Denver, Colo. – Quark Software Inc. released today the October Update for QuarkXPress 2018. With this update, QuarkXPress 2018 now officially supports the new macOS Mojave, released by Apple on September 24, and adds a “dark theme” to seamlessly integrate on macOS 10.14. Additionally, it now supports Windows 10 October 2018 Update and adds additional features.
The new free update addresses additional known issues, dramatically increases performance on macOS and Windows 10, and adds additional features wished by customers worldwide:
- Increased performance: Additional multi-threading on macOS and Windows using Asynchronous Image Rendering to increase the responsiveness of QuarkXPress documents so users can start working instantly when opening large documents or when complex PDFs are being placed.
- Automatic Fit & Fill Attribute for Image Scaling: Keeps images automatically adjusted to the picture box if it is resized.
- Enhanced HTML5 Publications (progressive web apps): Text with drop shadows are exported as live text (to enable full text search), increased accessibility score and rendering of pages is now even faster.
- Dark Theme: To make the experience on Mojave seamless, the October Update adds a “dark theme” on macOS.
- Unicode/OpenType: Enhanced Unicode features like orthographic syllable boundaries and conjunct creation, support for Unicode 10 and Stylistic Set 0 support.
- PDF Accessibility: PAC tool compliance.
- And more
QuarkXPress 2018 Pro available in Mac App Store now
In addition to supporting macOS Mojave, QuarkXPress 2018 is now available in the Mac App Store as “QuarkXPress 2018 Pro” for a special introductory price of $299.99. To learn more about the differences between QuarkXPress 2018 and the Mac App Store Pro version read the FAQ here.
Free for QuarkXPress 2018 users
The update is for both Mac and Windows versions of QuarkXPress 2018 and free for all current QuarkXPress 2018 users. It can be downloaded using the built-in Auto Updater in QuarkXPress or downloaded here: https://www.quark.com/Support/Downloads/.
Attention QuarkXPress Users on Versions 3 to 10 and 2015
Please note that Quark does not provide support for QuarkXPress 2015 (or lower) anymore. To avoid any issues, users using QuarkXPress 3 to 10 or QuarkXPress 2015 who plan to migrate to macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave, should upgrade to QuarkXPress 2018 before migrating their macOS. Find more about our current Font Bundle offer which adds 12 professional Fontsmith typefaces worth more than $1500.
Special QuarkXPress 2018 Bundle Offer – Receive fonts worth more than $1500
Now is the perfect time to buy or upgrade to QuarkXPress 2018. Quark is offering the new Font Bundle. The limited-time bundle offer allows users with any version of QuarkXPress – versions 3 through 2017 – who upgrade to QuarkXPress 2018 to receive a package of 12 professional Fontsmith typefaces worth more than $1500 for FREE.
The Fontsmith Bundle is available until 30 November 2018 with every new full version ($849/£725) or upgrade ($185 from version 2017; $399 from versions 3 to 2016) to QuarkXPress 2018 and also with Non-Profit licenses and Education licenses. To find out more about the offer please visit: http://content.quark.com/fontsmith-bundle-en.html.
Switch from InDesign to QuarkXPress and Save 50%
Attention InDesign, CorelDraw, Microsoft Publisher and Photoshop users: Anyone who owns software that competes with QuarkXPress is eligible to purchase a full new and upgradeable QuarkXPress 2018 license for just $399 instead of $849. Customers who purchase the Competitive Upgrade will also receive the free Fontsmith typefaces as part of the current Font Bundle promo. Find out more about this competitive upgrade offer.
QuarkXPress 2018 is available for purchase through the Quark Store, from our Quark telesales team or from any of our Authorized Resellers.
Learn more about QuarkXPress 2018: https://www.quark.com/2018.