Being a veteran attendee or exhibitor at more than half-dozen Graphics of the Americas shows, I find it to be a unique venue. Very international, GOA is really a mecca for Latin Americans looking for the best and newest products for graphic arts. It’s not just the groovy art deco hotels, the lure of latex-paint-thick Cuban coffee, or the magical Miami warm weather that attracts visitors to this show. The quality of the partners, both attendee and exhibitor, as well as an opportunity to connect with new markets located on a common continent makes GOA a very special place.
Celebrating it's 27th Anniversary, Graphics of the Americas bills itself as the second largest graphic arts show in America. According to statistics amassed by GAIN:
- 92.7% of GOA attendees are involved in purchase decision making.
- 97.9% of GOA attendees were "satisfied-to-very-satisfied" with the overall Graphics of the Americas.
- Buyers express time well spent at a beneficial show.
- 96.7% of GOA visitors will attend again.
And, what good are statistics without opinions? Well, 97% of GOA exhibitors rate the buyers "qualified to extremely qualified", and the overwhelming majority - 96.2% plan to exhibit again. Simply put, GOA is a cost effective place to do business.
In anticipation of another highly successful GOA show, WhatTheyThink.com is pleased to bring you the following directory of GOA vendors, with a snapshot of what will be featured in their booths. The following information is the latest available as supplied by the various companies listed.
AAMSCO LIGHTING, INC. - Booth #451
The leading supplier of replacement lamps for pre-press equipment specialize lamps for platemakers, cameras and scanners. Featuring top quality brand names such as Ushio, Osram and Philips. Visit www.aamsco.com.
Bob Weber, Inc. - Booth #241
Bob Weber, Inc. is a leading remarketer of refurbished prepress equipment. They will be exhibiting a Creo Trendsetter platesetter, a 4-up Scitex Dolev 400, the ECRM Knockout capstan imagesetter, and the Xitron Harlequin RIP along with the new V-Dot plug-in. Bob Weber will be available for equipment consultation, along with a Xitron representative, and one or more valued dealer reps from South America. Visit us in Booth #241 for more information and our show special pricing. www.bob-weber.com.
CARE GRAPHIC MACHINERY - Booth #1080
Care specializes in supplying top quality used and reconditioned printing, carton/packaging and paper film converting machinery for both export and home markets. All reconditioned machines carry a comprehensive guarantee and customers are assured of technical support from experienced and actively committed staff - during installation and operator training, world wide. With more that 100 years experience, the management team has vast experience in the printing and packaging industries to assist in the decision making process. The company specializes in machines from Argon, Billhafer, Bobst, Heidelberg, Jagenberg, KBA Planeta, Kohmann, Kolbus, Komori, Man Roland, Miller, Muller Martini, Polar, Sanwa, Signature, Strachan Henshaw, Titan, Vega, Windmoller and Holscher. Tel: 00 44 1977 695500, Fax: 00 44 1977 695010, www.care-graphic.com.
Canadian Web Consultants Limited - Booth #494
Canadian Web Consultants Limited specializes in turn-key installations of web press machinery (newspaper and commercial), rebuilds, repairs, project coordination, equipment evaluations, in-house hands on training inclusive of pre-press, press and post press, seminars and designing preventative maintenance programs.
The Challenge Machinery Company - Booth #1401
Featured at the booth will be a Champion 305 XG paper cutter, an EH-3C paper
drill, and Morgana EZ folder.
- The Champion 305 XG will display all of the newest ANSI (American National Standards Institute) features including the light beam safety device and slot closure device as standard equipment. With 99 channels and 9801 cut positions, dual-screen operator prompts, and UL certification, this Champion 30.5" cutter provides the best safety, productivity, and ease of operator use for today's bindery.
- The EH-3C offers a full 2-1/2" drilling capacity, auto-return of the heads at the completion of the stroke, and a taper-fit shank that insure that the drill bit will seat centrally and securely into the spindle. With 25% greater drilling capacity over 2" drill bits provides much greater productivity with each stroke. The EH-3C is UL certified.
- The Morgana EZ is a two-plate design that features digital setting of the fold stops for the greatest accuracy when changing jobs. Loads of air at the feeder combine with a positive feed and register table to put difficult to feed stocks directly into the rollers. The features and performance of this folder completes the reasons why a stop at booth #1401 is a must-see on your show agenda.
Channeled Resources - Booth #1755
Channeled Resources and its sister company, MaraTech International, are leading suppliers of B-grade pressure sensitive papers and films, silicone release liners and PE coated products. They will have a variety of these papers available at GOA, and would be pleased to discuss their many applications.
Chapel Hill Mfg. - Booth #120
Chapel Hill Mfg. has been a manufacturer of seamless lint free knitted cotton and synthetic dampening covers for the Graphic Arts Trade since 1962 . These covers are used as a water transfer and cover the water form and water ductor rollers on offset presses. Our products have a tradition of superior quality and durability.
CNI GRAPHICS USA INC. - Booth #1570
CNI GRAPHICS USA INC. is new a member of the SAMOR INTERNATIONAL GROUP (www.samor.com) with headquarters in Bologna - Europe. SAMOR Group is longtime in manufacturing printing plates, offset inks and Flexo & Gravure ink and chips, large range press and pre-press chemicals.
- New offset metal plates made by EFI PLATE Europe, ELAN negative subtractive working, EXPRESS positive fast speed and ELITE positive long run plate. All press sizes and gauge available form our plate converting plant in Florida. The EFI ELAN N-800 plate is very suitable for quality newspaper, long run up to 250’000 runs, with clean and easy press run.
- AIRDOT printing blankets, new 3 ply web offset blanket AIRDOT 900 V-3 with enforced stretch resistance and chemical resistance. AIRDOT 900 V-2 for sheet presses and new economical AIRDOT 500 DUPLI for small offset and duplicator market. From the Florida converting plant we supply punched, barred and mini gap steel bar blankets and all straight cut sizes.
Colmar Printing Equipment inc. - Booth #236
Colmar Printing Equipment Inc. is a Canadian based company, dealing worldwide with quality used graphic arts equipment from pre-press to bindery, for more than 10 years. Tel.: (416) 740-5175 ~ Fax: (416) 740-4866, www.colmarprinting.com.
Comptek Systems - Booth #280
Comptek Systems has traditionally been a provider to the business forms industry and recently expanded its product lines to serve clients entering the flexographic industry. This new combined focus has given birth to a new image and consequently a new name: FORMYFLEX, division of Comptek Systems, International. In addition to their full traditional range of forms products they will be introducing the following:
Anilox Rollers, Flexographic Mounting Systems, Flexographic Plates, Doctor Blades, Enclosed Doctor Blade Systems, Anilox Cell Measurement Kits, Anilox Roll Cleaning Systems, Flexographic Hand Proofers, and more.
- FORMS PRODUCTS (traditional line) includes:
Punches, Dies, Perfrule, Perfwheels, Numbering Systems, Skip-Tapes: (Transfer, Skip-Perforated, velcro, Safety Walk), Collator bands, Tinting Dye, Inks, Encoding Ribbon, Lithoperfs, Transfer Tapes, Photopolymer Plates, Cold Glue Applicators, and more. Visit www.comptek-sys.com.
Contex Scanning Technology - Booth #1081
Contex Scanning Technology is the leading manufacturer of wide-format color and monochrome scanners and developers of advanced scanning and copying software. Contex provides solutions to help architects, engineers, CAD and GIS professionals manage large documents – scan, print, electronic archival and distribution. Through a network of professional distributors and dealers, they offer high-value hardware, software, services, and solutions to help you do more, faster, more easily.
- The NEW CHROMA TX 40 wide format color scanner incorporates the latest in imaging technology for high-quality, full-color scanning and copying. The 40" wide imaging area handles color posters, architectural renderings, maps, photos, drawings and fine art. With 42-bit color data capture and 14 bit gray-tone capture, the CHROMA TX delivers the best quality and highest rated speeds while supporting four-linear CCD’s. Three lines for standard RGB scanning and a special panchromatic line ensures no color shades are lost when scanning monochrome.
- The COUGAR 36" wide format color scanner incorporates state-of-the-art imaging technology for unmatched full color scanning and copy quality. This scanner offers a cost-effective solution for reprographics, graphic arts, GIS and CAD professionals worldwide. The COUGAR opens new possibilities for Sign companies, Pre-press shops and labs, Copy shops, POP/Exhibit/Display providers, Mapping, Architectural and Engineering offices.
- JETimage software is designed for Windows 98, 98SE, ME, NT4.0, 2000, XP.
The JETimage interface is designed to make large-format copying easy without compromising the needs of copy professionals—speed, flexibility and production of high-quality color matched copies. With a Contex scanner, a large format printer and JETimage, you get a highly effective, yet easy to operate copy machine.
- WIDEimage Scan Software is a fully integrated scanning, viewing, converting and printing solution for Contex color and monochrome scanners. Its Ultra-fast scan-to-disk capabilities make it the perfect link between your Contex scanner and popular software for graphics, reprographics, GIS, CAD, DTP and Archival. Runs with Windows 98, 98SE, ME, NT4.0, 2000, XP. Visit www.contex.com.
Cortron - Booth #551
Cortron is demonstrating two products at Graphics of the Americas: the eXact 3040 Exposure System and the Cortron Plat Mounter. eXact is a new innovative, high definition exposure system that makes digital quality plates in less time than banklight systems for what it costs to maintain a CTP system for one year. Digital quality at analog prices! Visit www.cortron.com.
COUNT MACHINERY CO. - Booth #951
Tried of sending out your Numbering, Perforating and or Scoring? Then see the Speed Feeder PM that is the newest addition to Count's profitable line of Perforating & Scoring equipment. Add the PerfMaster output unit and make large perf & score jobs a snap. For high-volume complex numbering check out the Number Jet that produces quality numbering images such as bar codes, large number formats, and variable text, also perforate, score and more all in one pass. The Auto-Pro Plus Series is the ideal machine for low to mid volume work. Count on Count to give you cost-effective reasons to keep those Number-Perf-Score jobs-in house. Phone 760-489-1400, www.countmachinery.com.
DAA International - Booth #441
DAA International; will be featuring the following products:
- Genie LaserPlates are imaged on laser printers and go directly to press. They are available in both polyester and paper and by utilizing desk top publishing systems are providing cost effective, first generation printing masters, capable of producing 5,000 to 20,000 quality impressions.
- Genie Premiere Digital Duplicator Masters and Inks for use in most digital duplicator equipment are designed to exceed the quality and performance of those supplies offered by the OEMs. These longer running masters and faster drying inks assure the highest quality and the best value, provide optimum duplicator production.
- Genie & Tomoegawa Brand Electrostatic Masters and Chemistry are continuing to provide fast, low cost and high quality platemaking supplies. While most OEMs are leaving this market and its customers behind to join the electronic generation, DAA International is committed to provide these supplies presently and in the future.
