MightyWords Makes Downloadable, Printable Titles Instantly Available at Amazon.com
Press release from the issuing company
SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 24, 2001 - MightyWords, the Internet's premier seller and distributor of unique digital content, today made available hundreds of titles that can be purchased, downloaded and printed instantly from Amazon.com. Currently, Amazon.com offers a range of titles from MightyWords, many of which are bestselling titles in computing, business and general interest categories. MightyWords intends to have its complete catalog of more than 5,000 titles available at Amazon.com this quarter.
MightyWords also announced a partnership with Lightning Source Inc. SM, a subsidiary of Ingram Industries Inc., which delivers content as eBooks or "on demand" in printed form. Lightning Source, Amazon.com's preferred eBook fulfillment provider, will digitally deliver MightyWords' printable titles in the Adobe Acrobat eBook Reader format to Amazon.com customers. Today's announcement furthers The Mighty Network, MightyWords' vision to create and aggregate unique content that is unavailable via traditional publishing, and distribute it through a network of branded distribution partners including Amazon.com.
In support of today's announcement, titles available at Amazon.com's eBook store include:
* i-mode: The Benchmark for Wireless Internet (A Eurotechnology Report) and i-mode: Eurotechnology's Short Guide to DoCoMo's Wireless Internet System, by Gerhard Fasol. These titles provide an insider's view to i-mode and its business models, payment streams, trends and competition. I-mode is a programming language for the mobile Internet.
* How to Build a Better Dot-com, by Marcia Layton Turner, and Negotiating Your Dot-com Compensation Package, by Bill Lessard and Steve Baldwin. These titles address how to be a survivor in the current dot-com economic downfall.
* The Jobs and Moms Guide to Flexible Jobs: 21 Proven Strategies for Finding Family-Friendly Employment and The Jobs and Moms Guide to Working from Home: How to Find and Create Terrific Home-Based Work Opportunities, by Nancy Collamer. These titles provide strategies and advice for how to be a successful working mother.
* Recession-Proofing Your Web Site, by Roger Parker. This title presents an eight-step program on how to improve the performance of Web sites while reducing production and maintenance costs.
* Microsoft .NET Strategy Defined, by Andy Patrizio and Stuart Johnston. This title delivers the inside scoop on Microsoft's new .NET initiative.
Ed Marino, president and chief executive officer of Lightning Source, said, "We are pleased to join Amazon.com and MightyWords, two industry leaders, in providing a channel for content that may not otherwise be widely available. Today's agreement fits with our long-standing mission to increase the volume of content in the marketplace and the formats in which consumers can access that content through the use of our cutting-edge digital technology."
Amazon.com now offers MightyWords' eMatter, a term coined by MightyWords to describe mid-length, must-have, need-to-know business, computing, health and professional information. Typical eMatter is between 10 and 100 pages, and is longer than a magazine article but shorter than a book. Bestselling material is found in the business, technical and computing categories.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.