Lisle, IL – July 8, 2003 – DiMS! organizing print, a leading supplier of Management Information Solutions for the printing and packaging industry, will launch its second generation, Web-enabled Direct Machine Interface (DMI) and latest software release at this year’s Graph Expo and Converting Expo, held on September 28 - October 1, 2003 at McCormick Place South in Chicago, IL. DiMS!’ state-of-the-art DMI module is JDF-ready or can use other XML transactions to interface with both conventional and digital presses, in addition to leading pre-press software. The company will present live demonstrations of the new module on the show floor at Booth #4607.
DiMS! Direct Machine Interface (DMI)
Integrated with the system’s Web-enabled workflow, DiMS! DMI is an industrially robust, proactive module, enabling efficient production via immediate, high quality communication to and from the production floor. Ideally suited to distributed, multi-plant environments, the DiMS! DMI module directly communicates with the DiMS! server, instantaneously providing real-time feedback regarding status and required tasks to all parties connected with a particular job:
• The Customer Account Manager can access up-to-date (and time) order status.
• Planning can survey available capacity in real time, and optimally schedule jobs with a total view of the production floor.
• The Press Operator is supplied with a list of tasks and corresponding timeframes, relating to make readies, plate/cylinder handling instructions, imposition verification, paper handling instructions, ink specifications, press configuration instructions (including delivery requirements such as folding, trimming, etc.), customer proof approval, and color verification. There is also a trouble-shooting feature that enables direct communication of production problems, indicating the nature and location of the issue and proactively signalling the need for aid/maintenance on a particular machine.
• Inventory is managed via accurate feedback on resource usage (including paper consumption, inks and other materials used, and staff hours registered to the job).
• Management can evaluate production performance via Gantt chart and report overviews summarizing net and waste product, plus the speed over time of each job. Through the Production Overview window, a 3-dimensional bird’s-eye view of all workcenters (including resources needed and output produced) can be seen.
Because the DiMS! DMI module features a standardized, XML-based interface to all necessary production equipment, information from the production floor directly flows throughout the entire management system. Utilizing JDF-compliant data will provide maximum flexibility and enable DiMS!’ DMI to interface with conventional and digital presses, in addition to leading pre-press systems.
DiMS! Web-enabled Workflow
DiMS! organizing print will also present its latest software release at Graph Expo. Featuring a dynamic e-business portal, DiMS!’ enhanced workflow will enable printers to improve business efficiencies by connecting them to valuable customers and suppliers via a centralized, Web-enabled system.
Written in flexible, XML structure, the e-business portal provides entry to DiMS!’ integrated database — accessible by every entity along the supply chain: customers, employees and suppliers, facilitating seamless communication over the Internet. Simply by accessing the application through their Web browser, each can obtain revelant job information and execute necessary commands, thus optimizing available capacity within and across the enterprise. Moreover, by setting up role-based or activity-based milestones within DiMS!’ integrated system, automated messages can proactively be sent to individuals via e-mail, or even wireless devices such as cell phones, pagers, Blackberries and PDAs (Portable Digital Assistants).
The internal and external process efficiencies realized with DiMS!’ e-business portal result from the automation of communication and transactions between supply chain partners. These leaner, automated processes tighten up the gaps between printing “silos” (prepress, print and bindery). Rather than getting bogged down with administrative tasks and timely re-entry of key information as a job progresses through each stage of production, DiMS! streamlined workflow and visibility of data across the system enables proactive control over the supply chain: increased accuracy and consistency of data, available in real-time; reining in of excess inventory levels and waste reduction; and increased time for employees to devote to core job functions — leading to faster delivery times and greater customer satisfaction. A comprehensive e-business tool, DiMS! enables printers to achieve the synergy of a streamlined, optimized supply chain.
Schedule a DiMS! demonstration at Graph Expo, Booth #4607
To schedule an appointment for an overview demonstration of DiMS! at Graph Expo, Booth #4607, please call Buck LaRusch at 716.432.3708 or e-mail to [email protected]
For more information, please call 630.955.3444, e-mail to [email protected]
, or visit our Web site at www.dims.net.