Day International's Image Transfer Group - Booth #437.
A leading manufacturer and supplier of an extensive line of printing and converting products. With its four flagship brands of pressroom products: Varn pressroom chemicals, Day Graphica printing blankets, Kompac Automatic Dampening Systems and Rotec flexographic products, Day International is a one stop source for pressroom needs. Visit www.dayintl.com.
DESIGN-A-CAP - Booth #1990
Design-A-Cap will be introducing a new program designed for the smaller printer, sign shop, or other type graphic business with a high volume of customer traffic. The agent program makes available the service of selling embroidered caps and shirts as easy as 1-2-3. The program also includes screen printing on t-shirts, bags, caps, towels and other items the printer can offer the client. The very attractive POP display with sales/order form is the key to opening the door to the sale.
ExactBind - Booth #1774
ExactBind, the distributor for FastBind perfect binding products, bind both hard and soft cover books as well as vinyl presentations, pads and many coated stocks. Ideal for on-demand, short-medium run book making. Make a custom hard cover book using the H530 in minutes. Visit www.exactbind.com.
Fasnap® Corp. - Booth #357.
Fasnap® Corp., an ISO9002/QS9000 registered company, a leader in the fastening solutions industry, develops innovative new products and provides superior service. Fasnap’s extensive inventory of fasteners includes: hook and loop, webbing, plastic and metal hardware, panel fasteners, shock cord, grommets, snaps, rivets, and much more. Same day shipping is available on all standard items. Phone 800-624-2058,
Ferrell Manufacturing Company - Booth #1531
Bindery and Mailing Carts —new styles and many standard sizes. Special custom styles available. Welded construction to guarantee quality. Ferrell Manufacturing will work with you to help design specialty carts for your specific needs. SHOW SPECIAL: Two for $750.00 of our four standard sizes - 19" x 26", 24" x 32", 24" x 40", 24" x 48" - - - MIX OR MATCH. Visit www.ferrellmanufacturing.com.
Founder Electronics - Booth #237
Founder Electronics will be showing the latest enhancements to its JDF cross-media workflow, RIP, output management, and color proofing solutions. Founder serves the Americas from regional offices in Miami, Florida and Toronto, Canada. Founder solutions include: its fast PostScript level 3 EagleRIP outputting to a cost-effective Cron polyester CTP machine; EagleProof it’s high-quality color proofing system; and ElecRoc, the company’s ‘open’ browser-based JDF PDF workflow solution.
- EagleRIP - high performance software RIP: is a new generation PostScript 3 RIP, running under Windows NT and Windows 2000. It connect to a variety of output devices, including imagesetters and platesetters from Agfa, ECRM, Dainippon Screen, Creo and Heidelberg (formerly Linotype-Hell and Ultre) as well as inkjet proofing devices from HP, Encad and Epson. Some of the EagleRIP’s advanced features include multiple workflow support, PDF1.3 as well as PostScript 3, an ultra- fast screen preview and support for various file formats including PS, EPS, PDF and TIFF.
- EagleBlaster - enhances the performance of large format output devices by allowing multiple RIPs to drive a single printer. EagleBlaster will output screened raster TIFF files to any one of a 100 plus popular output devices and includes CCITT G3/G4, Packbits, LZW compression schemes as well as No Compress.
- ElecRoc - is an open architecture JDF-based workflow, consisting of four key technologies: JDF, XML database, PDF, and the Internet. The core standard job ticket is a JDF file while the digital page format is PDF. ElecRoc will create the flexibility and extensibility for complete workflow management including job creation, pre-press, press and post-press. Through JDF it will link with many other systems including JDF enabled MIS, Accounting and e-Commerce solutions.
Visit: www.founder.com.cn , or contact Andrew Jason at: [email protected]
German Graphics, USA - Booth #1010
German Graphics USA is one of the world's leading suppliers of expertly reconditioned and late model quality bookbinding equipment. We established a new rebuilding center for Muller-Martini, Kolbus, Hang, Stahl, MBO, Hsrauf, Polar and Wohlenberg print finishing machines in Atlanta, Georgia. It also includes a showroom and a training center. Visit www.germangraphics.com.
GLUEFAST COMPANY, NEPTUNE, NJ - Booth #1668
Will introduce their newest product, the GLUE RITER, an innovative pen-like product designed for photo framing professionals. The GLUE RITER works with Gluefast's PAT (Pressurized Adhesive Tank) and makes mounting prints to matts easier, safer and more cost efficient than ever. Call (800) 242-7318, or visit their web site: www.gluefast.com.
GMC - Booth #114
- GMC PrintNet T Transactional Software is an all-in-one tool for layout, variable and fixed data processing, and printing of invoices, statements, and other applications. Complete platform independence seamlessly and efficiently links design and production workflow. Design capabilities include layout verification, variable page selection, object rotation, and transparent resource management.
- GMC Printnet Web Proofing allows PrintNet jobs to be displayed via Internet browser for viewing by clients without requiring PrintNet software at the reviewer’s location. Online proofs are rendered using the same powerful PrintNet engine that drives production images. Job monitoring tracks all users who work on a document. Visit www.gmc.net.
Go 4 Color - Booth #1062
Go 4 Color is a full color card specialist to the trade. Specializing in high quality CMYK cards. 1000 4/0 or 4/1 business cards $59, 4x6 Postcards $125. 4/4 Cards are printed on a bi-weekly turnaround and color on the back is $30. Cards are printed on a 5 color Heidelberg offset press on 12 pt. cornwall c 2/s with a UV coating on the front. Visit www.1000cards.net.
