InfoPrint Extends Its Cutsheet Solutions
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyBoston, MA, Booth #647 March 4 2008 – InfoPrint Solutions Company, a joint venture between IBM and Ricoh, expands its broad portfolio of output devices, ranging from industrial and workgroup printers to high speed continuous form printers, with the addition of the InfoPrint EMP156 monochrome printer. The InfoPrint EMP156 extends the current InfoPrint cutsheet family at the high end, brings increased productivity, and targets an affordable cost per page for in-house print operations. The addition of the InfoPrint EMP156 provides another key component that will further expand InfoPrint's ability to provide its customers with a wide range of solutions to its output needs.
The InfoPrint EMP156 will join an award-winning portfolio comprised of the InfoPrint 2190, InfoPrint 2210 and InfoPrint 2235 high-speed printers. These solutions print 90, 110 and 135 pages per minute (ppm) respectively. The InfoPrint EMP156 boasts increased speeds of up to 156 ppm. With advanced paper handling technology, excellent print quality and a monthly duty cycle of up to 4.5 million impressions, the InfoPrint EMP156 helps customers keep up with demands of a high volume production environment.
Highlights of the InfoPrint EMP156 are:
- Outstanding monochrome print speeds of up to 156 ppm allow customers to get more done in less time.
- Flexible auto-switching datastream capabilities including PostScript, PDF, TIFF, PCL and native AFP IPDS to offer a selection of transactional documents to be printed simultaneously.
- High capacity, vacuum feed, fully adjustable paper trays with total input capacity of up to 15,500 sheets and up to five output locations providing a total output capacity of up to 8,500 sheets. Ideal for corporate production print environments.
- Wide-range of support for variable paper sizes and weights. Print on heavy, coated or glossy stock in sizes ranging from 8" x 7" to 14" x 18" and weights from 16 lb. bond – 110 lb. index which allows for direct mailers to add creativity to their documents.
- Sustainability features include power-saving sleep mode, duplex modes, and ENERGY STAR compliance. For more on the InfoPrint Sustainability Initiative, go to www.infoprint.com
- 24x7 maintenance support provided by a dedicated service staff
- Native InfoPrint Solutions Company AFP architecture support
- Shipments are planned to begin in 2nd quarter of 2008.
"Cutsheet products are a vital part of the extensive InfoPrint Solutions Company portfolio. They enable us to serve customers in high demand, enterprise environments that are looking for a solution that can handle large print jobs at high speeds and offer application flexibility," said Rick Carver, Product Manager, Light Production Cutsheet, at InfoPrint Solutions Company. "In response to this, we are excited to add the InfoPrint EMP156 to our growing light production cutsheet solutions portfolio."
Increased productivity, flexibility, and reliability for high volume cut sheet printing
For production environments that require professionally produced mission critical documents the InfoPrint EMP156 offers increased print speed of up to 156 ppm, high throughput, and 600 DPI print quality. Customers have the ability to add various combinations of high capacity input feeders, output stackers and a booklet maker giving them flexibility to configure a printer that meets their specific needs. The InfoPrint EMP156 enables operators to load and unload paper while printing for increased productivity. This printer extends the current cutsheet product family while offering the same high level of quality, reliability and workmanship found in the current line of InfoPrint cutsheet portfolio.
Copyright © 2017 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved