In anticipation of a highly successful combined AIIM-2003/ ON DEMAND Digital Printing & Publishing Exposition, WhatTheyThink.com is pleased to bring you the following on-line directory of vendors, with a snapshot of what will be featured in their booths. The following information is the latest available as supplied by the companies themselves.
AdBuilderPro - Booth #3563
Headquartered in Memphis, TN, Graphic Resource Center parent company of AdBuilderPro™ has been providing line conversions, imaging, programming and asset management solutions to major advertisers in the United States and Europe since 1965.
• AdBuilderPro™, an ASP model - asset management and ad makeup system that provides a direct and cost effective Internet browser-based solution for companies to provide co-operative ad creation for local and regional dealers.
• Introducing PrintBuilderPro™, an e-commerce digital storefront, specifically designed to assist printers obtain and retain new business from corporate customers. PrintBuilderPro allows client companies to store their digital assets with easy access, control inventory and print their documents using a trusted print partner. Using the PrintBuilderPro digital storefront, company personnel can create personalized customer communications, maintain, order and print their various printed pieces from their trusted print provider.
• Introducing BrandBuilderPro™, a browser based brand management solution. BrandBuilderPro is specifically designed to assist companies manage all corporate assets employed in building and managing domestic and world-wide brands. This capability includes management and usage of all digital assets, brand logos, product images, collateral materials distance learning materials, product certifications, employee training, budgets and many other elements.
• Introducing MarketBuilderPro™, a comprehensive—Internet browser based—market building asset management and employee training solution. MarketBuilderPro is specifically designed to assist companies manage all assets associated with product marketing, training and B2B communications for total market building and support.
• Introducing ImageVaultServer™, a turn-key, stand-alone server version of its popular —ASP based—ImageVault™ digital asset management system (DAM). By packaging the powerful ImageVault manager into a stand-alone server, companies desiring an on-premesis, asset management solution now have another option, in addition to the ImageVault ASP-hosted model. For additional information: 800-884-2656, http://www.garts.com
Agfa - Booth #3651
• ApogeeX is Agfa's next generation workflow software based on PDF, JDF and Digital Film, represents a breakthrough in automation and ease of use. Agfa’s advanced technology can help printers meet and exceed production demands by easily integrating with PageMaker, Quark, Illustrator and a variety of other applications. ApogeeX features a single, easy-to-use user interface.
• ABS is Agfa’s Screening Solution for Sherpa. It gives the user the ability to
predict moiré and produce a half tone dot proof if the customer wants it, while still enjoying the affordability and productivity of an ink jet solution. Providing up to 175 lpi, ABS for Sherpa comes as an option to the proofing RIP.
• Grand Sherpa 50 Wide-Format Digital Printing — Agfa has combined the
extraordinary printing capabilities of the Grand Sherpa with the Agfa Edition
of an Onyx RIP to deliver superior printing performance and system flexibility. The Grand Sherpa can print up to 40 m2 per hour at 360 x 360 dpi or up to 12 m2 per hour at 720 x 720 dpi, making it the fastest machine in its class. Newly formulated AgfaJet inkjet media enhances the quality of the Grand Sherpa's 1440-dpi resolution and the multi-density ink combinations to deliver attention-getting detailed color.
• Poster Printing Media — Attendees will also have the chance to learn all about Agfa’s wide assortment of Poster Printing Media, which can also be used for Point-of-sale displays, aerial photography, mapping and other applications.
Banta Integrated Media - Booth #4019
Debut of DesignMerge™ 5.0 variable data XTensions™ for QuarkXPress™. Version 5.0 features support for a conditional logic module which enables users to define and execute an action based on if/then statements. Through a user-friendly interface, novice users can now create complex conditionals without the need of programming experience. For more information: http://www.banta-im.com
Baum - Booth #4211
Baum will be displaying the latest in automated paper folding technology with an all new Baum Flexifold modular folding machine. Also on display is the new Baum QuickAir vacuum feed collating system—an affordable and space saving solution to finishing coated stocks. For more information: http://www.baumfolder.com
Cardiff Software - Booth #2353
Cardiff will announce a new product for its Business Process Automation suite to complement TELEform and LiquidOffice. The capture-focused solution will deliver strategic functionality for form and document processing via an "open standards" architecture. Cardiff will also promote its strategic partnership with HP and new TabletPC mobile computing solutions.
• TELEform Information Capture System enables businesses and government organizations to quickly and easily capture and convert paper-based and electronic forms into digital data that can be leveraged throughout the enterprise.
• LiquidOffice™ eForm Management System is a powerful, Web-based software solution for creating, deploying and automatically managing the routing, tracking and approval processes for electronic forms. The LiquidOffice eForm Management System provides enterprises and
government organizations a solution for automating all aspects of form-driven workflow
Creo - Booth #3223
• Spire™ Color Server for superior productivity and image quality from Xerox® DocuColor® digital color presses. Spire color server gives print-on-demand professionals the flexibility and ease of use to deliver any job. From simple business presentations to complex variable information catalogs, its fast, efficient and intuitive workflow places control of production in the hands of the operator.
• Darwin Desktop is a variable information (VI) authoring tool for one-to-one marketing. Darwin Desktop produces full color pieces of any length, with text, images and layout customized for each recipient. It works intuitively with QuarkXPress, without scripting or programming, to create, preview and print VI documents of any complexity.
• Synapse Insite is Internet-based communication tool. Insite streamlines job submission and tracking, and remote proofing and approval. It is part of Networked Graphic Production, Creo’s strategic initiative that seamlessly integrates production and data information across the entire process, from idea to delivery, and enables printers and customers to collaborate fully.
• Integris provides calibrated, high quality, digital contone color proofs in a variety of formats, for streamlined end-to-end color management. It predicts the final printed job consistently and accurately. Creative professionals can provide affordable color proofs, and prepress professionals can integrate the latest inkjet technologies into their Creo workflow.
• Xerox DigiPath production software by Xerox, scans and prepares documents for editing on the Spire Color Server before printing on DocuColor printers. By managing content and job programming, it gives digital printers a consistent workflow based on standards, allowing them to configure and customize jobs from end to end.
• BlueServer is a data stream converter of IPDS/AFPDS data into PPML. It integrates with the flexible workflow of the Creo Spire Color Server, creating a powerful hybrid system with standalone functionality. The converted data is processed by Spire’s color enhancement technology, for productive printing on Xerox DocuColor digital printers. For more information: http://creo.com
Datalogics - Booth #3955
• DL Formatter DL-100™ variable data composition software. Create a template in your design tool of choice and personalize it in Adobe® Acrobat using the DL-100 plug-in. Variable images, text and data driven graphics are added using conditional logic to produce documents used for print and electronic distribution.
• Java API for the Adobe® PDF Library. Embed true Adobe technology into your Java applications by using the new Java API for the Adobe PDF Library. The API was developed using the industry-standard Java Native Interface (JNI). Currently available on Windows and AS/400 platforms from Datalogics. For more information: http://www.datalogics.com
Delphax - Booth #3335
• The CR1300 Series Digital Press is a digital, continuous feed printing press capable of printing at speeds up to 1,300 - 8.5" X 11" pages per minute. The CR1300 is a black and white duplex printer incorporating an Electron Beam Imaging (EBI) based toner printing system. It is particularly well suited to short run printing applications creating profitable opportunities that were previously unobtainable with offset technology. The CR1300 also has the capacity to run on a wide variety of paper substrates.
• The Imaggia II Digital press is a digital cut sheet printing press capable of printing up 300 - 8.5" X 11" pages per minute from up to eight different collation bins. It is a black and white simplex printer particularly suited to the direct mail, securities, and specialty application marketplace. The Imaggia II operates with a Electron Beam Imaging (EBI) print engine that offers a wide variety of substrate options, and unrivaled reliability. For more information: http://www.delphax.com
Document Sciences - Booth #3619 & Booth #1200
Document Sciences delivers universal content processing technology that streamlines content-intensive workflows and enables real-time multi-channel publishing of customized business communications. Approximately 650 customers worldwide use Document Sciences products in insurance, banking and financial services, health care, and other industries. Customers include more than 60 Fortune 500 companies.
• xPression is the first universal content processing services architecture from Document Sciences. xPression enables content-intensive enterprises to streamline business workflows, meet compliance requirements, and support real-time and high volume multi-channel publishing of critical business communications. xPression is built on a component-based architecture and uses J2EE and XML open standards. For more information: http://www.docscience.com
Domtar Business Papers - Booth #3645
Printers trust Domtar to fulfill their on-demand paper needs. Domtar Microprint, including the new Domtar Microprint Coated Laser, is a full-service line of premium technical papers that is optimized for demanding digital printing equipment. Domtar also offers a broad range of general use / high volume and color and specialty papers.
Duplo USA - Booth #3725
Duplo will be Exhibiting a wide range of finishing solutions to meet the ever-increasing demands of the print-on-demand market. Duplo will be demonstrating off-line, and near-line finishing solutions that fulfill the needs of today’s on-demand operations.
• IMBF (Intelligent Multi-Bin Feeder). Duplo knows technology is changing and the market is moving into a digital world, so we’ve created a product tailor-made to satisfy the customers’ changing needs. Stay on top of these changes by taking advantage of the endless possibilities of the revolutionary IMBF. Duplo has upgraded the collator to the touch screen IMBF for the following reasons:
• DC-545HC Color Document Finishing Solution. The new DC-545HC DocuCutter for color document, a versatile finishing solution for the short-run on-demand market. Equipped with the new auto feeder, multiple jobs can be performed without operator dedication. It has the ability to automatically slit, cut, and crease a document in one pass. The DC-545HC will compensate for image shift from start to finish. The creasing unit enables "crack free" output, which is essential with folded color printed documents.
• DSF-2000- Document Sheet Feeder For Near-Line Finishing. The DSF-2000 has the ability to feed pre-collated output from a digital printer or copier and add a preprinted color cover to the set at the rate of up to 150 sheets per minute. It handles a wide variety of paper types, sizes, and weights.
• Digital Printing Systems. The high capacity DP-63P digital printing system, features 600 x 600 dpi, 3,000-sheet feed-and-stack capacity and 60-sheet ADF. This allows for touch-and-go printing to increase productivity and diminish down time.
• Collators & Perfect Binders. The DFC-12/24 offers several options to assure non-stop productivity—up to 3,900 sets per hour. It’s 24-bin capacity accommodates the maximum 24-sheet capacity of the DBM-120 Bookletmaker and produces 2,400 professional booklets an hour.
• The DB- 250 can either perfect bind or pad up to 200 books per hour. Its automated binding enables operators to simply place flat sheets into the clamp, where pages are gripped automatically and the binding process is started.
• Booklet making. The DBM- 120 bookletmaker is the solution for low to midrange professional finishing. This simple to use, compact design features easy setup and can produce up to 2,400 professional quality booklets an hour. With the most common applications pre-programmed, booklet making is accessed at the touch of a button.
• System 4000- A Complete High-Speed Collating and Booklet making System. This system is capable of producing up to 4,200 booklets or 10,000 collated sets per hour, with the ability to handle a variety of paper types, sizes and weights. Setup and changeover are automatic, with no manual adjustments required. Eight programmable settings allow operators to store frequent used jobs and change from one to another by simply pushing a button. Two jobs can be run at the same time in two different output directions.
• Duplo System 3000- Affordable Hands-Free Suction Feed Collator and Bookletmaker. When comes to affordable high-speed collating, nothing compares to the system 3000. The dynamic vacuum feed DC-8/32 Collator (or DC-10/60 Collator) in-line with the DBM-300 Bookletmaker offers the ideal economical cost-effective collating and finishing solution designed to maximize productivity throughout the crucial finishing process.