Goss - Booth #569
Goss will demonstrate the new 35,000iph speed Community SSC press This product offers updated features such as:
- Goss motorized circumferential register package and sidelay package with optional interface to closed loop register scanner and automatic registration control system
- Remote motorized ink-key fountain
- Integrated console suite with touch-screen monitors
- Ten-web SSC folder available
- Clean and modern looking unit op-side covers and enclosed safety folder housing
Graphic Web Systems USA, Inc. - Booth #251
For technical advanced turnkey projects, or simply acting as an intermediary. Helping customers to make the most cost-effective long-term web offset investment. They also work as a consultant, creating the match between supply and demand. From locating the right used equipment, to dismantling, transport, rebuilding, upgrading, reconfiguration, installation and commissioning - all on a turnkey basis.
G.T. Specialties - Booth #983
For those hear to find grippers let G.T. Specialties re-condition your old grippers and pads or make new ones that are Diamond coated, Machine grooved or Urethane coated for all leading offset presses like Komori,Heidelberg, Man Roland, Planeta, Miller TP 104, Ryobi and other presses. Visit www.gt-specialties.com.
GTI - Booth #368
GTI will exhibit Graphiclite D5000 color viewing systems for critical color evaluation and presentation. Products on display include the re-designed Soft-View and TRV viewers featuring state-of-the-art electronics, CVX large format viewing stations, EVS-2540 & EVS-2028 compact viewing stations, PDV Professional Desktop Viewers, GLX transparency viewers, and PVS/TR portable viewing system. Visit www.gtilite.com.
Hologram Industries - Booth #1703
A French company, founded in 1984, Hologram Industries is specialized in the creation, production and sales of optical security components, usually called holograms. Their products are dedicated to the protection of fiduciary and identity documents, and brand protection. With very unique origination, they provide efficient visual authentication, which is strengthened with the support combined with several security features. They also offer a wide range of products including Optofoil® hot stamping films, Optoseal® transparent laminates and Optoproof® self-adhesive labels. Tel : + 33 164 76 32 00, www.hologram-industries.com
Hue Color Systems - Booth #1831
Hue Color Systems provides automated ink dispensers and color blending solutions to both ink manufacturers and large commercial printers. They represent Vale-Tech, Ltd. of England offering their complete line of Dispensers and programmable balance scales. Hue also represents De Ruiter Graphics’semi-automated equipment for the smaller volume niche of the market. These products include hand dispensers that use compressed air; a 12 station mixing carousel for plastic and corrugated cartridges for blending colors; single can vacuum sealing machines (for 1 and 2.5 Kilo cans) and electronic mixers (for 1 and 2.5 kg cans).
Hurst Chemical - Booth #831
Hurst will feature SmartPlate Suite - Camera Replacement Software System. Designed for the small offset press, allows users to go directly from a scanned imaged output to a SmartPlate via an HP LaserJet 5000/5100 laser printer. Coupled with a high resolution scanner, SmartPlate Suite turns a PC into a platemaking station. Scan multiple levels of line screen on one pass, scan graphics and text at the same time and designate the lpi desired. Scan an image, make color separations, step and repeat for a 10 up business card. Adjust halftones for levels of gray. Do this and so much more. SmartPlate Suite eliminates the analog portion of pre-press departments. All this for under $5,000.00. Call 800-723-2004, www.hurstchemical.com.
InteliCoat Technologies / Magic Brand Digital Imaging Media - Booth #1421
At InteliCoat Technologies’ booth, the following new products will be on display:
- Magic® Ink Jet Floor Graphics Package – Ideal for indoor point-of-purchase, brand or product advertising in retail environments, the Magic brand floor graphics product features a matched component system consisting of a 5-mil adhesive backed vinyl and a slip-resistant overlaminate. It is formulated for use with a wide range of ink jet printers, including the HP5000 UV, Encad GO, Colorspan and Roland printers, and is also compatible with the Xerox X2.
- Magic® PRINTLAM – This printable laminate features a dual purpose adhesive/ image-receptive coating offering a single step finishing solution for indoor/ outdoor promotional and display graphics. Designed for step- and money- saving photorealistic imaging applications such as trade show graphics, promotional signs and posters, PRINTLAM’s distinct advantage is that it requires only a single mounting-finishing step – print on the image-receptive side and then mount on a rigid substrate.
- Magic® Mural Pro -is a latex based ink jet wall covering media ideal for residential, hospitality, commercial and retail design. The product offers excellent image quality and wet expansion, while providing for superior interior design and art applications at a low cost.
- 54" Grand Format - Magic® brand grand format substrates are now available in 54 inch widths. The new 54 inch grand format papers have been specially formulated to work with the new solvent ink jet printers from Mimaki, Mutoh, DGI and Apache.
- Magic® TSG-12 - designed to be the superior product for trade show graphic applications, Magic® TSG – 12 is a 12 mil polycarbonate film that provides excellent adhesion to all white vinyl backing materials and produces vibrant graphics with both dye and pigmented inks.
- Magic® Lotak-7 – is a polypropylene banner with a low tack pressure sensitive adhesive that is repositionable and removable. The product is an excellent short-term option to using PSA vinyl that has a permanent adhesive and is compatible with a wide variety of ink jet printers. Visit www.magicinkjet.com.
Jalema - Booth #368
Jalema will be displaying its "Grafi-System", the modular/flexible Vertical Filing System features one point suspension Job-Files (with dual compartment) hang from T-bar to store & retrieve film, artwork, proofs, etc … easily identified with Color-Coding. The new CD Filing System is also available for media/digital storage. www.jalema.com.
