all of the new features. Two purchase options are also available through the BBH Product Reconditioning Services center in Bethlehem, Pa. In addition to buying new, customers can also select from ISO 9001:2008 factory-certified reconditioned equipment that is also backed by a new product warranty.
No other inserting technology can manage the application range that the gripper arm does. From Post-It-sized inserts to marketing magnets, multiple input and matching processing, and connectivity to upstream and downstream processes, the gripper arm serves most industry needs. The Pinnacle VIP offers flexible, reliable solutions and a low cost of ownership, all key elements of profitability during tough economic times.
For further information about the Pinnacle VIP and BBH factory-certified reconditioned equipment, call 800-220-3030 or e-mail email@example.com. For more information about BÖWE BELL + HOWELL, visit www.bowebellhowell.com.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved