April 26, 2004 -- Terry A. Nagi & Associates directs its attention to one of the most important issues in print sales today: guaranteeing the successful transition of the print sales representative from offset to digital printing. The experience of printers already making this transition has ranged from highly successful to absolute disaster. What all these printers have discovered is the sale of digital printing requires a different sales approach for many of the sales representatives now selling traditional printing, from bidding on jobs to providing unique solutions to the clients’ print needs; plus patience, a revised sales compensation system, extended sales time cycle, as well as selling to non-traditional contacts (not the print buyer).
The objective of this workbook is to highlight these differences, and pinpoint specific sales techniques and strategies utilized by successful digital printers. By completing the steps in this workbook, the traditional printer is guided in the transformation to a digital print environment.
This book concentrates on key issues, strategies and tactics to be implemented by traditional commercial sheetfed and web fed offset printers as they move into the digital print environment. It is an essential tool for effectively selling digital print and includes information on:
- Today and tomorrow: where are we going?
- The major differences in selling digital print versus traditional print.
- Where to find the best prospects.
- A successful prospecting system in today’s world of voice mail.
- The ideal digital print “Solutions” sales call.
- The successful digital print sales process.
- Great questions to ask to probe for digital print needs.
- Prime vertical markets and digital print products to pursue.
- Examples of effective marketing/promotional programs to reinforce sakes messages.
- Ideas on selling ROI (Return on Investment) and ROPE (Return on Print Expenditures).
- Case studies which well illustrate the successful use of digital printing
For more information on the newly released book on “The Digital Print Sales System”. Contact Terry A. Nagi & Associates, POP Box 32370, Washington, DC 20007; phone 202-342-1727; e-mail [email protected]