• Duplo System 2000- Affordable Suction Feed Collator and Bookletmaker. The System 2000 suction feed collator and DBM- 120 bookletmaker are an ideal combination for low to medium volume production environments. The modular design can incorporate up to six towers and is easily upgradeable when volume increases. Operating speeds run to a maximum of 2,400 booklets per hour, and size changeover is accomplished automatically. For more information: http://www.duplousa.com
eiStream, Inc. - Booth #1535
eiStream WMS provides powerful, scalable, enterprise-wide work management solutions to customers around the world. eiStream WMS pioneered workflow and imaging solutions more than a decade ago and continues its innovative leadership today. Businesses depend on eiStream WMS to streamline the flow and management of information resulting in reduced process cycle times, enhanced quality and enhanced accountability.
• ViewStar is the most advanced document workflow product available for enterprise process automation and integration. ViewStar software manages business performance and resource utilization and orchestrates the participants, systems, content, and interacting enterprises to achieve goals—whether on the LAN, Internet or Extranet.
• Enterprise Solutions unifies eiStream's professional services, imaging services, and partner programs into a single organization dedicated to delivering world-class services and support to eiStream customers across all product lines. The Enterprise Solutions group complements the eiStream direct sales organization, and provides a unique competitive capability for complete solution delivery. For more information: http://www.eiStream.com
Electronics For Imaging - Booth #3535
Electronics For Imaging's exciting OnDemand show line up includes the launch of its latest high-powered Fiery®s and a preview of a new addition to its innovative line of Velocity(tm) workflow software, all designed to make the digital printing workflow process faster and more productive than ever.
•The newest Fiery servers bring breakthrough RIPping power, industry leading variable data printing support and advanced color management tools to graphic arts professionals in high-end production printing environments.
•EFI's Velocity workflow software, which enables print centers to reach higher efficiency and cost savings through a robust, complete digital workflow, is expanding with the new Velocity Exchange(tm) application. Using Velocity Exchange, print centers can develop online services with a range of collaboration tools to enhance communication and streamline the order management process, providing an ideal solution to maximize customer satisfaction and increase productivity.
•EFI will also be celebrating the milestone of shipping its One Millionth Fiery controller. EFI be opening the NASDAQ stock exchange on Monday morning and holding a special Millionth Fiery ceremony at ON Demand Please join EFI in Booth #3535.
Global Graphics Software - Booth #2234
j2 Global’s eFax Corporate service replaces fax servers and fax machines by using a secure, web-based delivery system. It enables users to receive and send faxes (as e-mails with attachments) directly from the desktop. No hardware or software installation is required. This service is both HIPAA and GLB compliant.
• Jaws PDF EditorT is an intuitive application designed specifically for
business users familiar with Microsoft Office and similar applications. The software provides users with flexible comment/mark up capabilities plus the ability to view, search, manipulate, merge and print PDF documents.
• Jaws PDF CreatorT is the simple and affordable solution for creating PDF files. Users 'print' to PDF from any application, drag-and-drop PS or EPS files to the Jaws PDF Creator icon on the desktop, or use a toolbar icon within Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to create PDF files.
• Jaws PDF ServerT is a centralized, server-based software solution for
standardized PDF file creation, optimization and distribution. The software
allows workgroup users to quickly, easily, and cost-effectively create and
share PDF files using print drivers, toolbar Icons or hot folders.
Administrators can easily specify and automatically manage the PDF workflow. For more information: http://www.jawspdf.com
GBC - Booth #2819
GBC is a world leader in products that bind, laminate, and display information so people can accomplish more at work, home and at school.
• GBC will be demonstrating the revolutionary new Quantum Digital Production Punch which offers outstanding productivity, combined with exceptional speed and labor-saving value for a solution unparalleled in the industry. This innovative high-speed production finishing system is capable of punching 72,000 sheets per hour, easily handling intermixed tabs, flush covers and a wide range of stocks.
• GBC will be presenting the new Talon laminating system, featuring a unique one-touch "Master Dial", allowing users to simply press a button and rotate the dial to select which mode they need to adjust. The Talon 44 and 64 offer independently controlled upper and lower heaters which allows users to run both thermal and pressure sensitive films at the same time.
• AccuShield™ uses a patented, dry transfer process to quickly and easily protect banners and signs without the mess and hassle of liquid coatings. The AccuShield process combines the advantages of both conventional lamination and liquid coating without costly clean-up. AccuShield adheres to the printed media - for a quick, professional, finished result.
• Scuff-Resistant Matte OPP is a patented, polypropylene film used in the one-sided lamination of digital and offset printed materials. This new film offers a premium matte finish that has very low reflectivity. Scuff-Resistant Matte OPP offers excellent durability to all printed materials, preserves colors and images, and adds strength to the paper. For more information: http://www.gbcconnect.com
GBR - Booth #4021
Introducing the CAS 52-A TI 90 computer-controlled folding system, which operates online with high volume cut sheet laser printers that have bypass transports. The TI 90 portion of the system processes sheet sizes from 11" X 8" (and A4) to 18 " X 12 " either directly into the folder or turned 90 degrees. This system, when coupled with a pressure sealer, provides secure "unseen by human eyes" processing of highly sensitive documents. In other applications, it provides the quickest and most efficient completion of folded documents in a one-pass process.
For more information: 800-833-6167, http://www.gbr.com
GMC Software Technology - Booth #3545
• GMC PrintNet T Software for Mac. Mac support is available for GMC’s popular PrintNet T Transactional Software, expanding choices for the commercial printing and graphic arts markets. PrintNet T is a single environment, all-in-one tool for layout creation, structured variable and fixed data processing, and high-speed printing of invoices, statements, confirmations and other transaction-driven applications.
• GMC WebProof™ software is a web-based proofing system for dynamic, variable documents. It helps commercial printers and print shops better support clients. With this convenient tool, their customers can obtain the latest version of their job, proof it using real data, and approve it, all using a standard web browser.
• GMC Web2Print Software brings PrintNet capabilities to the desktops of the clients of commercial printers via standard browsers. Users can design documents online, upload data files, proof with live data, and submit a file ready for production. Jobs can go from design to print within the same robust PrintNet platform. For more information: http://www.gmcsoftware.com
Hammermill Digital Papers - Booth #3023
• Accent Opaque Digital, the perfect choice for offset and digital printing. Accent Opaque Digital is available in standard and nonstandard sizes for superior runnability in digital printing.
• Hammermill, Color Copy Paper, the number one choice of professional printers. Hammermill Color Copy Paper is heavy enough to handle the extra toner of color copiers.
• Hammermill Color Copy Cover, guaranteed to run on small and large offset presses, copiers, laser printers and ink-jet printers and fax machines that use plain paper. Color Copy Cover is guaranteed for use in equipment that accepts cover weight papers.
• Hammermill Color Copy Gloss, a premium, coated two-side paper developed especially for use in high-speed color copiers and laser printers. Hammermill Color Copy Gloss offers excellent runnability, without jamming or blistering, and a high 90 brightness for vivid color reproduction and optimal image clarity.
• Hammermill Laser Print, specially formulated to showcase the detailed images laser printers produce, Hammermill Laser Print is one of the smoothest acid-free laser papers, and is capable of handling up to 2,400 dpi.
• Hammermill Jet Print, specially developed for inkjet printers, Hammermill Jet Print is an uncoated, fast-drying paper that locks ink in place and keeps it from smearing
• Hammermill Jet Print Ultra Gloss, perfect for printing color photo images on an inkjet printer. Hammermill Jet Print Ultra Gloss dries instantly and is water-resistant.
• Hammermill Fore MP, featuring an array of white and 21 popular colors for more organized, effective communications
• Hammermill Tidal MP, designed to run consistently and smoothly in high-speed copiers and plain-paper fax machines. Hammermill Tidal MP now offers a 99.99% jam-free guarantee for all high-speed digital copiers
• Hammermill Bond, A premium, watermarked writing paper that is acid-free and contains 30% recycled fiber
• Great White, a State-of-the-Art recycled paper that dispels conventional perceptions about recycled paper by offering unprecedented levels of quality, runnability, and value. Great White contains 30% post-consumer fiber and is an excellent choice for schools, government agencies, and environmentally friendly firms.
• Springhill Digital, in cut sizes and colors for digital printing in high-speed machines. Springhill Digital offers excellent print quality for sharp text and clear images. Available in Summer 2003.
• Williamsburg Offset, a multi-purpose uncoated offset sheet that offers a wide array of sizes, weights and finishes
• Strathmore, offering the most complete and versatile premium correspondence system available including Strathmore Writing, the nation's leading 25% cotton fiber correspondence paper. Strathmore Papers also include distinct text and cover grades in rich colors and textures.
• Beckett, a premium Writing, Text and Cover paper that provides the diversity and distinction printers and designers demand. Beckett also offers the quality and versatility required for exceptional printing and finishing performance.
• Via, a complete, versatile paper system for everyday business needs. Via now has six popular finishes, and includes both fresh, modern colors and classic neutrals that mix and match for virtually endless combinations.
• BriteHue, a line of premium, bright colored papers that command attention. Available in coordinating laser/copy, text and cover weights for a range of communications, BriteHue performs well on all types of imaging equipment. For more information: http://www.ippaper.com
Heidelberg - Booth #3301
• The NexPress 2100, the printing industry’s first digital color production press, will showcase additional capabilities including internet-driven applications, on-demand brochures and the production of full-color collated pages on demand. With flexibility driven by the NexStation digital front end, Heidelberg plans to announce new configurations of the NexPress 2100 at the show.
• Prinect Printready optimizes and automates all prepress tasks in a freely configurable, digital workflow and ensures transparent data transfer to the press and postpress stages. Printready is the first fully JDF-enabled product of its kind. Look for new connectivity options for Prinect Printready at On Demand.
• The Digimaster 9150i produces 150-image-per-minute digital black-and-white printing that provides customers the versatility of a smaller machine. Heidelberg will demonstrate the 9150i with its book publishing solution, which can network color and finishing solutions to create commercial quality books in under an hour. Expect more Digimaster news at On Demand.
• The Quickmaster DI Pro combines digital prepress with waterless offset printing. Offset quality, a high degree of automation, speed and enormous flexibility makes the QMDI a profitable and productive press. The QMDI Pro showcases end-to-end digital workflow that extends right up to the press.
• Probinder is an innovative new finishing system making its U.S. debut. Probinder uses a spool of single wire to produce a perfectly fitting wire comb binding. Inline production of wire-comb-bound books is a first in the global printing industry. The Probinder comes in inline, nearline and offline configurations.
• The Duplo System 2100 is the first finishing solution that takes collated output from a NexPress 2100 press, automatically folds, stitches and trims into a finished booklet. Its optional bar code reader makes it ideal for finishing variable data applications for customer-specific information on every page.
• ImageSmart Document Mastering 2.2 software enables greater digital prepress productivity for Heidelberg’s Digimaster product family. Created to increase productivity on complex production jobs, frequent reprinting, repurposing and editing. The software also creates greater collaboration between the printer and customer by allowing easy sharing of PDF documents.
• Making its U.S. debut, Supercolor is a new software tool that analyzes colors and color spaces of PDF documents and optimizes output on different media. An Acrobat plug-in that can be used on both Mac and PC, Supercolor uses Heidelberg's "Color Matching Method" (CMM), which produces excellent color management results.
• Heidelberg’s Business Development Services provides sales and marketing support to Heidelberg’s digital customers. The group uses training, consulting and marketing assistance to help Heidelberg’s customers integrate digital printing with traditional offset printing solutions. Look for Heidelberg to announce other educational and consulting initiatives at On Demand.
• Variable Data Demo of the Audi TT. Heidelberg will feature a variable data demonstration meant to inspire and showcase the latest in Variable Data Printing technology. Visitors will have the opportunity to create personalized brochures that feature personalized images and words, stretching variable data beyond a simple name change in the text. For more information: http://www.heidelberg.com
Hummingbird, Ltd - Booth #1325
Five million users rely on Hummingbird to connect.
• Revolutionary Hummingbird Enterprise™, an integrated information and knowledge management solution suite, manages the entire lifecycle of information and knowledge assets. Hummingbird Enterprise offers customers a 360° view of their knowledge assets by bringing together
Hummingbird's industry leading portal, connectivity, document management, records management, knowledge management, business intelligence, collaboration, and data integration solutions into an integrated enterprise information management system (EIMS). Hummingbird Enterprise offers everything organizations need to manage the entire lifecycle of their business content. Today, manage, access, publish and search their enterprise content. For more information: http://www.hummingbird.com
IDEAL.com - Booth #2167
How will you manage and distribute your large format scanned documents? Scan and index drawing archives into IntraNETIX Planrooms. Search & retrieve drawings with quick view using web browser, conference online and edit raster files as if they are vector. IntraSCAN is network job-based scanning with locate, view, and print from any computer on the network using a web browser. For more information: http://www.ideal.com
ISP Stitching & Bindery Products - Booth # 4207
• Stitch'n Fold BookletMaking System- Now you can face trim books up to 50 sheets in-line with the Stitch'n Fold BookletMaker. The Stitch'n Fold BookletMaker with ISP's new Trimmer produces more than 65,000 booklets at a maximum speed of 2,300 booklets per hour without reloading staples. The New Stitch'n Fold BookletMaker System electrically links the booklet maker and Trimmer with a 10-bin tower collator.
• BookletMate: An economical, portable way to staple and fold booklets up to 48 pages (12 sheets of 20# Bond). Operation is simple and quick. You just load, staple, then reverse the handle to fold and out comes a finished booklet.
• BinderyMate: Versatile wire stitcher that can easily stitch from two sheets to 1/4" of 20 lb. bond paper. Changes quickly from flat to saddle stitching and back again in seconds. Uses the new M-2000 Stitching Head.
• New M-2000 Stitching Head performs twenty times better than previous designs by reducing operating force and using wear resistant components for longer life and lower maintenance. Magnetic rotator virtually eliminates dropped stitches. Allows up to 13,800 stitches/hr. with a p" stitching capacity and ?" crown size. Accommodates No. 25 to No. 30 round wire.
IXOS SOFTWARE, INC - Booth #2053
IXOS is a global leader for Enterprise Content Management. The IXOS solution suite enables organizations to create, deliver and manage any content throughout their enterprise - business application data, documents, Web pages, XML and rich media - using a common content repository and architecture, with maximum scalability and application integration. For more information: http://www.ixos.com
KMtechnologies - Booth #1145
KMtechnologies’ work2gether™ integrates knowledge management, document management, collaboration and intranet/extranet features in a single, rapidly deployed solution. work2gether allows access to critical information anytime, anywhere using a simple Internet connection with security that does not compromise the client’s sensitive corporate data. Using work2gether as the collaborative application, clients can browse any database (ODBC) content from within work2gether. Clients can create their own reports from remote ODBC sources or queries within the work2gether knowledge base.
KOM NETWORKS‘ Inc - Booth #1525
Kom Networks has been providing innovative, leading-edge data storage software solutions since 1983. KOM’s automated, policy-based file management, storage utilization and data archival software products provide enterprises with unmatched control over their data, for the life of their data, utilizing a wide range of storage technologies. These solutions incorporate standard native file systems in Windows NT/2000, UNIX and VMS to provide investment protection and long-term data access.
• KOMWORX™ Data Manager combines policy-based data storage and migration, storage virtualization and consolidation, optimized resource management and utilization, for an end-to-end data management solution. KOMworx Data Manager aggregates Host-, LAN- and SAN-attached storage into one easy-to-manage homogeneous Virtual Volume that can then be organized into Storage Classes that meet your operational requirements.
• KOMWORX™ Archive Manager provides a policy-based solution for ever-expanding data capacity requirements. Most networks are clogged with infrequently accessed data, requiring excessive administration and increased backup windows. KOMworx Archive Manager automatically migrates selected files from expensive primary storage to cost-effective automated nearline libraries, based on any combination of file attributes, including the file’s age and path.
• OPTISTORM® software combines all the advantages of optical storage while retaining the access, convenience and functionality of hard disk drives. Operating on Windows NT/ 2000 platforms, OptiStorm integrates into the operating system so seamlessly that users are completely unaware that they are accessing and storing data on optical disks and jukeboxes. OptiStorm is a cost effective, worry-free solution for today and tomorrow.
• OPTISERVER® for UNIX and OpenVMS is optical storage management software solutions for HP-UX, Sun Solaris, Tru64 UNIX, HP Alpha and VAX OpenVMS environments. OptiServer allows administrators to utilize the "already familiar" system commands and security features of the operating system to store data on optical disks and jukeboxes. OptiServer integrates into the operating system so seamlessly that users are completely unaware that they are accessing and storing data on optical devices.
• SHIELDWORX™ provides complete data protection for hard disk drives of all sizes including the drive that the operating system resides on. With this low cost solution you never have to worry about files being accidentally deleted or overwritten. Your data is fully protected from modification due to computer viruses, application errors, user errors and malicious acts. ShieldWorx utilizes patented data protection technology and operates in both Windows NT and Windows 2000 environments. For more information: http://www.komnetworks.com
Lytrod Software, Inc - Booth #4234
Since 1986, Lytrod Software, Inc. has developed variable data document design software for production printing. Our Designer products enable anyone to develop sophisticated variable data applications on their PC by supporting the powerful VIPP™ workflow for high volume production of graphically-rich bills and statements, and one-to-one marketing documents.
• Lytrod's Designer software is the leading GUI for creating sophisticated variable data documents quickly and easily. Non-programmers can now take full advantage of Xerox's VIPP production workflow. Use advanced conditional text, image, media, finishing, and page functions without scripting! Proform Designer supports Xerox LPS legacy forms design/editing, and LPS migration to VIPP. For more information: http://www.lytrod.com
Markzware - Booth #1308
Job2Print.com is a FREE preflighting and FTP service that allows individuals to easily collect all of their images and fonts to send to the print shop of their choice. The receiver needs FTP service to participate. Senders and receivers are able to view online reports of the transferred files. For more information: http://markzware.com
MediaFORM Systems - Booth #2063
As the leading manufacturer of CD-R / DVD-R duplication, publishing and printing systems for over a decade, MediaFORM's technology goes above and beyond functionality. Whether you're duplicating audio, video or multimedia, you'll find what you need from our full line of standalone, automated and network-based duplication and publishing systems.
• MediaFORM’s 5000 Series provides one button easy CD / DVD duplication in a system that’s sleek enough to fit into any environment. Requiring no PC, and as easy to use as a photocopier, each tower features a hard drive capable of storing multiple masters. Also includes client software for your LAN.
• Burn discs-on-demand with the DIRECTOR EC publishing system. The ideal solution for one-off unique CDs / DVDs. Available in two or four 48X CD-R or 4X DVD-R drive configurations and can accommodate inkjet or thermal printing options. Comes complete with Java and Windows clients for your LAN and an API to minimize development time when integrated into another product, such as document imaging.
• The QuadraPRO provides all the power of the 5000 series, but with fully automated, optional in-line direct-to-disc printing. As easy to use as a photocopier, the QuadraPRO offers hands-free CD-R / DVD-R publication, requiring no PC. Truly an economical and easy to use system.
Memory Experts International - Booth #3353
Memory Experts International manufactures "CANRAM", printer, notebook and PC memory; USB flash clip drives; computer equipment machine add-on products. Custom packaging and specifications. OEM custom board level designs. OEM and distribution sales; full technical and distribution support; European and North American locations.
• ClipDrive Bio™, the latest secure portable storage device, delivers the ultimate in security for portable USB drive technology. The ClipDrive Bio uses a 128x128 high-definition scanner to deliver unmatched fingerprint authentication, packaged with EdgeLync® security software. This gives users the choice of fingerprint or password security, or both to encrypt data! The security software resides on the ClipDrive Bio itself allowing the user to move from PC to PC without having to carry any additional disk or CD. Amazing protection for the world’s most advanced portable drives, available in capacities ranging from 64MB to 1 GB. For more information: http://www.canram.com
Movaris - Booth #1010
Movaris Business Process Management 5.0 allows you to quickly deploy and manage your unique business processes without programming, to an environment that allows end-users to take control of their everyday activities. The result is a new level of control, visibility and efficiency for business activities throughout your company.
nextScan - Booth #1952
nextScan introduces two roll film scanners, Phoenix and Eclipse, offering the user higher productivity, image quality and reliability at an affordable price. Scan speeds up to 300 pages per minute - grayscale and bi-tonal Output bi-tonal and grayscale at the same time with no reduction in speed. Adaptive Speed Control to optimize scan speed. Filter setup performed in real time with no resin of the image. Simpler hardware design to minimize risk of hardware failure. Designed with the latest in camera, lighting, chip, and software technology, nextScan scanners far exceed the quality, speed and reliability of other products on the market, increasing production and lowering cost for customers scanning film in many different industries.
Nipson - Booth #3501
Nipson’s 8000 Digital Printing System, Model 470, will be displayed. The 8000/470 TED duplex press produces 600 dpi output at 230 ft. per minute for exceptional productivity on an unmatched range of stock types including light-to-heavy-weight papers, labels, plastics, foils, and specialty stocks, including carbonless and thermo-sensitive materials. For more information: http://www.nipson.com
Océ - Booth #2501
• The Océ VarioPrint™ 2105 digital printer/copier/scanner brings production-class performance and unified workflow control to the print room. The 105-ppm VarioPrint 2105 provides solid reliability, application versatility and cost-effective performance in any environment. The new system helps customers transition from analog copying to digital printing without lost productivity or expensive retraining.
• The versatile Océ VarioPrint™ 5160 helps corporate and commercial print operations achieve business objectives with one versatile system. Graphic arts operations can pursue new growth opportunities in short-run on-demand output and print-for-one personalization. Corporate environments gain the ability to combine central reprographics with mainframe transactional printing for better resource utilization.
• The Océ VarioStream™ 7650cx Twin provides high-speed flexibility in a continuous forms printer. This flagship VarioStream model delivers the highest level of performance. It produces duplex output at a rate of nearly 1300 images per minute and has a duty cycle of 38.5 million images per month.
• The 106 ipm Océ VarioStream™ 6100 is one of the only continuous forms systems to print on adhesive stock, super-light paper grades, thick card stock, plastic cards, labels, stickers, and electronic forms. It is ideal for high-quality printing on challenging or non-traditional media, with the flexibility for shorter runs.
• The Océ CPS 700 excels in cost-effective short-run full color applications, so companies can reduce waste. The system's Direct Imaging Technology is unaffected by humidity or temperature, eliminating constant recalibration, and resulting in less downtime and higher productivity and reliability. Output is consistent across all applications and clustered units.
• The Océ ScanStation™ 650 can process books, manuals, loose-leaf sets, maps, engineering drawings, photos and other hard copy originals. Materials that might have been sent out to a third party for digitizing can now be handled in-house at less cost and with faster turnaround and greater control.
• Océ DocSetter™ is an advanced tool for scanning, editing and cleansing hardcopy for digital workflow. Commercial printers, service bureaus and in-plant shops gain superior capabilities for complex documents. The software supports over 80 file formats, including TIFF, PDF, PostScript and JPEG, and bridges analog-to-digital and monochrome-to-color applications regardless of origin.
• For environments involving pre-existing Océ DigiPath™ workflow, Océ DPconnect™ provides a direct print path from DigiPath and proprietary Xerox DocuTech™ to Océ PRISMA document management and delivery architecture. DPconnect is a bridge to move DigiPath applications without modification to any Océ device for greater productivity and flexibility.
• The Océ PRISMAproduction™ POD server determines how efficiently jobs are managed and how fast data is composed for printing. The modular design is in line with open systems and can easily be expanded for evolving demands. The Base System has functions for administrating the spooler and high performance printing system.
• Océ TrueProof™ provides a convenient, reliable way to verify documents print exactly as desired without running a production printer just for hard-copy proofs. Océ TrueProof functions as a virtual printer, viewing not only the data stream, but also the specific output as the printer would generate it.
• Integrated PRISMAsatellite tools offer flexibility and functionality from the desktop. Océ Office Exec™ brings accounting and intelligent job routing to office printers and central print rooms. Océ Doc Works Exec™ offers digital job submission, accounting, and output management. Océ Com Works™ offers e-forms, accounting and output management for mid-range environments.
• The Océ Software and Server Protection Plan offers future-proof adaptability and investment protection. Customers can acquire the latest Océ PRISMAproduction software, server hardware, and professional implementation without additional unbudgeted upgrade costs. It also ensures the latest technology for as long as customers lease an Océ VarioStream or VarioPrint system. For more information: http://www.oceusa.com
Pace Systems Group - Booth #3456
The ePace System from Pace Systems Group is the only browser-based print management and e-commerce solution that operates locally on your server. Stop by our booth to find out how you can leverage the power of the Internet and your own intranet to do estimating, planning, production control, accounting and e-commerce all in one integrated solution.
Parascript, LLC - Booth #2055
Parascript's Total Recognition¨ technology converts paper-based information into computer usable data. It is a complete technology that recognizes all character types - cursive, hand print and machine print - on all forms. Its unique capabilities allow organizations using forms to capture customer information to dramatically reduce their data entry expenses. With Total Recognition technology, companies can turn handwritten and print data, including legacy data, into electronic information that can be used to power Web-based offerings and other marketing initiatives. Total Recognition technology is available via a number of channels: as software development kits, through Parascript's online services, through on-site custom solutions and from Parascript's partners.
• FormXtraä 2.0 form processing software capitalizes on the company's flagship recognition technology that reads machine, hand print and cursive writing to capture every piece of information on a form. FormXtra 2.0 enables companies to outsource recognition, increase processing speeds and turnaround, and improve data accuracy.
Pitney Bowes - Booth #3551
• Pitney Bowes Management Services’ Fleet Asset Management Solutions let you concentrate on your core business by applying our expertise and tools to focused management of your print output device fleets, such as copiers, printers, multifunction, and fax devices. By assuming responsibility for the entire lifecycle of our clients’ output devices and employing our unique Equipment Agnostic© approach, we tailor solutions that meet each client’s unique needs and addresses under optimized performance with best-in-class service to deliver our three key benefits: minimize total cost of ownership - TCO, maximize effectiveness of assets, reduce administrative burden. We’ll be demonstrating our powerful Asset Manager© software application, as well as ImageTrak™, our new integrated meter read and status collection technology, that is equipment manufacturer independent and works with both networked and analog/stand alone devices.
• Pitney Bowes Management Services’ Imaging and Document Workflow Solutions helps your business improve profitability with more efficient business practices through our analysis and redesign skills of document process and workflow needs as well as the integration of open architecture technology. We provide a wide scope of services including business process analysis combined with a system and service engineering design tailored to meet individual business needs. Our services join our business process knowledge with the application of the latest technologies to deliver numerous advantages including: improved customer service, reduced costs, improved document integrity. Our approach is both process and management-based and focuses on the solution of the business problem. We’ll be demonstrating one such application of image-enabling tools for the process improvement of a medical application. For more information: http://www.pb.com
Resolutions - Booth #1771
Resolutions, a leading provider of document management solutions—headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia with installation, development and support operations in Ireland, Germany and partners in Europe, South America, Australia and the Pacific Rim—offering intelligent, dynamic output delivery and management software that supports the full life cycle of all business-critical documents.
• Resolutions offers Enterprise Content Management and Document Output Management in a single suite. ResolutionsDMS converts paper business forms to an electronic digital format, allowing users to optimize the content and appearance of documents, enhancing and preparing them for delivery via print, fax, e-mail, Web presentment or imaging and archiving. Resolutions provides its document management solutions for all ERP, MRP, CRM and SCM packages on IBM's AS/400-iSeries, Microsoft NT, 2000 and Unix platforms.
• R-File Manager is a complete imaging and archiving solution for business and industry. R-File Manager is platform and business software independent.
• R-Forms is for creating electronic forms, electronic forms design, presentation and distribution.
• R-Fax is an enterprise fax solution for production, desktop and broadcast faxing.
• R-Checks is a turnkey check printing solution for business applications.
• R-Output Manager is a report and multi-page document automation manager that delivers reports and electronic forms to recipients via print, e-mail, fax, post to web or archive. Available as a native iSeries/AS400, NT/2000 and UNIX solution. For more information: http://www.resolutions.ws
Rochester Software Associates (RSA) - Booth #3719
• RSA's WebCRD™ is a browser-based print submission and fulfillment solution enabling users to submit, manage, reorder, and output digital printing jobs using the Internet/Intranet. Print fulfillment with WebCRD increases print center productivity and enhances end user satisfaction with your reproduction facilities, improving job turnarounds while lowering total document production costs. Ideal for facilities management sites and print centers within large corporations, colleges and universities, financial institutions, and government offices, WebCRD supports the entire digital print fulfillment process.
• WebCRD SurePDF™, powered by Adobe® PDF Transit™ for client-based PDF generation, produces the most accurate PDF workflow for online submission of jobs to the print center. Customers can "Print to WebCRD" as if they were printing to a local printer. Users receive a proof for immediate viewing and acceptance prior to job submission.
• QDirect™ is a robust print manager used to control workflow, route jobs and manage print queues. Consolidate jobs from multiple departments or locations to a central point and distribute print to local or remote locations. Route jobs automatically based on job attributes. QDirect is datastream and destination independent and features a Java-based client, which runs from any PC. QDirect is available as a standalone product or integrated with other RSA products.
