Agfa Graphics to Demonstrate New Products and Solutions at drupa
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyMarch 18, 2008 -- Agfa Graphics announced today its line-up of new products and solutions that will be on display at the Agfa stand (Hall 8a – B63) during the international trade fair in Düsseldorf, Germany, 29 May-11 June. The announcement was made at Agfa's pre-drupa press conference in Belgium where more than 85 graphic arts journalists from around the world gathered to hear about Agfa's expanded product line for its four major market segments: commercial printing, packaging printing, newspaper industry, and sign & display market.
Agfa's new, innovative range of products and solutions to be shown at drupa include:
• :Azura TS, Agfa's new ThermoFuse-based chem-free thermal digital plate featuring a substantial increase in throughput, an advanced clean-out system and improved contrast;
• :Azura V, the chemistry-free digital plate for violet platesetters;
• :Avalon N, a new thermal imaging CtP series available in 8-up and VLF formats which accommodate a variety of plate sizes and plate-per-hour capabilities;
• :Apogee Suite, Agfa's new comprehensive workflow solution that integrates all content, project management, prepress and production functions. Agfa also noted the launch of :Apogee Media, an :Apogee Suite module that is a total solution for content integration and management. :Apogee Media will be on display both at Agfa's main stand, as well as at the drupa Innovation Pavilion (Hall 7.0 - Print & Publishing Park);
• :Anapurna XLS, a new addition to Agfa's wide-format family of UV printers that eliminates the need for users to have to compromise between speed and quality;
• SYNAPS, a new high quality synthetic paper;
• CtP Plate Cleaner and ANTURAfount AFS1, two new advanced pressroom supplies.
In addition to these products be shown for the first time, Agfa will also be demonstrating its single pass industrial inkjet solutions the :Dotrix Modular, for flexible packaging and folding carton applications,
"Agfa Graphics stand will display both Agfa's technological leadership in prepress, as well as our continued commitment to sustainability within the graphic communications industry," said Ronald Marien, Director, Global Communications, Agfa Graphics. "We will also display our range of industrial UV inkjet solutions and present our roadmap for the coming years."
"There will also be an exciting twist at our stand (Hall 8A; Stand B63) this year as visitors will get the chance to determine their own price," added Marien. "We cannot divulge any additional information just yet, but this will surely be a unique opportunity for visitors to close the deal of their life."
Wide format Video
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved