New York, NY, July 1,2003–XMPie, a leading provider of software solutions for creating highly effective one-to-one cross-media marketing campaigns; today announced the release of PersonalEffect 1.5, XMPie’s flagship product. PersonalEffect 1.5 brings a comprehensive suite of enhanced features and functionally toXMPie’s software marketing platform including streamlined enterprise, agency, and printer workflow, exclusive creative capabilities, support for multiple databases and formats, improved print production management, and the ability to tap assets from multiple network locations.
“In order to stay competitive, companies such asXMPieneed to continually innovate, deploy cutting edge research and development, and put a focus on customer input,” said Michael O’Hara, CEO ofXMPie. “PersonalEffect 1.5 is the result of these efforts, and reinforces our company’s position to provide our customers with the best possible combination of value with the latest technological offerings.”
PersonalEffect Version 1.5 Highlights:
- Campaign “pack & go” functionality allows for easy archiving and a flexible distributed workflow. This new feature allows users to pack all or part of the campaign’s components which reside on the uProduce server—where the campaign is initially prepared and proofed—and send it to be produced or stored in various different locations. This significantly enhances the client and printer workflow, enabling them to communicate not only using print-ready files but also manage the campaign components, giving printers the ability to make last minute changes and relieve the client from final production responsibilities.
- Highly versatile design capability is an improved functionality of ADOR (Automatic Dynamic-Object Replacement) technology which allows a designer to tailor any document to different recipients by defining the visibly of design objects such as document layers or complete pages which are relevant or irrelevant to the any targeted recipients.
- Enhanced data and logic programming allows users to specify business rules that use multiple databases (e.g., customers’ demographics may come from one database, say a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, and product information that may come from the Oracle corporate database). Upon production, the system will interact with all the specified data sources concurrently. In addition, Version 1.5 supports new data sourcetypes, such as Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, CSV, and Microsoft record-set XML. Providing direct connection to these multiple database and formats saves significantly on data processing as a preparatory step for campaign execution.
- Improved print production management provides users the choice to embed or link large campaign assetsby generating “Thin VI” files of VPSand PPML in order to increase workflow and production efficiency. In addition, PersonalEffect 1.5 offers to pre-defined job policies, allowing automated error tracking and recovery formissing assets, such as fonts, or for text overflows; the mechanism presents the option of ignoring the error, skipping the offending record, or stopping the entire job.
- Expanded network support enables users to tap output devices anywhere within their organization’s network, including servers, desktops, and network-based printers.
- Enhanced asset source supportit is now possible to use several different assets sources within a campaign. This enables creating some hierarchy in the assets, as well utmost flexibility in changing the hierarchical structure.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.