Agfa Graphics Product Debuts, Including Workflow and Plates, to Highlight Exhibit at Ifra
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Press release from the issuing companyMortsel, Belgium -- 2 October 2007 -- Agfa Graphics (Stand B620) announced today that it will demonstrate more than a dozen of its latest products and software solutions, including the first-ever public demonstrations of the :Arkitex Core 6.0 workflow system and :N92v plates. The demonstrations will take place at IFRA, the international newspaper and publishing show, taking place 8-10 October in Vienna, Austria. Agfa will also host 'Meet the Experts' discussions with experts on a wide variety of technical issues that are impacting the industry worldwide.
In addition to software demonstrations, Agfa will be running several imaging units live on the stand. Demos will include the new :N92v and violet chemistry-free plates. Among the integrated prepress solutions scheduled to be demonstrated at Agfa's IFRA exhibit are:
- :N92v (worldwide debut), violet laser plates that incorporate violet photopolymer plate technology and offer improved run lengths combined with superior performance on press;
- :Arkitex Core 6.0 (worldwide debut), a workflow system that includes :Arkitex Courier and Director and features enhancements such as integration with industry-leading pre-flight systems to enable automatic PDF page checking, and early notification of technical issues;
- :Advantage DL, a manual-loading platesetter that uses a durable violet-laser diode, produces up to 100 plates per hour, and can be configured for multiple plate sizes (being shown with the :VPP processor and violet chemistry-free plates);
- :Arkitex AdCenter and AdControl, web-based solutions that improve and streamline the newspaper display ad process from front end to back;
- :Arkitex Afirma, a health monitoring and reporting solution for newspapers that controls the plate production process and accelerates the understanding of problems when they occur;
- :Arkitex IntelliTune X, a powerful image enhancement software system that helps newspapers improve photo reproduction quality quickly and easily (also includes :IntelliTune for Mac);
- :Arkitex OptiInk, a system that improves image quality while reducing ink consumption, improving performance on press and increasing productivity;
- :Arkitrex PowerWedge, a digital wedge developed and patented by Agfa, that is placed on every plate to check quality;
- :Arkitex Sublima, an advanced cross-modulated screening technology that improves print quality by capturing the finest details and creating the most vibrant colours;
- :Polaris XTV-S, a violet imaging CtP system designed to meet all automation and speed requirements of newspaper production (shown with the :VXP processor and the new :N92v plates).
"The IFRA show has always been an effective venue for us since newspaper and publishing professionals from all over the world come to learn about the advances being made in the industry--and Agfa is at the forefront of many of those advancements," said Agfa Graphics' Andy Grant, worldwide newspaper segment manager. "This year in particular promises to be an exciting show for Agfa and visiting professionals because we're planning on having many live production demonstrations with products such as the new :Arkitex 6.0 system and :N92v plates. Also, our 'Meet the Experts' event is expected to be one of the highlights of the show because of the reputation of the Agfa technical personnel who will be there to share their views and knowledge."
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved