Alpharetta, Ga. – Neenah Packaging once again meets market demands and addresses market trends with the introduction of new hemp fiber papers, a new color, and new finishes into its recently expanded line of Neenah Folding Board papers.
“Neenah continues to invest in the packaging market, striving to build a portfolio of premium folding carton papers that will meet all the needs of our customers. Neenah offers a range of stocked options, custom capabilities, and PCW content ranging from 30% to 100%, all of which are FSC Certified. These premium packaging papers are engineered to provide best in class printing results while allowing our customers to design as sustainably as possible while not forgoing luxury,” said Michelle Turner, Brand Manager, Neenah.
New Hemp Board
According to a 2019 Industry Research study, the global CBD (Cannabidiol) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of roughly 32% over the next five years. “We’re addressing this market head-on by supporting the designers of Cannabis and CBD brands with hemp-infused packaging papers that align with the visions and values of these products,” said Turner.
These new Hemp Board papers are available in a Vellum finish, in three of Neenah Folding Board’s most popular shades:
· New PC White Hemp: The hemp fibers are highly visible in this bright white, 80% PCW sheet, for brands that want to clearly identify the use of hemp papers in their package design.
· New Desert Storm Hemp: A more earthy and subtle showing of fibers add visual texture to this popular 30% PCW shade.
· New Deep Black Hemp: This rich, dyed-through, 30% PCW board is perfect for brands that want to use hemp papers without seeing the fibers.
“We heard feedback from the market that there was room for a more economical shade of black in the line. This new shade addresses that want, while directly complementing the Concrete and Wrought Iron colors in the line,” said Turner.
· New Industrial Black: This new color is an ever-so-lighter, everyday, hardworking, high quality, beater dyed black board, for when the extra dark richness of Deep Black isn’t what designers are looking for.
Although coated, these papers do not have a shine but instead provide a matte look. These new finishes are designed to coordinate with papers from Neenah’s premium uncoated writing, text, and cover portfolio.
· New Soft Touch Single: Coated on one side, this velvety surface adds touchable texture.
· New Pearlized Single: Coated on one side, this board adds instant shimmer and shine to any package.
· New Matte Single: Coated on one side, this sheet offers a subtle matte finish.
· New Matte Double: The subtle matte finish coats both sides of this paper.
New Neenah Folding Board Swatchbook
These new items, along with Neenah’s complete portfolio of Folding Board papers can be found in the new Neenah Folding Board swatchbook.
“The swatchbook is designed to be a reference book for the stocked shades, textures and weights Neenah offers. However, this book is just a jumping-off point to help designers think about the possibilities. Neenah’s custom capabilities can help customers create unique, one-of-a-kind packaging papers. Neenah offers solutions to help our customers take their ideas, and the visions of their customers, wherever they may lead,” said Turner.
For a copy of the NEW Neenah Folding Board swatchbook, contact your local sales representative or merchant. To order samples visit www.neenahpackaging.com.