New council taps supplier executives from all printing industry segments to advise association
Fairfax, Va. – In an unprecedented move, the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA) has created a Suppliers and Manufacturers Council (SMC), an elite group of industry leaders who will advise the association on issues and concerns related to the future success of their companies, their customers and, more importantly, the printing industry.
“The SMC will reflect the ever-changing diversity of the industry and provide an important voice from the supplier community,” said Ford Bowers, President & CEO, SGIA. “It’s strategically important for keeping with SGIA’s larger, community-based approach.”
The SMC also gives supplier and manufacturer members an opportunity for peer-to-peer interaction and advice in selected areas including event participation, access to customers and new markets, industry research, legislative affairs and advocacy, training programs and talent acquisition.
“We’re relying on the SMC for their industry experience and knowledge as well as their desire to play a pivotal role in helping shape the future direction of the industry and our association,” said Bowers.
“This council gives SGIA a unique opportunity to look at how these rapidly converging markets of applications and technologies are impacting the industry and where an increasing number of customers are now looking for us to help them enter new market segments. The SMC represents our first and best opportunity to really leverage this association and the PRINTING United partnership between SGIA and NAPCO Media to help define the future,” said newly appointed SMC Chairman Andrew Oransky, President, Roland DGA Corporation.
The SMC is designed to represent the convergence taking place in the printing industry. Members include executives from segments including commercial print/publications, in-plant printers, package printing, wide-format and graphics, garment decoration and functional printing:
- Andrew Oransky (SMC Chairman), President, Roland DGA Corporation
- Danny Sweem, CEO, The M&R Companies
- Kimberly Daugherty, President, Advanced Color Solutions
- Carleen Gray, CEO, Stahls’
- Heather Poulin, Director — Strategic Planning & Business Development, Ricoh USA
- Ken VanHorn, Vice President — Marketing and Operations, Mimaki
- Chris Raney, President, Baumer HHS
- Ken Ingram, President, Screen Americas
- Frank Tückmantel, Vice President — Corporate Marketing, EFI
- Michael LaBella, Commercial Director — Inks & Industrial Colors, Sensient
- Larry Moore, Vice President — NA Partner Programs, Esko
- Michael Abergel, Executive Vice President & Managing Director, MGI
- Scott Fisher, President, Fisher Textiles
- Eric Tischer, President, Verseidag
- Kay Fernandez, Senior Vice President — Marketing, Konica Minolta
- Michael Sanders, Director — Printable Textiles & Finishing Technology, Top Value Fabrics
- Jacki Hudmon, Senior Vice President — New Business Development, Komori
- David Wilkins, Vice President — Sales and Marketing, Xeikon