Global Product Line Provides Unique Possibilities and New Packaging Concepts
LAS VEGAS - Sappi Limited, a leading producer and supplier of diversified paper and packaging products, will be showing its full range of speciality and packaging grades at the 2017 Pack Expo Las Vegas September 25-27, 2017. Sappi is committed to offering customers high-quality, innovative and sustainable specialty products and solutions via its robust global network.
"We are experts in what we do and a reliable partner when it comes to challenging packaging solutions as well as the manufacturing processes for these types of packaging,” said Mark Odgers, Director of Packaging, Sappi North America. “In light of the high investment levels and significant amount of work that Sappi has put into packaging and speciality papers, we’re excited to share our full product line and what’s next for us at Pack Expo. We are delighted to invite all visitors to stop by to discuss their specific requirements with us."
A recent example of Sappi’s high level of investment includes its announcement in February of a $165 million Paper Machine Rebuild at its Somerset Mill in Skowhegan, Maine. The investment establishes a strong platform for growth in paper-based packaging while maintaining Sappi’s leadership position in the graphic paper market, increasing annual production capacity at this mill to over one million tons per annum. The project is expected to be completed in Spring 2018.
Sappi will feature solutions and information for brand owners, packaging companies, converters, printers, designers and advertising agencies at booth #7579. Highlights include:
- Expanded Range of Functional Papers - The Sappi Guard product range has expanded to include integrated high-barrier paper-based solutions with heat sealability properties. Innovations on display will include the initial results from the recently announced collaboration between Sappi and Felix Schoeller. Together the companies are focusing on sustainable and high-quality alternatives to current barrier solutions.
- Continued Expansion of Sappi’s Range of C1S Label Grades - Sappi expanded its LusterCote product line to include heavyweight options last year, providing superior performance on a wide range of coated one-side (C1S) applications, including litho labels, envelopes, book dust jackets, set up boxes and point-of-purchase displays. This year we have also added a product for banderole. The Parade product line also offers a comprehensive range of facestock and wet glue label papers for a variety of processing options. Sappi recently launched new facestock label papers in the form of Parade Face Stock C1S and Parade Face Stock Vellum, which are suitable for use in self-adhesive label applications such as stickers and price tags.
- Paperboard for a Wide Range of Applications - Sappi will be discussing the exciting opportunities driven by investments in paper based packaging sector and will be presenting its bright white solid bleached board, Algro Design, in a variety of applications.
- Containerboard with Virgin Fiber Topliners - The Fusion virgin fiber liner from Sappi pioneered the field of white coated topliners for corrugated board. Because these topliners use bleached virgin fibers as the raw material, they offer visual benefits as well as considerable strength advantages.
- Range of Flexible Packaging for Specific Applications - Sappi offers a comprehensive range of coated and uncoated papers for food and non-food applications in the field of flexible packaging. These include speciality papers for sachets, bags and wrappers. The speciality papers that are coated on one side are ideal for outer packaging of products requiring high-quality printing. Uncoated varieties lend themselves to inner packaging, foil lamination and pouches.
- Gift Card - Sappi introduced the McCoy Gift Card 28pt to its McCoy product line, providing brand owners with a beautiful and sustainable alternative to plastic gift cards, hotel keys, and the like. Brand owners may now ensure consistency throughout all marketing efforts by using the entire McCoy paper line for their printing needs.
“This year has been very exciting for our Packaging and Speciality business, and we have even more to look forward to, as we continue to expand in 2018. We are eager to showcase new advancements to our product lines at Pack Expo and discussing new opportunities,” said Mark Hittie, Director of Packaging Brands, Sappi North America. “Because we continue to grow our diverse product portfolio, we’re able to help brands stand apart from the crowd year after year. We continue to heavily invest in our infrastructure with a renewed focus on innovation, very high and consistent quality, increased capacity, and a promise to bring breakthrough products to market each year, which is a significant achievement in our industry.”