Successful PrintCity Connection of Competence Printing Seminar
Monday, July 02, 2007
Press release from the issuing company
July 2, 2007 -- Augsburg, Germany – PrintCity organised a highly successful ‘Trends, Innovations and Value Added Printing’ seminar in Plovdiv, Bulgaria on Wednesday June 6th as part of its widening programme of ‘Connection of Competence’ seminars in 2007.
With around 70 participants, the seminar programme was well received with very positive visitor comments. Several Bulgarian newspapers including Monitor, Cash and Trud reported on this important PrintCity seminar. Published Bulgarian press comments included:
- “The most important event of the business-programme of the PrintCom Fair in Plovdiv was the PrintCity seminar.” (Source: Monitor, 06.06.2007)
- Mr. Petar Kanev, chairman of the Printing Industry Union of Bulgaria proudly pointed out that, “The international alliance PrintCity which combines expertise of the whole graphics industry, coming from leading companies active in more than 180 countries, has chosen the fair in Plovdiv to present in a connection of competence seminar ‘Trends, Innovations and Value Added Printing'.” (Source: Cash, 08.06.2007)
This premier PrintCity seminar took place in the Press Club Hall during the PRINTCOM exhibition in Plovdiv, Bulgaria’s largest and most important graphic arts event. This PrintCity seminar formed part of the Balkan Forum of the Printing Industry Union of Bulgaria and included market, economic and technical topics covering publishing, printing and packaging.
PrintCity alliance members presented latest thinking in the industry, including:
- Trends & Innovations in Printing & Publishing
- Value Added Printing & Packaging
- World Paper Market and Value Added Papers
PrintCity alliance members MAN Roland and UPM reported their experiences from the world market and offer 'best practice' knowledge, advice and solutions to Bulgarian commercial printing and publishing executives.
PrintCity seminars of this type allow a close interaction between suppliers and customers, to create new business opportunities. Most importantly these seminars show the influence of all materials and equipment used in the supply & production chain, for sheetfed and web offset printing.
Josef Aumiller of MAN Roland and PrintCity Vice-President comments, “In April, May and June PrintCity delivered a series of conference and seminar days in Budapest, Hungary, St Petersburg, Russia and Plovdiv, Bulgaria, showing how alliance members work together to deliver ‘Connection of Competence’ studies and projects. We like to bring these topics direct to publisher, printer and packaging groups in each geographic market, tailoring our presentations to each regional market.
“PrintCity seminars of this type bring the combined knowledge of all our members direct to the expanding and active Balkan market. They are a powerful medium for networking and sharing of information”, concludes Mr Aumiller.
Hans-Joachim Kölln of UPM & PrintCity summarises, “The Balkan region is a very interesting upcoming market for our member companies, so PrintCity is treating it as one of its areas of regional strategic focus. The Balkan Forum gave us a unique opportunity to create new valuable contacts to important players, and we plan to continue this in the coming years.”