Jardis Industries Inc. - Booth #490
Jardis Industries Inc. will display a full line of auxiliary pressroom equipment. Highlights of the exhibit are the FP series flying Paster and ZS series zero speed Splicer. Jardis also provides a complete line of productivity enhancements such as pneumatic throw offs, motorized register controls Infeeds and ribbon decks. Visit www.jardis.com.
Joseph Betton Company - Booth #232
Joseph Betton specializes in used printing presses of all makes with distribution throughout the world. On hand at the show will be a list of previously owned printing machines which are available for purchase. Visit www.betton.com.
Kamadur N.V. - Booth #130
Kamadur N.V. is a manufacturer of knives for the printing-paper and converting industries. The manufacturing program of Kamadur consists of: straight knives up to a length of 177 inches and circular knives up to a diameter of 20 inches. Kamadur also offers a complete range of cuttingsticks, paperdrills, wash-uo blades, and rules for cutting, perforation and creasing. www.kamadur.com.
Keencut - Booth #268
Keencut designs and manufactures a broad range of specific and general purpose cutting machines for the many different and difficult materials used in the graphic, sign and reprographic industries. Equipment presented will include the Excalibur 5000 multi substrate cutter, Javelin Extreme Accuracy and Practik General Purpose Large Format cutters and Technic Advanced Rotary Cutters in both table top and table edge versions.
- New products being presented include the Technic OE,open-ended rotary cutter allowing materials to be cut in lengths longer the individual cutter sizes available at 40", 60", 80", 100" and 120". Also new to the show is the Sabre General Purpose Cutter complete with it's own integral aluminum base, an innovative hinge and lift arm mechanism and capable of cutting a variety of substrates up to 1/2".
King Business Forms - Booth #180
- KingSeal Mailing System - King Business Forms will show how businesses with digital copiers/printers and presses can generate new revenue using a KingSeal Mailing System to create a mail piece from the document itself. KingSeal mailer forms are compatible with all printer types, and when combined with folding/sealing units provide efficient, quick, and confidential mail processing system.
- Direct Mail - King Business Forms will demonstrate how their process color and multi-color capabilities can help you obtain Direct Mail business. Attention getting features include embossing, varnishing, and affixing labels.
Konik - Booth #721
The largest supplier of used Heidelberg Printing Presses from Miami to Latin America will have a large exhibit in the in the main aisle across from Heidelberg. Konik will be displaying their complete line of pre-press, press and finishing equipment including the new Platinum CTP line. Call (305) 597-4456 or www.konik.net
LABELBLANK Corporation - Booth #404
LABELBLANK Corporation is a leading manufacturer of label products for offset, laser, inkjet, computer pin-fed printers, copiers and high-speed printers, offering over 9,000 die-cut label products - one of the most comprehensive selections of quality pressure sensitive products available anywhere. Extensive custom capabilities, label printing, specialty label products, large size sheets and scored sheets are available. Over 100 facestocks and hundreds of shapes and sizes are offered. The excellent feed properties and temperature resistant adhesives of LABELBLANK labels eliminate costly oozing and jamming problems. Facestocks include many whites, fluorescents, brilliant and pastel colors, parchments, black, brown kraft, clears, films and colored foils.
- LABELBLANK's electronic imaging line has been expanded to include many new facestocks. Many new shapes and sizes have been added, including new pin-fed and postal wafer seals, as well as new CD ROM and DVD labels, mailing labels and ZipTM Disk.
- LABELBLANK labels to be made of only top-quality materials and adhesives for smooth, easy printing and processing. Various packaging options are also offered.
- Brochures are published in English, Spanish and French and feature actual facestock samples. Call 708-534-9600).
Lamitech - Booth #1407
Lamitech will be displaying their full line of paperboard products, including chipboard, pasted chipboard, poster board, card stock, and boxboard. Founded in 1943, Lamitech-Daving is the worldwide leader in the manufacturing of innovative paperboard based products
- Announcing Jetboard - an inexpensive rigid media designed for direct ink jet printing. The paper based board is 100% recycle able and extremely durable. This durability and crush resistance makes it ideal for indoor POP signage. It is solid white and available in two types of coatings. Satin – Bright white matte finish with high opacity on one side. The consistent surface results in fast production speeds at a low cost. Mirror - The extremely high gloss finish on one side makes it ideal for direct printing of high quality photo images without the need to laminate. Call 781-878-7708,
Larry & Associates inc. - Booth #771
Larry & Associates will be featuring the graphic wizard numbering/ perforating / scoring & slitting machines.
- Pro Cut paper cutters (23", 26.5" & 32"), t-51 second color heads (for all offset presses)
- Pro Print 4750 & r2sh (true 2 color) offset presses, and much much more.
LDR International - Booth #1595
LDR International distributes the Shinohara line of presses in the Western United States as well as its full offering of bindery equipment: Itoh Cutters, Kudo Joggers and Shoei Folders, and Standard Horizon finishing and binding equipment.
- Shinohara 52/2P two-color press features the ability to provide large ink solids, print at 13,000 impressions per hour, and print four color work with perfect registration
- The new Shinohara 75/4P four-color press with in-line aqueous coating provides faster make-readies via semi-automatic plate changing, the most modern press console, and the ability to print and coat in one pass.
- The new Shinohara 52/4P - 14"x20" four-color press features a complete package for automation, including: semi-automatic plate changing, automatic blanket washers, ink roller cleaning, remote color console with digital register including plate cocking, and CIP3/4 interface to platesetters for downloading ink key profiles. Shinohara software performs automatic pre-inking for the next scheduled job. Call 800)-278-5123, www.LDR.com.
