W+D, the leading direct mail solutions provider will premier several of its new “Performance Class” technologies at PRINT17 as well as show for the first time several new direct mail applications that will show new market opportunities in direct mail.
“The shape and feel of envelope mail to come” is W+D’s theme for PRINT17 according to Andrew Schipke, Vice President, Sales and Marketing for W+D North America. “Our goal is to WOW printers, mailers and envelope converters with two new W+D performance class machines for inkjet overprinting printing and mail inserting that will be running live at the show. Adding to our machines WOW factor, we will also be showing several new mail applications, which will be firsts that anyone involved in direct mail will surely want to see and pick up samples.”
Direct mail WOW factor W+D is showing:
- New - shape cut mail that has gotten USPS full automation rate discounts
- New - low cost photopolymer embossing technology to add tactile feel to the envelope
- New - low cost foiling of the envelope
- New - ENVaCARD™ – looks like a post card but has some of the benefits of an envelope.
- New - inkjet printing over embossed finished envelopes
- New - very complex intelligent mail piece with 1:1 color personalized messaging on the envelope as well as inside that also has a fully IMB trackable mailer and response piece
W+D will run it’s new W+D Halm i-Jet – Now the world’s fastest 4+-color envelope overprint envelope press which has already been awarded a Must See’ems for the PRINT17 show by the judging committees based on innovation, ease of use, throughput and competitive advantage. This 4+ color high speed inkjet overprint can print 32,000 #10 envelopes per hour at a very high 1600 x 1375 dpi and offers the lowest cost of consumables using Memjet’s production class inkjet print engine.
W+D will also be running its new BB700 S2 performance class inserter live at the show with a very unique read and print direct mail application on a USPS full automation rate approved shape-cut envelope. Each envelope and content will be tracked as well as 1:1 color personalized messaging will be added both inside and out. The unique W+D BB700 S2 read and print system, which also incorporates a Lake Image Discovery
camera and print solution, ensures that the correct variable information, graphics and addresses are printed on the correct matching envelopes with minimal interruptions and that the full direct mail package, including the return BRE is totally IMB trackable. It is the perfect solution to increase throughputs, minimize waste and mitigate risks for highly intelligent mail pieces.
W+D BB700 S2 Inserting system delivers the highest net-on-the-belt numbers for complex, high value direct mail and can do what other inserters cannot.
W+D will be demonstrating at the show:
- Shape cut, undersized envelopes 4 x 5 1/2” and up to 10 x 13” envelopes
- Tight packages < ¼” total clearance
- Diverse envelope styles: cardboard mailers, baronials, diamonds
- Widest variety of feeders for coin/card affixing, notepads, stickers sheets, odd shape/heavy booklets
- Multiple personalization – Auto Mismatch Recovery (Patent Pending)
- Multiple options for inline personalization of content and envelope -1 to 4 colors
- Batch feeding - either static or dynamic – and selectivity are standard
- Thick packs up to 6/10” and optional 1" thick package capability
The New W+D 410 Easy Enveloper envelope converting system will be highlighted with video and samples. The W+D 410 Easy Enveloper offers complete size and window change overs in under 30 minutes for direct mail envelopes like #6-3/4, #9, #10 and 6 x 9 ½” envelopes on coated or uncoated stock that runs at speeds of 500 envelopes per minute by operators without prior envelope adjuster experience. The 410 Easy Enveloper also embraces new technology that makes conversion of digital printed sheets a reality without traditional high die cutting or unacceptable waste factors.
All of latest “W+D Empowering the Envelope” innovations can be seen in Booth 1248 at Print17