Honorary title given to extraordinary contributors
Atlanta, Ga. – The following individuals have been named 2018 TAPPI Fellows and will be honored during the annual PaperCon conference in Charlotte, NC, USA. Fellow is an honorary title bestowed upon a small percentage of TAPPI’s membership and is given to individuals who have made extraordinary technical or service contributions to the industry and/or the Association.
- Anitra Collins, Graphic Packaging International, member since 2011, retiring Board Member
- Margaret Gorog, International Paper, member since 1990
- Marko Hakovirta, North Carolina State University, member since 2011, retiring Board Member
- Bruce Janda, InnovaSpec, member since 1980
- Prakash Malla, Thiele Kaolin, member since 1992
- Al Osgood, Sappi North America, member since 1984
- Steve Ottone, Omya, member since 1985
- Nancy Plowman, Nancy Plowman Consulting, member since 1990
- Ed Robie, Retired, member since 1984
Each year, the Association may elect members as TAPPI Fellows in recognition of meritorious service to the Association and the industry. The title Fellow is also conferred upon TAPPI Board chairs, vice chairs, and directors at the end of their terms of office, and upon Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal Awardees and Herman L. Joachim Distinguished Service Recipients.
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the TAPPI Fellows. To formally celebrate this prestigious group, TAPPI is moving the festivity from a luncheon to a dinner that will take place at the Westin Hotel Charlotte on Sunday, April 15, 2018 beginning at 6:15 p.m. EDT.
For more information, please contact Mary Beth Cornell, [email protected] or +1-770-209-7210.