Visitors to COMPETENCE 18, this year’s Open House event at BOBST, will have the opportunity to witness the future of the printing and converting industries first-hand.
Solutions to some of the key trends facing packaging converters – such as the need for shorter runs, greater versatility, e-commerce and constant innovation – will be presented at the Competence Center of Bobst Mex, Switzerland, June 5-8, 2018. Leaders in the folding carton, corrugated boards and flexible materials industries will gather to see live demonstrations of selected key BOBST machines, and to hear from BOBST Services on some exciting developments.
BOBST is an expert in substrate processing, converting and printing, and the event will highlight several of the company’s most innovative solutions.
- Hot foil stamper
- EXPERTFOIL 142: The only genuine solution for hot foil stamping in format size VI available on the market today – an essential advantage when margins are tight.
- MASTERCUT 145 PER and MASTERCUT 106 PER: The most automated and productive die-cutters on the market. These high-speed machines deliver fast, uninterrupted production and a superb quality of the finished product.
- MASTERFOLD 75 with EASYFEEDER / BATCH INVERTER 4 + CARTONPACK 4 / CASE ERECTOR: The world's fastest, most automated, most versatile and most ergonomic folder-gluer line. It can be set up in minutes and delivers efficient and reliable non-stop production of outstanding quality products.
- MASTERFOLD 230 with GYROBOX XL: With its modular design, single box set-up and superb reliability, this machine is built to last, and it is perfectly placed to meet not only your current production needs, but also any future changes in your business and markets. With GYROBOX XL, it can rapidly produce complex designs in a single pass, particularly e-commerce boxes.
- EXPERTFOLD 110: This extremely versatile folder-gluer allows you to produce an impressive number of box styles in a wide range of materials at speeds of up to 450 meters per minute. Easy to operate, it delivers both striking productivity and boxes of unrivalled quality. SPEEDWAVE 2 can be added, mainly for the production of crash-lock bottom boxes, and dramatically reduces the set-up time and ensures maximum productivity. A range of other modules can be installed, including IMPACK packers.
- EXPERTFOLD 165 and SPEEDPACK fully automatized line: Designed to provide complete control during the folding process, whatever type of corrugated board or litho-laminated boxes you produce. SPEEDPACK is the natural extension of a corrugated folder gluer - delivering perfect and smooth high speed packing, all day, every day. Along with amazing speed, this automated corrugated box packer also offers superb flexibility in its configuration and in the materials and styles it can handle.
In addition, there will be a range of other machine demonstrations available upon request.
- Samples displayed in a dedicated area of the Competence Center will show BOBST’s comprehensive capabilities and process technologies for printing labels, flexible, folding carton and corrugated boards packaging. A selection of samples printed using the Extended Color Gamut (ECG) process will highlight BOBST’s capabilities, including samples from the REVO team in Florence, THQ technology in Lyon and ECG Center of Excellence in Bielefeld. These capabilities are unique in the industry, achieving outstanding results in terms of output quality and workflow efficiency with every printing technology and on different substrates.
- A static module of BOBST M8 LEMANIC inline flexo printing press will be available for viewing. Featuring web widths up to 1070 mm and speeds up to 400 m/min, with option of ink types, drying systems, and reel-to-reel, reel-to-sheet or reel-to-blank, the new web-fed machine is ideally suited to meet the growing demand of the folding carton segment.
As well as seeing the machines and their outputs first-hand, attendees will also have the opportunity to hear about some of BOBST’s unique service offerings:
- Connected Services: The benefits of partnering with BOBST do not finish after a machine is purchased. BOBST is leading innovation of connected services that boost productivity and profitability for owners of BOBST machines. There will be live demonstrations of the entire portfolio of available services.
- Tooling: Exceptional equipment deserves exceptional tooling. BOBST tooling solutions provide optimized productivity on any die-cutter. All tools satisfy the same quality and reliability requirements that underpin our reputation. There will be the opportunity to consult with tooling experts on how to manufacture tools that optimize quality.
- Digital Inspection Table: This is a novel technology designed to drive quality assurance, productivity and virtually remove print production errors. It incorporates digital projection for the proofing of printed sheets and die-cut blanks, whilst providing real-time visual representations to match product with digital proofs. Attendees can find out how it uses HD projectors to illuminate the product sample with quality control imaging, enabling the operator to easily see if quality standards are matched or compromised.
“We are excited to welcome representatives from the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries to our Open House event,” said Jean-Pascal Bobst, CEO. “We believe that the line-up this year offers the most comprehensive line-up of future-ready innovation available in the industry today. For the first time we will showcase substrate processing, printing and converting in one single event, as we believe that the integration of these three processes is key for our clients who each day cope with the new requirements of brand owners. Having all these innovations in one place makes us all very proud to be part of a pioneering organization shaping the future of the packaging industry.”