Heidelberg To Show Companies How To Package Success At Print '05
Press release from the issuing company
CHICAGO, September 8, 2005 – Heidelberg will demonstrate the breadth of its packaging solutions at PRINT '05 with a wide range of prepress, press, postpress and consumables solutions to equip companies for success. Designed with the latest technologies to save time and money in packaging, these innovative solutions will be on display in the Packaging Solutions area of Heidelberg's Booth #1200.
“Heidelberg understands the important role that packaging plays in helping companies protect their products and sell their brands to the marketplace,” said Ralph Pasquariello, director of postpress product management, Heidelberg USA. “Our packaging solutions are designed with the latest industry advancements to help companies achieve the highest quality results - quickly, efficiently and in the best format to meet their customers' evolving needs.”
From simple folding boxes to premium-quality finished cartons for luxury goods, Heidelberg offers solutions that meet all types of packaging requirements. Customizable equipment ensures that companies have the right solutions for their specific needs and delivers maximum productivity on the shop floor and beyond.
Among the Packaging Solutions that Heidelberg will feature at PRINT '05 are the following:
- Suprasetter 105 – Heidelberg's Suprasetter 105 is the newest generation thermal CtP, providing robust flexibility and upgradeability. Suprasetters offer top versatility when it comes to plate handling, format coverage and punching. The machine is available in three format models, all of which can be upgraded to the fastest level. Automation also is field upgradeable, providing automatic slip sheet removal and supporting up to 600 plates online. The Suprasetter is the only CtP in the world to provide both center register with
punch for sheetfed and edge register for web. Its unique Plate-on-Demand feature allows press operators at the CP 2000 press console to order the Suprasetter to re-image plates when needed. Built-in temperature compensation ensures registration regardless of temperature fluctuation. The Suprasetter is an investment for the future designed to grow with companies' production needs. A Suprasetter S105 MCL (Multi Cassette Loader) will be on display at PRINT '05.
- Speedmaster XL 105-6+LX – The newest member of Heidelberg's Speedmaster family of sheetfed offset presses, the Speedmaster XL 105 is the first press in a new “Maximum Performance Class.” The Speedmaster XL 105 sets new benchmarks for the fastest makereadies, maximum real production speeds and highest printing quality. The press can attain a maximum speed of up to 18,000 sheets per hour with the largest maximum sheet in its class (29.53 x 41.34 in 75 x 105 cm with an imaging area of 740 x 1050 mm / 29.13 x 41.34 in). It is the ideal production tool for label and packaging printers handling large volumes of multiple-up work. Setting the industry standard for productivity, quality and cost-effectiveness, the Speedmaster XL 105 offers additional automation features that are attractive for high-end printers, especially packaging printers. Tailor-made material flow solutions in combination with a 34 ½ inch press elevation and fully automatic non-stop systems further boost its production capacity for that segment. The model shown at PRINT '05 will be equipped with six printing units, a coater and an extended delivery.
- Stahlfolder SSP 82 – The Stahlfolder SSP provides versatile in-line finishing with expandable capabilities to grow a company's business. This scoring, slitting and perforating machine provide scores, trims and perforations at folder speeds. For optimal scoring, the Stahlfolder Channel Score technology reduces and virtually eliminates the problem of cracking in the fold. Offering unmatched flexibility, the Stahlfolder SSP's capabilities easily can be extended by adding standard units such as mailing tables, regular mailing stations and additional mobile scoring, slitting and perforations. The standard SSP unit comes with a continuous feeder with tilt-up feed table for added capacity, the Stahlfolder patented air stream register table, modular control technology and the scoring, slitting and perforating unit, which consists of three pairs of slitter shaft rollers. A Stahlfolder SSP 82 model will be on display at PRINT '05.
- POLAR Automated Cutting for Efficiency System (PACE) – PACE is the industry's first fully automated cutting system from POLAR. By automating the loading, jogging, buffering, cutting, gripping, transporting and unloading processes, PACE produces the highest-quality finished projects in the industry with the least amount of human intervention. PACE increases productivity, lowers costs and reduces waste. As an added advantage, separate elements of PACE's technology can be employed to streamline other production runs and requirements. Printing houses, converters of printed material, paper manufactures and print buyers interested in utilizing every inch of material benefit from the automated cutting function of the machine.
- POLAR PW-4ABV – Designed for printers, bookbinders, surface finishers and paper manufacturers, the POLAR PW-4ABV is a best-in-class pile turner that provides numerous customer benefits. The machine provides a short turnaround time of 36 to 48 seconds and can be used for a wide range of applications such as turning material piles, changing pallets, splitting plates and removing waste sheets. With the POLAR PW-4ABV, users experience a better pass of paper through the printing machine due to better aeration. The pile turner also allows for faster acclimatization of material and faster drying, especially for varnished sheets. Easy to operate due to push buttons and a low working height, the POLAR PW-4-ABV is equipped with features such as automatic recognition of pallet height, four large air jets for optimal air distribution and a powerful frequency-controlled blower.
- ECO 105-2 – The ECO 105-2 is an entry-level folder/gluer solution that is affordable for most printers and packaging houses. Easy to set up and operate, the machine provides numerous benefits such as easy makeready and increased productivity. The machine is designed with expandable equipment, allowing other items such as an automatic packer easily to be added. An ECO 105-2 will be running in the Packaging Solutions center throughout the show.
- Dymatrix 106CSB – Built to deliver first-class die-cutting and embossing, the Dymatrix 106 CSB offers high quality, versatility and greater flexibility to multi-purpose commercial printers. The high-speed die-cutter will be revealed to the North American market at PRINT '05 and will be housed in Heidelberg's Packaging Solutions center. With tighter registration, the Dymatrix can handle a broad range of stocks from light-weight to board varieties. As an added benefit, the machine produces sheets with fewer disturbances due to its constant sheet travel concept.
Also on display at PRINT '05 are Heidelberg's carefully tested and selected consumables offerings. Designed to ensure optimum performance and minimization of waste, Heidelberg consumables include the full support of Heidelberg's technical team. Heidelberg experts will be on site in the Packaging Solutions area of the booth to recommend the most suitable consumables products designed to meet the needs of commercial printers.
For all service needs, printers can turn to Heidelberg's systemservice, which helps ensure maximum performance of equipment by providing continuous customer support – from the pre-sales stage to installation and beyond, covering the entire lifecycle of production systems. Heidelberg systemservice experts will be on hand at PRINT '05 to answer questions and guide booth visitors through the company's various service offerings.
For more information on Heidelberg's Packaging Solutions, stop by the Heidelberg booth at PRINT '05 or visit www.us.heidelberg.com/hd/print05.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.