Lutz, FL – Xplor International, in conjunction with Xplor Canada, today announced that they have awarded nine member scholarships for the 2017 school year. The 2017 recipients include:
- Ariel M. – Saint Mary’s College of California
- Collin B. – University of California, Berkeley
- Hamzah N. – University of Calgary
- Isabelle B. – University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Jessica T. – Ryerson University
- Jordan W. – University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Katarina B. – Ryerson University
- Katherine K. – Clemson University
- Reginald B. – Ryerson University
In 2010, Xplor decided to go beyond its traditional member offerings to help promote and support the next generation of industry professionals. The Xplor Member Scholarship program was founded to provide financial assistance to Xplor members and their immediate families who are pursuing careers in the field of document and communication technology including such studies as web design, marketing, IT, business, print, cyber security, etc.
The program is funded by the generosity of Xplor Elite Sponsors and in partnership with Xplor Canada.
Qualifications for an Xplor Scholarship include being an Xplor member (or immediate family) and maintaining a 3.0 GPA at a four-year or two-year college or university degree program in the United States or Canada. Scholarship recipients were selected based on their application submission, response to an essay question, academic achievement, participation in school activities, and service to the community.
“The Xplor scholarship program remains a great member benefit.” says Skip Henk, President and CEO of Xplor International. “We thank our Elite Sponsors and Xplor Canada for their partnership in supporting this great program.”