Webb/Mason to release Online Print Management Tech Upgrades
Press release from the issuing company
BALTIMORE – Jan. 30, 2007 – In April 2007, Webb/Mason, a leading national print and brand management company, will release its 16th major Enterprise Print Management (EPM) Online upgrade. EPM Online delivers the ability to manage all of an organizations’ printing and brand management needs online, changing the way organizations order print. The latest enhancements include: a renovated user interface making full use of emerging web technologies such as AJAX; customized site design options; new online collaborative proofing system that is fully integrated with Webb/Mason’s digital asset library; online file gallery with integrated file transfer capabilities; enhanced user control and new marketing collateral customization tools.
“The goal of our EPM Online system is to streamline the ordering process, allow organizations to manage the use of their brands and reduce costs,” said Brian Fritsche, Webb/Mason chief information officer. “This is precisely why Webb/Mason continues to release major EPM Online upgrades every 90-120 days. About 80 percent of the enhancements we release are suggestions from our 200,000 EPM Online users. We pride ourselves on listening to our customers’ needs and wants, and providing timely and routine delivery.
“Webb/Mason’s EPM Online upgrades also focus on providing our customers with the latest and most effective Web technologies,” said Fritsche. “One example of a new Web technology that we incorporated into this EPM Online release is AJAX. AJAX eliminates the need for the EPM Online Web pages to reload every time the user enters information, which increases EPM Online’s interactivity, speed and usability.”
New EPM Online Features
· Renovated user-interface: new interface will make full use of emerging web technologies, including AJAX. The new interface increases EPM Online’s interactivity, speed and usability.
· Advanced design flexibility: permits users to tailor their EPM Online Web site to more closely reflect their Web site or Intranet design.
· New Kodak collaborative proofing tool: enables users to upload, view, comment, edit and finalize proofs real-time online. Once the proof is approved, it can be archived into Webb/Mason’s digital asset library for future use.
· New file gallery: users can upload files, including PDFs, logos and photos. The updated gallery features thumbnails of all users’ uploaded files for easier and faster location.
· New integrated file transfer system: users can upload print-ready files direct to Webb/Mason EPM Online reducing turn-around time.
· Greater user control: designated EPM Online users can revise order details, including quantity, shipping and billing information, as well as personalized marketing collateral fields.
· Streamlined marketing collateral customization: logically grouped fields help users enter personalized information for marketing collateral saving them time and reducing errors.
“The upgrades directly benefit the EPM Online user, said Fritsche. “For the latest release, we focused on expanding customers’ control, flexibility and customization … while also saving them time and money, and increasing order and personalization accuracy.”
EPM Online is Webb/Mason’s alternative to traditional printing purchasing methods. Working hand-in-hand with Webb/Mason’s outsourcing partnerships, EPM Online enables corporate clients to significantly reduce expenditures for all printed materials, while improving operational efficiency.
EPM Online brings everything – from creation, inventory management and distribution to cost analysis – direct to an employee computer. The program can also be accessed through such e-procurement portals such as SAP and Oracle, company intranets or directly online. Webb/Mason’s nine-person technology team has maintained a rigorous 90-120 day schedule since EPM Online was launched in 1998.
Founded in 1989, Webb/Mason is one of the fastest-growing print and brand management service companies in the country, growing at an average annual rate of more than 14.2 percent since 2000. Webb/Mason delivers commercial printing, promotional products and a complete print management system through its unique enterprise-wide management program. Webb/Mason has 17 sales offices throughout the United States and is headquartered in Baltimore, Md. www.webbmason.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.