• M.I.S. Print™ automatically converts line printer, LCDS (DJDE, Metacode, XES/UDK) and AFP/ IPDS datastreams, for printing on any network printer. This is the only integrated software solution that runs directly on the print controller of most production printers. In mixed environments, LCDS and AFP/IPDS datastreams can be converted concurrently.
• PDF Module™ converts legacy data streams (DJDE, Metacode and XES/UDK) to indexable, viewable PDF or TIFF for an unlimited number of applications including online viewing, archiving or e-mail distribution. Now organizations can unlock the power of data center information and enable users to view documents from any networked PC.
• DTPrint™ automatically converts proprietary Xerox DocuJob files to an industry standard PostScript, enabling users to leverage previously scanned and prepared documents from a DocuTech 90/135 Publisher. DTPrint software captures job ticket specifications, allowing files to print automatically to PostScript devices or PDF can be created for viewing and archival. DTPrint is an automated software solution that does not require additional hardware. For more information: http://www.rocsoft.com
Scantron Corporation - Booth #1139
Scantron Corporation will demonstrate its new eListen v4.7 tool that allows users to complete surveys from a PDA, e-mail, Web or print formats. Instantly all the vital tools are available to help create, deploy, collect and analyze virtually any kind of survey or data collection form.
• Scantron will also showcase how its imaging solutions for New York's Board of Cooperative Educational Services' (BOCES) quickly and easily collect data electronically for its high school Regents exams.
Scitex Digital Printing - Booth #3134
Scitex Digital Printing is demonstrating the VersaMark™ Vantage™ printing system, an integrated digital printing system capable of producing 100 percent variable data in CMYK process color with operating speeds of up to 325 feet per minute. The VersaMark Vantage offers Business Color™ capability, the ideal combination of image quality, speed, and low operating cost per page. For more information: http://www.scitexdpi.com
Smooth Solutions - Both #1949
Smooth Solutions performs high volume scanning for many large corporations and government agencies. Existing customers include Con Edison of NY, Merck, PSE&G, NYC DEP, NYC SCA, Port Authority, BNP Paribas, Vermont Agency of Transportation, Pfizer and many more.
• High volume document scanning and conversion services company. Over 30 scanners, any size paper or film. We scan business documents, engineering drawings, aperture cards, roll film, microfiche, books, magazines, etc. On-site scanning available. Formats include Tiff, color Jpeg, PDF, HTML, etc. Delivery formats include CD, DVD, FTP and others. For more information: http://www.smoothsolutions.com
SPI Content Sciences - Booth #2039
A recognized leader in offshore content conversion, imaging, high volume data capture, full-service imaging, XML/SGML and related services. We consistently deliver superior quality and fast turnaround for the largest and most complex projects at competitive prices. Our domestic client service managers, together with our highly-trained, English-fluent workforce at five Asian production facilities, serve as the benchmark for excellence in digital content outsourcing. For more information: http://www.spitech.com
Spiel Associates - Booth #4127
For the first time, Spiel associates will be showcasing THE STERLING COILMASTER II PLASTIC COIL BINDING SYSTEM. It will create plastic coil from plastic filament and automatically insert it into the book from the first hole onwards. It then cuts and crimps automatically, abolishing the need to store plastic coil, at a cost savings well over 50%. COILMASTER II allows the speedy binding of books with margins of up to 3/16", with round or oval holes. Tooling is available for all sizes between 6 mm and 30 mm. Bind books automatically at speed of up to 700 books per hour. For more information: call (718) 392-7900, http://www.spielassociates.com/
Standard Finishing Systems – Booth #3345
• The Standard Horizon StitchLiner, bridging the production gap between existing flat sheet collating/booklet making systems and conventional high volume saddle stitching lines. Offset or digitally printed flat-sheet signatures are fed from the Standard Horizon SpeedVAC collator to produce saddle stitched booklets with full bleed trimming, at up to 11,000 two-up booklets/hour.
• The Standard Horizon BQ-270 Perfect Binder features high-quality production perfect binding with fully automated operation and push-button simplicity, and is designed for single-person production of up to 500 books/hour. Standard features include an intelligent touch screen console, automatic air-suction cover feeding with in-line scoring, and job programming.
• The Standard Hunkeler SF4-H Roll-to-sheet Feeder, designed exclusively for the Canon imageRUNNER 110 and imageRUNNER Pro 150+, the Heidelberg Digimaster 9110/9150, and the IBM infoprint 2000 high-speed digital printing systems, the SF4-H provides up to 40,000 cut sheets/roll, for up to 18 hours of non-stop printing.
• The Standard Hunkeler FS4 Spiral Folder for continuous-form print applications, sports industry-first features, including fully automated set up and centralized format changes with no requirement for manual adjustments. The FS4 is capable of operating in-line to the latest generation of continuous forms printers, and can also operate off-line, for fan-folding of preprinted rolls.
• The Standard Horizon ColorWorks 2000, an innovative all-in-one document finisher designed exclusively for operation in-line to the Xerox DocuColor 2000 Series Digital Color Presses, including the recently released 6060. Professional quality document production is managed through an icon-based touch screen, for quick, easy and accurate set-ups. Shown in the Standard Finishing Systems, Horizon International, and Xerox booth.
• The Standard Horizon AFC-544AKT Floor Model Folder will be premiered. Designed for commercial printers, in-plant printers, and binderies, the AFC-544AKT includes advanced set-up automation through a user-friendly color touch screen control panel that displays fold formats and sheet sizes for easy selection. Up to one hundred different job settings can be stored in memory, and automated set-up can be accomplished in as little as thirteen seconds.
• Standard will show intelligent set assembly on the Standard Horizon SpeedVAC Collating System. The system will feed personalized / variable information pre-collated sheets at high speed to include merging of color + black-and-white and variable + static sheets into one secure document. Sheet-by-sheet and set-by-set verification is achieved using MailVision™ Verification Software with full job control and tracking. For more information: http://www.sdmc.com
Stora Enso Digital Papers - Booth # 4119
Stora Enso is an integrated forest products company producing a variety of paper, wood an