StaffingTools.com Unveils Mac OS X Training Course
Press release from the issuing company
Bloomington, IN -- October 27, 2003 -- StaffingTools.com, the leading provider of personalized, affordable and comprehensive online testing and training for graphic arts, today unveils its new online training course, Introduction to Mac OS X. The 24/7 accessible course, which is automatically customized to continually correlate with individual progress, is available through www.StaffingTools.com at an introductory cost of $99.95 until November 30th.
“Mac OS X adoption within the industry is growing rapidly, but some of our clients have told us their employees are having a difficult time making the switch. This course will dramatically impact the speed of OS X integration by familiarizing users with the new features and options in OS X,” says Julie Jankowski, Director of Business Development, StaffingTools, Inc.
Mac OS X Course Details
This course is designed to help students master the basics of working in Mac OS X including navigating in OS X, new features, new locations of familiar items, using the Dock, and common system preferences.
Students will learn about:
· Navigational functions of OS X, (i.e. the Finder menu, Finder items and new features)
· The Desktop and General Preferences
· The new Dock (Functions, how to customize and use efficiently) · New locations of items such as fonts, network drives, printers and applications
· The System Preference application and the most commonly used Preference Panels
· ColorSync use and profile locations
· Display resolutions, colors, calibration and multiple display arrangement
· Network locations and options
· Available options for working in Classic mode
24/7 Unlimited Access, 365 Days
Training modules are offered online and are available from any computer with an internet connection. With a unique ID and password, students can access their account for training and review, 24/7 for an entire year. To maximize their training experience, students perform a series of steps that quantify initial product knowledge and improvement derived from training.
· Step 1: Students take a pre-test with multiple-choice and practical questions that require them to perform actual job tasks in the simulated application.
· Step 2: Based on test results, the StaffingTools Learning Management System (LMS) creates a custom curriculum for each user, providing training only in areas unfamiliar to the user.
· Step 3: Students take a post-test. Those who achieve 70% or higher on the post-test receive a printable certificate of completion. Those who do not receive a certificate can retrain and retest until proficiency is reached.
Limited Time Discount & Full Prepress Training Solutions Library Access Full year access to the Mac OS X course is only $99.95 per user through November 30, 2003. Regular price for the course is $149.95.
The new course will also be available through StaffingTools‚ ever expanding prepress and graphics library. Annual 24/7 access to the prepress and graphics library is available at $300 per user, with
volume discount rates available.
For more information or to take the Introduction to Mac OS X course visit: http://www.StaffingTools.com
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.