From the debut of the RICOH Pro VC40000 to Neon Pink Toner to Clickable Paper, Ricoh's commitment to solving customer challenges is on full display in Booth 2022
CHICAGO (PRINT 17, Booth #2022), – Ricoh USA, Inc. today announced its plans for PRINT 17, highlighting its investments in the people, processes and technologies that help customers grow their businesses. Attendees are invited to take a look at new and proven offerings for its current and future customers. The company's recently formed Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group's commitment to invest in solutions that help customers achieve graphic greatness, put growth in motion and broaden revenue streams will be on full display at the industry's leading event, PRINT 17, September 10-14.
"This is a uniquely exciting moment in production print history," said John Fulena, Vice President, Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group, Ricoh USA, Inc. "So much is changing, and so many printers are looking for new and creative ways to adapt and thrive. In times of change, customers look to those who know what has worked in the past, what's working now and what is well-positioned to work in the future. We are proud to be that partner for our customers, through our constantly evolving portfolio and our holistic, customer-centric, tailored approach."
Ricoh's digital presses are empowering printers to achieve graphic greatness at PRINT 17 through color, speed, volume, and consulting expertise:
- The RICOH Pro C7110X five-color digital press will be on display boasting expanded 5th color capabilities. At a time when effective print is required to drive differentiation, the eye-catching colors of the RICOH Pro C7110X are a game-changer. The new Neon Pink enhances images, providing crucial highlights or graphic color, even combining with other process shades to create a neon palette that pops on a variety of media, including textured media and synthetics. Ricoh will have a technology display of Ultraviolet Security Red toner which will add an enhanced layer of protection for ticket or pass verification. This security feature only appears when exposed under UV light, helping to reduce fraud. The RICOH Pro C7110X continues to set the pace for color at its price point already available white, clear and neon yellow options.
- The flagship RICOH Pro C9110 is well-suited for users looking to increase turnaround times and take advantage of the higher-volume opportunities its impressive print speed affords them. Printing at 130 ppm on media up to 400 gsm, the powerful press delivers gorgeous color, superior image quality and reliability at high volumes.
- The RICOH Pro 8220 is a high-speed, flexible black and white digital press that empowers users to print 1200 x 4800 dpi VCSEL image quality on thick and coated media. The platform enables printers to achieve maximum monthly volumes of up to one million and features NCR printing, a capability unique at its competitive price point. Additionally, its tight registration and High Capacity Interposer (HCI) help users meet fast turnaround times, even for complex booklet printing jobs.
Ricoh's award-winning continuous feed offerings are designed to help printers put growth in motion. A pioneer in inkjet innovations, Ricoh is fully committed to protecting customers' investments by continuously offering capabilities, performance and operational enhancements that help them maintain competitiveness and relevance in the market.
- On display for the first time in the US is the 2017 MUST SEE 'EM winning RICOH Pro VC40000 continuous feed inkjet platform designed to help customers boost print quality and speed with transactional and direct mail applications. Its high performance digital front end (DFE) empowers digital workplaces with advanced workflow management that makes producing complex, data-driven direct mail and transactional output simple. Ricoh's variable drop-size technology, with three sizes of drop for any pixel, gives 600 dpi applications a perceived resolution of 1,200 dpi.
- The RICOH Pro VC60000 platform is a continuous feed color inkjet printer that helps customers migrate print volume from offset to digital. Handling multiple data streams, including PDF, PostScript, JDF and IPDS, without sacrificing speed, the platform offers 1,200 dpi at 164 fpm or 600 dpi at 492 fpm and supports media weights up to 250 gsm.
Recent enhancements to the RICOH Pro VC60000 help users reduce costs, increase productivity and boost efficiency. These include ink monitoring and estimating tools that help better track usage, the ability to add the Protector Coating to only the areas of the sheet that require resistance during the finishing and mailing process, bypass features on a duplex system that allows for simplex production inline, among others. Read more about these and other advanced features here.
Ricoh's commitment to helping customers broaden revenue streams will also be on display at PRINT 17. At a time when commercial printers are looking for new ways to expand existing partnerships, drive down costs and increase margins, adding wide format is an attractive option. Ricoh works with customers to bring these capabilities to their shops, in terms of hardware, software, training, service and support including:
- Its RICOH Pro L4160 helps customers boost their visibility with big, bold, eye-catching applications such as signs, banners, vehicle wraps and indoor and outdoor displays. With eco-friendly, aqueous latex ink and outstanding seven-color printing, including orange, green and white, the L4160 lowers barriers to entry in wide format and increases profits.
- The EFI Pro 16h LED Wide Format Printer is a versatile hybrid printer that serves flatbed and roll-fed workflows delivering ultimate high-definition imaging for a broad range of wide format applications. Print four-color printing plus white on an extended range of flexible and rigid substrates with saturated colors and smooth gradations. Production-level output speeds yield maximum productivity while LED technology reduces operating costs and lowers environmental footprint.
Ricoh Consulting Services, a dedicated services team that works closely with customers to tailor solutions to their needs, will also be in Booth 2022. Team members will be available on-site to answer questions and engage with attendees to understand how Ricoh can better serve and grow with them.
Additionally, on Monday, September 11, attendees are encouraged to visit Ricoh at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to meet Cal Poly Professor Emeritus, Dr. Harvey Levenson and John Parsons, former Seybold Editorial Director, for a book-signing event. The world of book printing has been changing incredibly fast in recent years, especially with the advent of new and exciting inkjet technologies. Dr. Levenson and Parsons' book, "Introduction to Graphic Communication, Second Edition," leverages Ricoh's Clickable Paper, to open a new frontier in books. Clickable Paper bridges the gap between printed and online content. This solution brings printed content to life, allowing interactive access to digital content via an intuitive interface that doesn't require special markings on the page itself. For printers seeking a low-risk growth strategy that builds on their core business of print, Clickable Paper offers a simple way to deliver electronic marketing materials that create interactive elements, extending print campaign strategies.
Beyond the Booth
The voice of Ricoh's customers will be a focus for the company in and out of its PRINT 17 booth. Starting early, Urban Fulfillment Services' Brett Birky will speak in an OUTLOOK 17 session Sunday, September 10, at 10:50 a.m. about "Transforming Your Business with Inkjet," an area in which Urban has had significant success through its partnership with Ricoh. On Monday, September 11, at noon, AlphaGraphics Lehi will share how expanding their capabilities broadened revenue streams in the session "Go Big or Go Home: How you can successfully grow your business with wide format". Finally, franchisee PIP Livingston will discuss "Why owning a franchise may be the right decision for you" at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 13.
Ricoh is also continuing its sponsorship of and participation in the ever-popular Printerverse at PRINT 17. You can find Ricoh's experts sharing insights on these Printerverse panels.
For more information on Ricoh at PRINT 17, visit www.TakeALookAtRicoh.com or follow along and engage on Twitter via the hashtag #LookAtRicoh. Further details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions for the commercial and industrial print market, can be found by visiting www.ricoh-usa.com/rpp, @RicohProPrint on Twitter and Ricoh USA Production Print on LinkedIn.