Yes, Schjærven is making more sales for its customers, and is good at it.
Since Stein Schjærven advertising agency was established in 1962, the goal has been to offer customers effective advertising and concrete sales results.
The message and promise to customers have been the same, the same as their slogan is now: Sales can be bought. In implicit terms: if one wants sales - and further sales – one can buy it at Schjærven.
The strategy was and is that time and energy must not be used on creative price-competitiveness, because the hunt for prices and aesthetic solutions can divert the attention from promotional activities.
Sales require that one markets oneself. A business, and not least its products, must be very visible in the market to achieve success – and maintain it. Advertising is just a part of marketing, and advertising can be many things. At Schjærven, the attention is pointed at direct advertising which can obtain good results for the customer, but that doesn't mean that long-sighted marketing is forgotten.
It is a part of sales. The spread and the use of products and services, plus the talk that emerges about the products' superiority, is where the best profiling can be found. Therefore there is no conflict between profiling and sales.
Schjærven is focused on getting different forms of communication to work together and create the greatest possible effect. Hence they master media such as film, interactive, PR and adverts to solve many tasks from customers with direct advertising in the form of advertising brochures and leaflets for the larger chains, of whom a portion have issues made every week.
With customers such as El-Giganten, Comfort, Living, Toyota and XXL Stadion, Schjærven has lots of picture files and other data to keep track of.
Numerous printings each week
- We release 10-15 printed products every week, states production manager Ole-Petter Bernhus. – They each consist of many elements and the page amount can vary each week with each brochure. We are not conducting statistics on it, but it's quite a lot of pages that get issued each week.
– It means that there is great pressure on our graphics department, where the pages are being produced and that we need to make things in a hurry. We have a media-bank with pictures of products, descriptions, prices and all appurtenant and it must be converted to complete documents in Adobe InDesign software.
– In other words, we would normally have to go through a lot of tasks, before we modernised our production with Cacidi LiveMerge and Cacidi Extreme.
– We have not only achieved rationalisation, but also an improvement in quality because it has freed more time for design, more time to care for graphic detail and also more time to check the quality. In this way, we have also been getting better products.
Saving a lot of time
– After we had run a large pilot project, researching the market and had visited Cacidi in Copenhagen in February, we saw that the system was next to tailor-made to our needs. It's a big decision that requires going through a lot of consideration.
– Naturally, we had a start-phase when implementing Cacidi to our database, as you don't reorganise your production so drastically during the course of a day or a week.
– Since we started using the system, it has gone tremendously well and we really save a lot of time.
– The main advantage with Cacidi products is that we can attach them directly to our database, as they are issued by Cacidi. In this way, we have technically and graphically achieved a complete automated production solution rapidly.
– The graphic designers responsible for building up layout and placing text with product plus pictures in the publications now have direct contact with the content which will be entered into the publication and they can easily insert and update it automatically.
– Likewise our project managers can change and update content in the actual data-source, so changes are immediately reflected at the graphic designers' workstations, states production manager Ole-Petter Bernhus.