MAN Roland Inc. - Booth #741
MAN Roland Druckmaschinen AG is the world's second largest printing press manufacturer and the world's market leader in web press and newspaper printing technology. (Every third newspaper produced in the world is printed on a MAN Roland press.) MAN Roland produces web and sheetfed offset presses as well as digital printing systems for commercial printers, newspaper printers, publishers, packaging producers, quick printers and in-plant shops.
- The focal point of their GOA exhibit will be the DICOweb, the only offset quality press capable of printing without plates. An actual press will be joined in the pavilion by a ROLAND 500 unit and by displays covering such essentials as parts and service, project management and MAN Roland’s PECOM operating system.
- The DICOweb will be the subject of a special presentation that will alternately be conducted in English and Spanish. Experts also will be on hand for live demonstrations of MAN Roland’s PECOM system, with emphasis on its JobPilot and PressMonitor modules.
- JobPilot lets an operator makeready a MAN Roland press while the previous job is in progress.
- PressMonitor provides a statistical window into the operation of the press, detailing virtually ever function. Visit www.manroland.com.
MBM Corporation - Booth #195
Programmability is the key word in MBM’s finishing equipment at the GOA show. On display will be the Triumph 25.5" 6550-EP Cutter, the Triumph Tabletop 430-EP Cutter, and the F-45N Automatic Friction Folder that recalls up to 27 custom folds at the touch of one button. Call 800-223-2508, Fax: 843-552-2974, www.mbmcorp.com.
Muller Martini Corporation - Booth #787
Muller Martini is the world’s leading producer of finishing solutions for commercial printers, newspapers and trade binderies. They are also the top manufacturer of OnDemand Web Offset Presses™. Headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, with facilities throughout America, Muller Martini Corp. serves as the nation’s expert source of bindery and printing know-how, providing innovative systems, targeted training and responsive service to printers and binderies from coast-to-coast.
-At GOA, Muller Martini will show how stitching & perfect binding can build new business with their Valore saddle stitcher and its AmigoPlus perfect binder with the focus on how these affordable systems can build business for the printers and binderies that install them. The Valore and AmigoPlus systems at Graphics of the Americas will be producing finished products at their top operating speeds.
- Valore is a 6,000 copies/hour saddle stitcher that delivers a host of automated advantages at an affordable price. Its features include:
- Flat pile feeders that load easily and run continuously.
- The ability to produce a variety of formats and printed products.
- A cover folder feeder that makes book production a one-pass operation.
- Flying stitching heads for tight and precise stitches.
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) that guides operators through set-up and provides real-time trouble shooting advice. The ability to produce high quality books — tightly compressed and trimmed on three sides.
- The AmigoPlus is a 1,500 copies/hour perfect binding system designed for short run commercial bookbinding, sample production and books-on-demand. Like the Volare, it packs a long list of features into an affordable, compact finishing system:
- Can be run by a single operator to keep costs down.
- Bottom feeding cover feeder with four-line scoring delivers crisp results.
- Precise glue application and true side gluing produces durable products.
- Exclusive backbone preparation tools assure unsurpassed strength of the book even when running coated stock and heavy ink coverage. Short run bookbinding operations can now compete with quality previously only achieved on big perfect binders.
- Heavy-duty nipping results in tight, square backbones.
- PLC system simplifies set-up and streamlines production. Visit 1-888-2-Muller,
Océ - Booth #1319
- Océ Arizona 500: With Print & Go and IR. The Océ Arizona 500, a 75-inch, solvent-based, six-color high speed production ink jet printer, is now configured with two new features: Print & Go and infrared drying system. The Print & Go accessory incorporates an alternative media exit path and an external take-up reel for "roll-to-sheet" capability, giving customers access to printed graphics without stopping the printer to unweb the machine. The new infrared (IR) system speeds drying and increases the choice of media that can be used. Prints emerge ready for finishing or mounting immediately after printing even at high print speeds and with heavy ink coverage.
- Océ Arizona 90: For Promotional Outdoor Graphics. Based on the market leading Océ Arizona 180, the Océ Arizona 90 offers the same familiar operation, in a promotional model. The Océ Arizona 90 uses very cost-effective solvent-based Océ Arizona 1700 inks to create limited term outdoor graphics. With a print speed of up to 90 square feet per hour, the Océ Arizona 90 is well suited to produce graphics for exhibits, sporting and community events, seasonal promotions, and time specific advertising campaigns. The Océ Arizona 90 can be field-upgraded to an Océ Arizona 180.
- Océ Arizona 30-s: Two-thirds Faster, Same Price. The new Océ Arizona 30-s offers a two thirds increase in the production print speed of the original Océ Arizona 30, with no increase in list price. With a print speed of nearly 30 square feet per hour in four-pass mode, this 64-inch, six-color, solvent-based sign printer is ideal for small- and medium sized sign establishments that do not require high volume printing. The Océ Arizona 30-s uses specially formulated 3M Inks which, when paired with select 3M vinyl films, are backed by a 3M warranty of up to three years outdoors without an overlaminate, or up to five years with an overlaminate.
- Onyx 5.6: Dynamic Workflow Solutions for Digital Print Environments. Onyx offers new levels of professional Color Production Software to suit the various needs of different and ever-changing digital print environments. With version 5.6, Onyx offers three levels: Onyx RIPCenterTM for low volume environments; Onyx PosterShop® for the midsize shop, and Onyx ProductionHouseTM for users requiring a single, full featured workflow solution that will keep their printers running top speed while automating the majority of production processes. Upgrade paths ensure users can add features without sacrificing productivity. For more information, visit www.onyxgfx.com or call 801.568.9900. www.oceusa.com.
On Demand Digital Paper - Booth # 122
On Demand Digital Paper is a specialty paper converter dedicated to the digital printing market. We convert and sell paper and substrates tested and guaranteed to run on your digital press. Whether you have a wide-format inkjet printer, a Indigo Press a Xeikon Engine Press, or a Color Laser Printer, we have the products for you. Visit www.ondemandpaper.com.
Presstek Inc. - Booth #1402
Presstek is the leading developer of digital laser imaging and chemistry free plate technologies for the printing and graphic arts industries. Marketed to world-leading press manufacturers and directly to end users, Presstek's patented DI®, CTP, and plate products eliminate the use of photographic darkrooms, film, and processing chemicals. While reducing turnaround time and lowering production costs.
- Presstek will feature a Dimension200 CTP system and a Ryobi 3404DI digital offset press. Presstek distributors Perez Trading (Booth #611) and Xpedx (Booth #401) will also be demonstrating chemistry free Dimension CTP systems.
- Chemistry free CTP - Dimension CTP systems and Anthem thermal plates offer a chemistry free workflow, daylight-safe operation, a compact footprint, and a number of easy-to-use features that increase productivity. Anthem plates, which provide run lengths up to 100,000, require only a simple rinse with water after imaging and they are ready to print. The waste and chemicals are eliminated from the CTP workflow. Two -, four - and eight - page systems are available.
- Digital Printing with the Quality of Offset - The environmentally friendly Ryobi 3404DI satisfies the demand for short run four-color printing applications. The auto-print system streamlines the entire printing process, from plate advancing and imaging to printing. Users achieve faster turnaround times and greater labor savings. Precise on-press laser imaging combined with a central impression cylinder and single gripper system results in perfect registration every time. The Ryobi 3404DI's user-friendly design achieves easy operation, offers flexible, cost-effective performance for short run color jobs, and paves the way for new opportunities in short run color printing. Call 603-595-7000, Email: [email protected], www.presstek.com, www.DIdirectory.com
Primarc - Booth #227
Primarc is a mfg. of UV curing lamps. These lamps are used to initiate the
curing reaction for ultraviolet curable inks and coatings. Primarc has been providing lamps to the enduser (commercial printer/coater), value added distributor and curing system OEM for over 30 years. They maintain two mfg. facilities, one in Phillipsburg, NJ and one in Slough, England, producing a full-line of curing lamps including Medium Pressure Mercury Vapor, Mercury/Metal Halide and Microwave (electrode less). This is Primarc’s inaugural visit to GOA . Knowledgeable Spanish speaking professionals will be staffing their booth. Call 908-454-5241, Fax: 908-454-8448, www.primarcuv.com
Printing Association of Florida - Booth #809
Learn about the exciting, new national printing industry awareness campaign, "Print - The Original Information Technology," in which the PAF has taken a leading role. This is the theme of PAF's booth. You'll discover how this innovative initiative will benefit you.
- Find out how you can enjoy significant savings through PAF's sales tax exemptions especially for Florida printers.
- Receive an opportunity to take home a Florida panther - a limited edition lithograph by the world-famous wildlife artist, Lionell Barnett.
- Obtain complete show information from PAF, sponsors of the show.
- Browse the GATF bookstore containing the latest information for graphic arts companies by the leading experts in the world.
- See the latest version of GAIN - the Internet source delivering instant access to critical industry specific information.
- Visit the PAF members-only lounge where you'll enjoy refreshments and interact with your peers. Call 800-749-4855 or (305) 558-4855 ext. 10, www.pafgraf.org.
Printcafe - Booth #256
Printcafe offers industry-leading print management solutions to automate all areas of your business and enable a true Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) environment, including: Hagen OA, Logic SQL, PSI, PrintSmith, Auto-Count (Direct Machine Interface), PrintFlow, dynamic scheduling; PrinterSite Internal, sales force mobilization tool; Press and Prepress Connectors. Call 800-875-7117, www.printcafe.com.
PrintSmith - Booth #258
PrintSmith operates on all Windows and Macintosh platforms. PrintSmith handles estimating, invoicing, work-in-progress and much more. PrintSmith Site is an e-commerce system that is integrated with PrintSmith that generates online orders and quotes. Call 800-426-4963, www.printsmith.com.
Rogers Corporation - Booth #1752/1754
Rogers Corporation provides offset dampening sleeves for precise water control and lint free, fast and easy installation - available for all presses.
o Rogers R/bak SA 2000 cushion mounting tapes offer different compressibility levels to accommodate a full range of printing applications. The difference is the cushion! Dealers worldwide. Call 860-779-5595, Fax: 860-779-5509, www.rogerscorporation.com
Rollem Corporation - Booth #761
Rollem Corporation is featuring systems that do numbering, perforating and scoring as well as slitting and drilling. Specialty systems range in size from 14" to 24 " widths for numbering perforating and scoring. They also have various perf-score slit systems that range in width up to 42" and are customized to the specific customer needs. Various feeding systems are available on all systems that include shallowpile vacuum , deep-pile vacuum and fan-fold. Visit www.rollemusa.com.
