Virtual Systems Releases New Version of Mail-Shop
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyBellevue, Wash., Oct. 22, 2008 - Virtual Systems announces the release of Mail-Shop Version 8, the latest edition of its suite of software products for printers, mailers and fulfillment companies. Built to help companies realize their full business potential, Mail-Shop streamlines much of the business process related to mailing. Mail-Shop Version 8 offers advanced capabilities in both performance and productivity.
Mail-Shop Version 8 – along with the new 3PF WiFi Inventory application, Virtual Kiosk and other solutions from Virtual Systems – will be on display in Booth No. 1594 at GRAPH EXPO, Oct. 26 through Oct. 29 at McCormick Place South in Chicago.
"Mail-Shop Version 8 incorporates many new features, key enhancements to the Client Management Modules, and new functionality," said Ted Seward, Virtual Systems' vice president of marketing and product development.
Version 8 brings many new features designed to help with core functions of the system, including managing customers, estimates and orders. Version 8 also includes key enhancements requested from Virtual Systems' user base, including:
- The ability to change extended price in estimates and orders, providing greater control of on-the-fly pricing
- The ability to convert existing orders back to an estimate, useful for reoccurring monthly work and maintaining consistency
- Newly added estimate status (e.g., open, pending, approved, lost) and supporting estimate status reports
Mail-Shop Version 8 also includes several key enhancements to the Client Management or CRM modules, including:
- Multiple addresses in customer records for contacts
- New and updated Customer and Prospect reports
- Updated weekly schedule views with more information and drill-down links to orders
- Ability to export customer and/or prospect searches to .csv files for in-house marketing
Along with these changes to the core workflow in Mail-Shop, Virtual Systems has also added other new functionality, including:
- Updated employee management screens with details – enhancing employee management
- New and updated SQL job-costing analysis reports
- Postage upload of Mail.dat files
- Completely redesigned user interface including new screen design and main menu
Current users of Mail-Shop can download the Version 8 update from www.mail-shop.com.
The Virtual Kiosk, a biometric touch-screen appliance and application interface, is distinguished by its unsurpassed ease of use and innovative technology features. The Virtual Kiosk adds greater levels of versatility and security that can dramatically improve the effectiveness of shop-floor data collection and reporting.
3PF Wi-Fi Inventory is a companion module to Virtual Systems' 3PF Manager fulfillment software. The application uses the latest technology to help warehouse employees quickly receive inventory, move inventory between warehouse locations, perform inventory cycle counts, pull inventory to satisfy fulfillment orders, and look up inventory locations for individual products. The application runs on a handheld Windows Mobile Device that includes Wi-Fi Internet connectivity, barcode scanning, a hardened case for industrial use, and a cradle for charging.
For more information about the comprehensive family of Virtual Systems solutions, visit www.virtualsystems.com or call 1-888-581-3100.
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved