2007 Dscoop Annual Conference to Feature More Than 45 Industry Partners
Press release from the issuing company
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS — The Digital Solutions Cooperative (Dscoop) is set to host their second annual conference for the HP Indigo community taking place next month, February 1-3, 2007, at the Saddlebrook Resort in Tampa, Florida.
Dscoop is a dynamic, user-driven community of HP Indigo press owners and their sales, marketing and production teams. The organization, which is a cooperative between Indigo users, HP and industry providers, started just over a year ago and has evolved into a leading printing solutions provider cooperative, working to bring creative ideas to the market and help Dscoop members increase profitability.
The inaugural 2006 conference hosted more than 300 Indigo users and more than 30 partners. Dscoop is hosting its conference again in 2007 to bring the user community back together with HP executives, representatives and partners to facilitate knowledge sharing and networking among the entire community for a second time.
“We expect this year’s event to surpass 2006 in terms of attendance from both customers and partners as well as the quality of education we’ll be providing to the Indigo community,” said Jack Glacken, chairman of Dscoop and president of Today’s Graphics, Inc.
Dscoop expects to host more than 500 attendees and more than 45 partners in Tampa this year. The Dscoop educational program, led by several industry experts, features more than 50 education sessions for the Indigo community covering technical, sales, business and label and packaging focused content. With a strong direct mail theme, much of the program focuses on how Dscoop members can educate their clients about the impact that direct mail can have on their marketing campaigns. The event, being held prior to Super Bowl weekend, will also feature a keynote presentation by NFL Hall of Fame Coach, Marv Levy.
Carrie Hoesli, Dscoop member and Sales Representative with Ward Kraft, Inc., shared her excitement for the upcoming Dscoop Annual Conference saying, “I’m very excited to be able to return to the Dscoop conference this year. The 2006 conference was one of the best educational conferences I’ve ever attended. As a company, Ward Kraft gained new material vendors, learned about support equipment for our HP Indigo press and were introduced to an amazing network of digital press support. As a sales representative, I was able to hear some of the challenges that other sales reps have come across and learn the solutions they implemented to grow their digital sales. I recommend this conference to anyone that is interested in growing their digital sales. This year we are sending even more team members, including our press operator. We feel that the benefit of the time spent at Dscoop will far outweigh the time spent away from the press and office.”
With such a strong representation from industry partners in this year’s Solutions Showcase, Indigo users will be able to preview many new products and releases for the first time, including:
· CREO (www.printondemandsolutions.com) – New version of the CREO Color Server for HP Indigo presses
· The new version of CREO’s Production Stream Server is optimized for HP Indigo presses 1000, 3000 and 5000 and includes extreme color management tools and new VDP workflow for large amounts of records.
· Duplo (www.duplousa.com) – New DC-645 Slitter/Cutter/Creaser
· Duplo will be featuring their new slitter/cutter/creaser, which is the ideal finishing solution for digitally printed documents. The DC-645 allows you to precisely slit, cut and crease documents in a single pass with its ability to read printed images and automatically adjust and compensate.
· Fiberweb™ (www.fiberweb.com) – New Resolution® Print Media
· This new print media is ideal for graphic artists, printers, paper and packaging distributors and archivists with its continuous polyester filaments that are permanently bonded by heat and pressure. This patented media withstands water and humidity; resists streaking and smearing; and has high strength and stability.
· GPA (www.gpadigital.com) – New Ultra Digital Products
· These new Ultra Digital products are certified for HP Indigo Digital presses and include RIT Certified Film Substrates (Synthetics), Ultra Digital Pearl Specialty Papers and Ultra Digital Plus Premium Text and Cover Papers.
· MindFireIncSM (www.mindfireinc.com) – New version 2.13 of LookWho’sClickingSM
· Version 2.13 of LookWho’sClickingSM will include a new bar-graphing feature in the Campaign Dashboard to produce high-impact graphical representations of campaign results.
· Tekra (www.tekra.com) – New static cling vinyls with Dura-Go coating
· The new 8 mil white and clear static cling vinyls come on 8 point board coated for the HP Indigo presses and the Dura-Go coating allows superior ink receptiveness and adhesion.
Customers can see these innovative products and more at the 2007 Dscoop Conference. Further details on the 2007 event, including the conference agenda, speakers, partners and registration, are available at www.dscoop.org.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.