Scitex Digital Printing, Inc. - Booth #189
Scitex Digital Printing offers high-speed, monochrome or color digital printing solutions for applications ranging from addressing, personalization and variable messaging, to forms, direct mail, and bill and statement printing. The new Dijit Passport 4300 and Dijit Liberty 7122 printing systems extend the benefits of image quality, speed, and low per image costs to printers with high resolution and non-aqueous substrate needs. Phone: 937-259-3640, Fax: 937-259-3385, www.scitexdpi.com.
Standard Finishing - Booth #771
Standard will show the new Standard Horizon BQ-270 automated perfect binder. This binder premiered at Graph Expo '02 and is just now commercially available. Call 978-470-1920, x244, www.standardfinishing.com
Stora Enso North America Booth # 2191
Stora Enso North America is North America's leading producer of coated and supercalendered printing papers for the printing and publishing industries with eight mills in North America. Highlighted at the show is their premium grade Centura, industry standard Productolith and a full line of Digital Papers. Call 203-356-2348, Fax: 203-356-2425, www.storaenso.com.
UEC Corporation - Booth #1611
UEC Corporation, established in 1995 and serving Latin America, Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean through a Network of Dealers, is the Distributor for:
- Polly Sheetfed Presses, size A2 and B2 –á Kompac Dampening Systems (Booth #437)
- Weihai Presses, size B3 and below – scheduled for GOTA 2004
- Adast Sheetfed Presses, size A2, B3, B3
- Printflow Technologies, DIPS – digital ink preset system, ScanStation – plate scanning, color measurement and control, automatic register control, Inkdot – remote control registers, ThinkCut – programmable systems for guillotines
- ProCut Guillotines size 23.5", 26.5", and 32.5" (Booth 771). Call 203-785-1808, 787-779-2900, Email: [email protected]
Vencol International, Inc. - Booth #118
Vencol is proud to present the RAPID-PLATE CTP system. Rapid-Plate CTP is an excellent alternative to replacing the long pre-press process by using polyester plates that are processed thru a laser printer. The system includes plates and chemistry necessary to minimize this processes between the designer and the offset press.
VUTEk® - Booth #1711
VUTEk is featuring its super fast UltraVu® 2360 FC, which prints up to 6.7 feet (2 meters) in width, with 360 dpi resolution, on a wide variety of substrates. The 2360 is ideal for producing high quality, high production value output. Call 603-279-6873, www.vutek.com.
Water InkTechnologies - Booth #1855
Water Ink Technologies introduces a new coin-reactive coating for security, amusement and consumer product applications. This specialty coating remains invisible until rubbed with a coin, which causes the printed message or design to become visible. Water Ink Technologies, a supplier of water based and UV flexo inks and coatings, also offers a wide variety of specialty inks and coatings. For more information call 800-426-4657 or www.waterinktech.com.
Web Press Corporation - Booth #2037
Web Press Corporation will highlight the Quad-Stack 4 over 4 color printing unit. This unit produces four colors on each side of the page. It is compact in size (only 8.5' for the floor model) and can be added to most existing single width press lines (Goss, Harris, King, etc.) WPC also manufactures a color CIC unit, single units, folders, and rollstands. Visit www.wpcorp.biz.
Webtech Inc. - Booth #1888
Webtech, Inc. is a full-service manufacturer of hot stamp foils and heat transfers. Their product line includes rotogravure, flexographic and silk-screen printed heat transfers. The company offers turnkey hot-stamp systems, foil and equipment to decorate various types of substrates and configurations. Bright metabolized printed label and designs are also available. Visit www.webtech-hts.com.
Winsted Thermographers Inc. & Envelope Mfg.. - Booth #1731
Winstead will be featuring a new line of custom, hand made Invitations for weddings and Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. Also being displayed is their commercial catalogue featuring thermographed cards and stationery from 1 to 4 color and laser safe thermography with 100% guarantee. Another catalogue price sheet of envelope manufacturing and converting items from 1 to 4 color process. Also being featured are large size envelopes, such as 9" x 12" and 10" x 13". Reputed to be the only company in South Florida manufacturing these sizes on premises. Visit www.winsted-thermo.com
xpedx - Booth #401
Visit xpedx for a variety of graphic arts equipment and supplies, including pre- and post-press products from industry leaders including Artworks Systems, Azerty, Esche-Grad, ECRM Maco II, UltimateTechnologies, PICIES, Presstek and Kodak. Also featured: xpedx Paper & Graphics stores designed for printers needing supplies and small equipment in a hurry. Visit www.xpedx.com.
X-Rite - Booth #369
X-Rite headlines with a host of new products, including ATD and ATS Auto-Tracking Densitometers, X-RiteColor Ensemble Systems for ICC profiling, 500 Series Handheld Spectrodensitometer, 939 Portable 0°/45° Spectrodensitometer and Version 5.0 of X-RiteColor® Master Formulation and Quality Assurance Software. Stop by Booth #369 and enter to win a 530 Spectrodensitometer, www.xrite.com.
Yupo Corporation - Booth #450.
Yupo Corporation is celebrating its 5th anniversary this year in North America and invites attendees to learn more about YUPO paper and products.
- New YUPO IML™ is a premium synthetic labeling paper with lower adhesion temperatures for reduced shot cycle times of 7-15%. The improved synthetic’s lower adhesion temperature enables a decrease in operating temperatures, reducing energy costs for converters. Beyond efficiency benefits, the new IML performs consistently and maintains shape and volume control.
- To ensure a smooth transition to the new grade, Yupo’s technical and customer service teams will work closely with in molders, printer and converters. The company’s direct shipping channel provides reliable delivery of product, enabling printers and bottle molding professionals to meet critical product-to-market deadlines.