Quark Publishing Platform Automates the Creation of Rich Content for Delivery across Print and Digital Channels
Quark announced today its new enterprise publishing platform for customer communications. Quark Publishing PlatformTM is the only integrated solution that automates the creation and delivery of rich, interactive content across print, Web, and digital formats. As an open solution, Quark Publishing Platform is architected to work with existing enterprise infrastructures and business systems to optimize the publishing process.
Smart Customer Communication
Creating compelling communications that reach consumers quickly and in their preferred medium is a challenge faced by financial services organizations, manufacturers, governmental organizations, traditional media, and marketers. Quark Publishing Platform enables organizations to create smart content – structured and self-describing – that can be maintained and assembled as needed based on audience or output type. With this approach, enterprises can create and deliver communications that are:
- Engaging: Richly-designed, interactive, and device-appropriate
- Immediate: Timely and up-to-date
- Relevant: Personalized and available across print, Web, and digital channels
Ray Schiavone, President and CEO of Quark, said, "It's well known that today's consumers expect rich, personalized, and timely information to reach them on the devices they prefer. What's less well known is that very few organizations have the systems in place to meet this demand efficiently. Quark Publishing Platform is the first complete solution with the potential to transform the customer communication process."
With Quark Publishing Platform enterprise content creators, IT departments, and business managers can build systems to produce, manage, and deliver content related to:
- Research reporting for capital markets
- Regulatory compliance
- Technical product marketing
- Case management
- Other content-centric business solutions
Quark Publishing Platform Highlights
Quark Publishing Platform is a broad-reaching customer communication solution that streamlines and automates the publishing process. The modules of the platform work together to enable the creation and automatic assembly of content for different audiences, publications, and media types. Whether implemented as an end-to-end publishing workflow or integrated independently with existing infrastructure, the modules of Quark Publishing Platform allow users to:
- Automatically assemble and deliver content to print, PDF, HTML5, Web, XML, tablet and mobile apps, and other digital formats
- Reduce cycle-time by previewing content and interactive media in real-time while authoring in Microsoft Word
- Design for automation using familiar layout and authoring tools
- Easily integrate with syndication services and content management systems such as IBM FileNet Content Manager, Microsoft SharePoint, EMC Documentum, and others
- Reuse and repurpose XML and structured content from third party systems
The Modules of Quark Publishing Platform
Depending on existing infrastructure and the nature of the content being created, enterprises are able to customize the publishing workflow most appropriate for their business. Quark Publishing Platform modules include:
- Quark Publishing Platform Server: A platform-independent, enterprise-class Java server application that manages manual and automated publishing processes and components including projects, versions, styles, privileges, routing, and multimedia assets such as audio and video, as well as advanced XML content components.
- Quark Publishing Platform Renderer: A high-performance publishing server, Quark Publishing Platform Renderer offers the cost-reduction benefits of automation combined with the marketing benefits of professional design. The platform publishing service can also connect to additional rendering solutions such as Open Toolkit and Antenna House.
- Quark XML AuthorTM: An add-in to Microsoft Word, Quark XML Author allows writers to develop structured XML in the familiar Word environment without requiring knowledge of XML. It supports native XML metadata, including standard and industry-specific tagging options that users are able to apply directly while authoring within Word.
- Quark Publishing Platform Web Client: Features an intuitive interface that supports tracking changes, adding notes, receiving assignments, and searching for content from any Web browser. Without installing additional software, external knowledge workers can create documents from templates while they contribute and collaborate on projects.
- Quark Publishing Platform Client: A desktop client that enables collaboration, version control, and access to metadata by extending Quark Publishing Platform to every user regardless of their location, operating system, or application preferences.
- QuarkXPress Enterprise Edition: Design software that facilitates the creation and publishing of richly designed materials for print, Web, eBooks, smartphones, and tablets such as the iPad and the Kindle. This easy-to-use tool works with Quark Publishing Platform so users can search, assign, and track page elements, projects, and publications while streamlining the publishing workflow.
For more information about Quark Enterprise Solutions and Quark Publishing Platform, please visit: www.quark.com/enterprise.